• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Someone in here posted Jeff Vahle’s Instagram post last week saying he’d release more info soon. Has anyone seen if he’s posted anything since then? I don’t have IG, so I can’t stalk him on there.

Someone in here posted Jeff Vahle’s Instagram post last week saying he’d release more info soon. Has anyone seen if he’s posted anything since then? I don’t have IG, so I can’t stalk him on there.
Nope, just about how cast members got the earidescent name tags...

Ok gang, here’s my game plan for the big day.

-Walk from Swan to BW bus stop, arrive by 6:10.

-Attempt to ride Buzz Lightyear before the 7:55 opening show. I figure any rope drop people trying to ride rides are not going to pick Buzz and it’s right by the bridge back to the hub.

-Preorder my food for the day. I want CHH for lunch and Casey’s for dinner!

-Try to see a few shows/original attractions as crowds allow like Tiki Room and Country Bears. I’d also like to see the old Philharmagic one more time. Honestly, I am flexible and know that it may be next to impossible to get several attractions done.

-Call the park hopping number by 2pm. I’d love to go see Kitetails and FOTLK and grab an adult beverage to get a break from the madness that will be MK. If no park hopping due to capacity, stick around and knock out more attractions.

-return by 5:30 and stake out a spot for fireworks. We are hoping for a place on Main Street and I hope that 3.5 hours will be enough but who knows with the 50th. I’m not really willing to wait longer than that though for a show.

after the show, try and hit TWO attractions before closing. I’d at least like a nighttime Splash ride (if it isn’t down lol!!) by getting in line by 9:59.

I am obviously extremely flexible and know that crowds may prevent any/all of this from happening. Mostly, I am just happy to be there for this part of Disney history!

I had so much insomnia last night thinking about everything I had to pack today and get ready!!!
We're drivers, so up at 3am tomorrow - but with a pit stop in Savannah for 2 hours - then on to the Contemporary by 7-8p.
Dinner at Kona over at Poly at 9 - on the beach for Fireworks to watch the first showing of Enchantment at 10:15.
Up early for the 1st, head over to MK and see what excitement they have for us! Rope drop Buzz probably, but then over to Adventureland for full rope drop for Jungle Cruise. Then breakfast at CRT, Plan to do a sing a long at Country Bears at 11 and then a race at the Speedway with some other fans. Lunch at Steak 71, Dinner at Tony's. Shop and eat far too many treats, watch fireworks from the entrance after dinner. Playing it loose with the crowds and the unannounced possible events.
We're in HS on Saturday, breakfast at Steakhouse 71, move to AK Club, not rope drop HS, just stroll down to Rock n Roll Coaster while everyone goes to RotR, lunch at Brown Derby, focus mostly on riding rides in the evening.
Sunday is our Club, Pool and Disney Springs day. Brunch at House of Blues for the bread pudding! Drink and swim!
Monday we switch to AK DVC and meet up with family. Then straight through park a day - Epcot on Monday, back to HS on Tuesday, MK on Wednesday and AK on Thursday.
Plan to take heavy advantage of the extra evening hours on Monday and Wednesday at Epcot and MK.

TOMORROW'S THE DAY!!!!!!!

Flying in at 6PM, and stopping by Fun Spot on Thursday Night
Friday Morning
4:30AM: WAKE UP! Shower and grab breakfast at McDonalds
5:30AM: Uber to Caribbean Beach and drop off luggage
6:00AM: Be at bus stop and catch (hopefully) the first bus to MK!
7:30AM: Early Entry - going to try and rope drop 7DMT. I love the chaos!
7:55AM: Welcome to the Magic Castle Show
8:00AM: Rope Drop Splash and BTMRR
9:00AM: Pirates and Jungle Cruise
10AM-12:30PM: Pictures on Main St/Castle, Emporium, Confectionary, Dapper Dans, Casey Pianist
12:30PM-1:30PM: Crystal Palace Lunch Ressie
1:30PM-6:30PM: Walk around, do shows and find golden statues!
6:30PM: Lunch at Columbia Harbor House
8:30PM: Head back to hotel. I've got 2 more days at MK for Enchantment and I don't want to deal with that massive crowd!

What's everyone bringing to the park? One part of me feels like I should bring lots of things to be prepared for a long day, but the other part of me wants to travel light.

TOMORROW'S THE DAY!!!!!!!

Flying in at 6PM, and stopping by Fun Spot on Thursday Night
Friday Morning
4:30AM: WAKE UP! Shower and grab breakfast at McDonalds
5:30AM: Uber to Caribbean Beach and drop off luggage
6:00AM: Be at bus stop and catch (hopefully) the first bus to MK!
7:30AM: Early Entry - going to try and rope drop 7DMT. I love the chaos!
7:55AM: Welcome to the Magic Castle Show
8:00AM: Rope Drop Splash and BTMRR
9:00AM: Pirates and Jungle Cruise
10AM-12:30PM: Pictures on Main St/Castle, Emporium, Confectionary, Dapper Dans, Casey Pianist
12:30PM-1:30PM: Crystal Palace Lunch Ressie
1:30PM-6:30PM: Walk around, do shows and find golden statues!
6:30PM: Lunch at Columbia Harbor House
8:30PM: Head back to hotel. I've got 2 more days at MK for Enchantment and I don't want to deal with that massive crowd!
Sounds great! Can I copy your whole plan for 10/1, basically? Except stay for Enchantment because I love the chaos! And winging it for breakfast and lunch, because I have no reservations (yikes)!

Sadly just got off the phone to cancel my flights, and cancelled my SSR room last night. We were supposed to fly in tomorrow morning through Sunday but my younger sister has been in the hospital and is now in the ICU on a ventilator so I most definitely cannot leave. She has liver damage as well as pancreatitis, sepsis and had to have 6" of her colon removed. Please enjoy yourselves and just remember to hug your family members and let them know how much you love them❤️

Last minute I ordered one of the 50th anniversary magic bands. It’s going to be waiting at the resort but now that I’m not going any idea how I go about getting it?

We are here now. It’s been dead last 3 days. We did all of MK in about 4 hrs yesterday. After a year of being excited, I’m now torn on whether to go into MK on the 1st. I have been completely underwhelmed by the merchandise so far. Don’t need to do any other rides at MK this trip. Crowds just seem so “unfun”. And while I’ll always love it, I really dislike WDW now without FP. I just can’t wrap my head around ever doing a crowded day without it. 😢 We are at Poly now and I’m thinking about asking to extend 1 nt, delay our BC arrival abd just catch new show from right where I am on pool deck tomorrow night.

We have been here all week. We had MK reservations for Friday. But decided to do MK tomorrow and HS Friday. We have a 6 and 3 year old and I don’t think they will be big fans of the craziness that is going to happen at MK Friday.
Hoping for a lower crowd MK day tomorrow and the same for HS on Friday.

We are here now. It’s been dead last 3 days. We did all of MK in about 4 hrs yesterday. After a year of being excited, I’m now torn on whether to go into MK on the 1st. I have been completely underwhelmed by the merchandise so far.

I can confirm the empty parks and how it’s thrown a wrench in my plans… but in a good way. Having ‘completed’ Magic Kingdom on Monday and Hollywood Studios on Tuesday (can you believe Rise Of Resistance was a walk on???), I really feel no pressure about Friday.

I just want to say I was there, hear a speech, and get any exclusive items/opportunities I can. Without the need to hit any rides, I can leave to put up my feet up at the resort.

I just wish I knew what (if any) exclusive opportunities there may be. It’d be super disappointing if it’s just another day at the park.

Totally agreed. No rides on Fri. If we do it, early in, buy stuff, say “we were there” abd leave. Catch the fireworks another night.

I am all in, super excited and ready for Friday! I plan to try and get on some rides in the morning, but spend the rest of the day soaking it all in. Getting pics of the statues, taking part in whatever they offer, more shopping (looove so much of the merch, cant decide what I want to get, can't get all that I want).

Do we have any murmurs of ceremonies? Is the opening at 7:55am it? Will there be special guests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter