• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) - Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone watch The Bachelorette??? OMG!!!!!!! :scared1::eek::mad::mad::mad:

All I can say is what goes around comes around buddy!

Yay!! Someone else who watches trash tv!!! (So ashamed to admit it - but I did watch it as well).:rolleyes1

Can't wait to see the "Men tell all" episode!!:woohoo:

I put a bit on, but I expected that having to eat out all weekend.

Its not defeated me though - I got straight back to counting my points yesterday:thumbsup2 I'm aiming to save 2 each day and earn 1 activity point each day too.

Karen - what a GREAT attitude! Don't let a little setback derail you completely! I derailed a bit last week (and into this week) and will be getting back to it tomorrow. ;)

My days work is done. :banana: Now I can pay attention to the conference call I am on. :lmao:

Leisha - that is HILARIOUS!!! :laughing::lmao::rotfl2: Love it! Sometimes reading this message board is the only thing that gets me through a long, boring meeting (I just have to be careful not to laugh when I read something silly that Mike has said!!) :rotfl:

This is the kind of plane my dad fixed when he was in the Air Force and I THINK my brother works on them now as well (I know he works on the C-130s over in Iraq)

Ah.... brings back all the cool memories of growing up on the Air Force bases!
I got a pic of a C-130, but I was camped out under the wing of another aircraft as it started to rain. I'll post it.

Hello all!

My GF and I will be joining all of you DISer's on the B.O.B. as I have just paid off our cruise in full. Now for the countdown...

A little information about us... Brian (me) an IT guy from the Chicago area, and Sue (GF), a benefits manager for a community college. I used to be a moderator on the Disboards, from 2002-2006, including the Collector's Board, the old Debate Board..(Good riddance on that board!!) and right here on the DCL boards. I have been on 3 Disney cruises, including both WB Panama Repos, but this is Sue's first cruise. We both cannot wait to get on board!!!!

I sent all of my info on to JLDSMD, but the info hasn't appeared on page one yet... (It's been a few weeks).

Anyway, we are looking forward to a great cruise!!!!

:welcome:

Welcome Brian and Sue!!!! I just joined this board a month or so ago and these guys are QUITE chatty - but so Wonderfully friendly. A lot of them were on a cruise before and know each other, but welcomed people like me with open arms.:yay:

Can't wait to get to know you! I'll be up in your neck of the woods next week (Chicago) for a convention! Any good Chicago Pizza suggestions? Someone told me Edwardos was good.

Welcome again!

Wow! Take a couple days off from reading the posts and KABLOOM – I’ve got 25 pages to catch up on!!:lmao:

I think I’ve responded to most everyone’s exciting news. Looks like the BOB get together was so much fun! I can’t wait to meet you all in October.

My girls are safely with mamaw and papaw in Pensacola, Florida today. :banana: They flew from Virginia to Atlanta by themselves yesterday and my parents met them in Atlanta. They got home late last night, but are excited to go swimming. Of course, today it’s RAINING – so they will have to wait (poor girls!)

The crick in my neck has finally gone – but not before I went last night and got a massage. As my friend called it, I got the “exorcist” kind – she beat the SNOT out of me and I’m sore all over, but my neck is SO much better. She was GREAT (and I PAID for her to hurt me???):laughing:

Well – since today is the first official FULL day of “no kids” – don’t know exactly what me and Dave will do :rolleyes1…. Probably just collapse from exhaustion! I probably ought to start getting ready for my trip to Chicago next week – going to a White Sox game while we are there – can’t wait!!!

TTFN!

It's not great but there is a C-130 there if you can spot it.
Mobile082.jpg

Ok, off to the pool. Be back in a little while.

Hello all!

My GF and I will be joining all of you DISer's on the B.O.B. as I have just paid off our cruise in full. Now for the countdown...

A little information about us... Brian (me) an IT guy from the Chicago area, and Sue (GF), a benefits manager for a community college. I used to be a moderator on the Disboards, from 2002-2006, including the Collector's Board, the old Debate Board..(Good riddance on that board!!) and right here on the DCL boards. I have been on 3 Disney cruises, including both WB Panama Repos, but this is Sue's first cruise. We both cannot wait to get on board!!!!

I sent all of my info on to JLDSMD, but the info hasn't appeared on page one yet... (It's been a few weeks).

Excellent that you're joining us. I'm Heather and my DH is Rick. We took the Magic Repo last August with some other members of the BOB and we had such a great time. Rick and I are from England, travelling over to the US a couple of days before the 24th. Lots of info on page 1 and on Cass's website. Click on the link at the bottom of her posts - Timon.

It's not great but there is a C-130 there if you can spot it.
Mobile082.jpg

Ok, off to the pool. Be back in a little while.

I can see the plane - it's the one with propellers!

I remember when I lived in the Phililppines (for 4 years in high school) - we had a speech and drama competition up at Yongson AB in Seoul, Korea. As a school trip, we took a C-130 plane up there and sat in the red sling seats that were attached to the walls. We had to wear earplugs too since it was SUPER loud. I can't imagine letting my 17 year old daughter to that - even with chaperones (and it wasn't that long ago - 1990!)

I'm going to have a word with the teacher in September hopefully and make her aware. I have to go in anyway to re-train her with the epipen, so I can do this at the same time.:thumbsup2

Karen, This reminded me of an patient a few days ago. The boy got curious about his epi-pen and was playing with it. He decided to touch the tip of the pen with his index finger. It went off firing the needle right into the tuft (bone) of his finger. This caused a spiraling of the needle making removal extremely difficult and painful. Needless to say he won't be playing with the epi-pen again.

Karen, This reminded me of an patient a few days ago. The boy got curious about his epi-pen and was playing with it. He decided to touch the tip of the pen with his index finger. It went off firing the needle right into the tuft (bone) of his finger. This caused a spiraling of the needle making removal extremely difficult and painful. Needless to say he won't be playing with the epi-pen again.

OUCH!!!!!

That's all I can say... I'm still cringing!! :scared1:

Hello Brian! Nice to have you aboard! I see that you're an IT guy. Do you mind if I ask you a network related question? I got a problem on my home network that's driving me crazy!

Hello all!

Here's my 2 videos....

First one is hard to see but you can just make out Jeff and Chris setting off the fireworks...

And this is Jeff's finale :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Excellent Cass. I could almost be on the Magic on Pirate Night.

Sounds like you had a breakthrough!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I hope so! :banana:

You might want to remind him about his report in Sept when he goes back to School.

Oh dont worry - I will! - I might have the "must work quicker" comments highlighted by then too:lmao:

It's been raining off and on all day in London too Karen.

Geez - summer:confused3

next weekend we'll do england.:thumbsup2

I'll make a lasagne ready;):lmao:

Hello all!

Hi Brian and Sue:goodvibes...I'm Karen, travelling with hubby Neil and ds Ellis. We're from England and cruised in 07 with most of this bunch. We're crazy and chatty, but just jump in and join the fun:goodvibes

Karen - what a GREAT attitude! Don't let a little setback derail you completely! I derailed a bit last week (and into this week) and will be getting back to it tomorrow. ;)

I am finding it quite easy this time round. Sensible choices for brekkie and lunch leave me lots of points to play with formy dinner and evening snack. Hopefully this week the scales will go in the right direction.:thumbsup2 Keep it up and get back on those rails;)

:welcome:

Welcome Brian and Sue!!!! I just joined this board a month or so ago and these guys are QUITE chatty - but so Wonderfully friendly. A lot of them were on a cruise before and know each other, but welcomed people like me with open arms.:yay:

Can't wait to get to know you! I'll be up in your neck of the woods next week (Chicago) for a convention! Any good Chicago Pizza suggestions? Someone told me Edwardos was good.

Welcome again!

Ouch:headache:.... I have always taught Ellis how to use his epipen from a very early age and always stress it could save his life and that it must be treated with respect. If the worst happened and no-one was around he could do definately it himself. We use all the out of date pens to train teachers, carers etc and he practices each year twice a year with a "real" pen and several times with our dummy pen. The needles do bend real easy I agree. I always bend mine round to get it back inside the tube once its fired.

Wow..what a painful way to learn.

Back inside due to a rain shower. It is raining in the words of Forrest Gump, "big ol fat raiin" and if you are in a pool it would be "rain that comes from both directions"
Hello all!

Welcome aboard! I am Chris. My travelling party consists of DW Elaine, DD 9 Samantha, and DS7, Jay. We are also travelling with my parents and sister. We live in the Constitution State...Connecticut. This is our 2nd DCL Cruise and 3rd cruise. We cruised with RCCL for our first cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter