• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/9 Fantasy...

bullandog

Earning My Ears
Hi anyone think this will sail, we are trying to get from UK but proving impossible. If Disney don't cancel then we lose everything.

Pray for all who are in or affected by this monster storm.

Everything I have seen looks like it will sail. Storm should be out of the way by then

Hi anyone think this will sail, we are trying to get from UK but proving impossible. If Disney don't cancel then we lose everything.

Do you have trip insurance? I really think dcl should give people the option of cancelling. A lot of people arent going to be able to make it to Florida.

I think people who live in USA might struggle to get to Port Canaveral this storm looks horrible.

Providing it can get into PC on Saturday, it will sail on Saturday> If the port is still closed on Saturday, they will most likely extend the current sailing until they can dock, and shorten the 10/8 sailing, but they will not cancel it.

If you have third party insurance and your flights are impacted by cancellations, you should be able to recoup through insurance even if DCL doesn't actually cancel the cruise.

It's also possible that DCL will offer something to those people currently booked on the 10/8 Fantasy - be that free cancellation and rebooking or what. But it may be a little early to tell and nothing has been announced yet. So sorry this is impacting your vacation plans, it must be very stressful for you so far away, but better to be safe at home than trying to travel into a hurricane.

Providing it can get into PC on Saturday, it will sail on Saturday> If the port is still closed on Saturday, they will most likely extend the current sailing until they can dock, and shorten the 10/8 sailing, but they will not cancel it.

That would be interesting then. Given the latest track predictions the Fantasy would have to said right through the hurricane if it was trying to stay on schedule.

Your travel insurance should cover you if flights to Orlando are cancelled and you can't make it in time for your cruise.

Bit of good news for us. Just spoken to travel insurance and informed them that we have a 24hour flight delay with Virgin and will miss the cruise if it leaves on time. They state after a 12 hour delay we are classed as abandoned even if we have not left. They have stated they will pay whatever means necessary for us to catch the cruise up by air sea or land if we can't do this they will refund our money and find us accommodation in Orlando of the same value.

Keep safe everyone

MCO is closing at 8:00 p.m. today and will open back up on Sat, depending on clean up and staff availability.

CuFwaq4W8AEqe-y.png:large

Per DCL website:

Disney Fantasy– UPDATED!

• The October 8 sailing of the Disney Fantasy is being altered to a 6-night western Caribbean cruise departing on Sunday, October 9, from Port Canaveral. Guests who remain on the revised itinerary will receive a pro-rated refund equal to the amount of one-night of their cruise fare and an onboard credit. Guests who would like to rebook a future sailing at a discountORcancel their sailing for a full refund are invited to call us at1-866-325-3905or407-566-7032.
ETA: **Please note the Disney Cruise Line Contact Center is currently closed due to the anticipated weather conditions associated with Hurricane Matthew in Central Florida. We will reopen on Saturday morning, October 8.**

Last edited:
And no one is there to answer to rebook or even say where we would be going. This is ridiculous

Yup... because all their offices are closed. At this moment I have no idea where the ship is going.. as in what islands? Not that it matters, but I'd like to at least know it.

Yup... because all their offices are closed. At this moment I have no idea where the ship is going.. as in what islands? Not that it matters, but I'd like to at least know it.
I would think you could google a DCL western caribbean itinerary to get a pretty good idea. Good luck.

I would think you could google a DCL western caribbean itinerary to get a pretty good idea. Good luck.

Agreed though with one less night it will be altered. I would think they'd nix a sea day, but that depends on port availability those days, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter