10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Silverfox97 said:
Hmmm... Well, it doesn't matter about passengers or not, really. The ship cannot make a transatlantic in less than 6 days on its current engines, even at full cruising speed. If it gets new engines, potentially it can though.

And yes, Disney can change cruises & mess up travel plans and has before, so I certainly wouldn't put it past them. The did it as recently as last year with a Med cruise.

Do I want them to? Heck no! Is it possible? Sure. Crossing fingers!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Did we ever figure this out?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Bonniec said:

So far, it's unchanged. They are doing the WBTA in 2014 to their 1st port in the Southern caribbean in 5 sea days, so hopefully they can make it to Miami in 4. Scott called DCL about a variety of things & he asked about this and they said they were not aware of any changes.

Crossing fingers!!!

I changed my tickers - we are 100% on this cruise! We are moving the Oct 2013 Fantasy cruise to the Oct 11th 2014 southern out of San Juan. TALK ABOUT EXCITED!!!!

Woo Hoo!!! I am looking forward to that itinerary too!!

So far, it's unchanged. They are doing the WBTA in 2014 to their 1st port in the Southern caribbean in 5 sea days, so hopefully they can make it to Miami in 4. Scott called DCL about a variety of things & he asked about this and they said they were not aware of any changes.

Crossing fingers!!!

Without passengers, cannot they go a little faster and not need to worry about steadiness of the ship and not need to focus on the comfort of those aboard?

jeanigor said:
Without passengers, cannot they go a little faster and not need to worry about steadiness of the ship and not need to focus on the comfort of those aboard?

My hubby says they are getting some new kick @$$ new engines in dry dock. I'll bet he's right. Would make sense with an overhaul!! And yes, that's true about no passengers = wild ride LOL. We've been on the Fantasy twice and have heard several times crew mention that the ride across the Atlantic from Germany was nuts (and that was sans-passengers too).

Hello all! Now that DW says its official I'm joining in the fun! Can't wait.

Silverfox97 said:
I changed my tickers - we are 100% on this cruise! We are moving the Oct 2013 Fantasy cruise to the Oct 11th 2014 southern out of San Juan. TALK ABOUT EXCITED!!!!

I just booked the Oct 11 2014 cruise too. I think I'm more excited about that one, than this one!

ksinglet said:
I just booked the Oct 11 2014 cruise too. I think I'm more excited about that one, than this one!

I know. I've got 5 upcoming cruises, that being the 5th and the one I can't wait to begin planning for!!!

please remove me fr FE i am not gonna be going on this cruise sorry, but i just transferred to the southern caribbean on magic in 2014!!

Due to a scheduling conflict we have to drop this cruise.

If anyone is interested we will be releasing our Two Bedroom Suite (8516)sometime later today. Just trying to decide where to move it to instead. Probably going to do the 10/11/2014 Southern.

pirate:Don't worry, we are still on the cruise and want to join the FE group.
I will sent a PM to Lori.

Yesterday we booked the WBTA sept 2014 cruise with The Magic, looks fantastic and it's a bargain for 14 nights.

Lovely to see soo many people looking forward to the only DD in 2013,
we can't wait.

Greetings,

Ron & Marieke

dclcruise2012 said:
Yesterday we booked the WBTA sept 2014 cruise with The Magic, looks fantastic and it's a bargain for 14 nights.

Greetings,

Ron & Marieke

That WBTA looks AWESOME!!!

I got a quote from my TA for one of the Southern Caribbean sailings next year. I'm going to say yes, it just seems harder to let go of the money.

I got a quote from my TA for one of the Southern Caribbean sailings next year. I'm going to say yes, it just seems harder to let go of the money.

Val & I are on the 9/20/14 sailing. I suspect you're booking a couple of weeks later Todd?

jeanigor said:
I seem to like October cruises. I will be on the 10/4 (good buddy) sailing.

We love October cruises too. I booked the 10/11/14 Southern this week!

Silverfox97 said:

We are moving our Dummy booking to the San Juan cruise too!! Very excited for the new southern Caribbean ports!

Just booked this cruise (room 8588) for our FIRST cruise (first anything Disney too, actually)!! Soooo excited to see our kids faces!! OK, I'll admit it, I'm excited for myself too. ;) Not sure if I'll do the FE, yet, though.

McDonald5 said:
Just booked this cruise (room 8588) for our FIRST cruise (first anything Disney too, actually)!! Soooo excited to see our kids faces!! OK, I'll admit it, I'm excited for myself too. ;) Not sure if I'll do the FE, yet, though.

Welcome aboard! You are going to have a blast! We live in Orlando so go to Disney often but have never been on a cruise either. I'm so excited for this I don't know how I will make it until October.

Just do the FE if you want. We won't be doing them because it's not really our thing but I'm happy to chat away with everyone while we wait. I hope they announce at some point what they are going to do on the dry dock. Are you going to Disney as well or just the cruise?

Welcome aboard! You are going to have a blast! We live in Orlando so go to Disney often but have never been on a cruise either. I'm so excited for this I don't know how I will make it until October.

Just do the FE if you want. We won't be doing them because it's not really our thing but I'm happy to chat away with everyone while we wait. I hope they announce at some point what they are going to do on the dry dock. Are you going to Disney as well or just the cruise?

I don't think we'll go to Disney this time since we sail out of Miami. Also, the kids are not exactly adventurous. My 8 year old about had a heart attack on the kiddie ferris wheel a couple years ago at the fair. haha ;) My hope is that this one will convince my husband of how awesome DCL is and then we can do another one out of port canaveral next year when the kids are a little older and maybe will want to go to WDW for a day or two.
I keep googling "Magic dry dock" hoping to find out what they are doing. No such luck. ;) I'm hoping they will update some of the furniture and bedding. And an aqua duck would be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter