10-Day Disney World Itinerary

kristynhyatt

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am planning to take my 2 (Almost 3), 5 and 15 year olds (This is how old they'll be at the time of our trip) to Disney World for 9 Nights/10 Days end of September through Early October 2023. I think we'll do 6 park days with 2 rest/ Disney Springs days sprinkled in.

With all the of the experience here on these boards, I am wondering what your perfect itinerary would be? Which days would be best for rest days? What are the best days to visit each park? What I have in mind is:

Wednesday: Arrival Day
Thursday: Magic Kingdom
Friday: Hollywood Studios
Saturday: Resort/Rest Day
Sunday: Animal Kingdom
Monday: Epcot
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom Day 2
Wednesday: Rest/Resort Day
Thursday: Epcot OR Hollywood Studios
Friday: Home

Planning on doing a split stay of 6 Boardwalk Villas nights and 3 Polynesian Nights and will be renting DVC points if all goes according to plan. Thank you in Advance for reading this lengthy post and for any advice you are able to provide!

Hello, I am planning to take my 2 (Almost 3), 5 and 15 year olds (This is how old they'll be at the time of our trip) to Disney World for 9 Nights/10 Days end of September through Early October 2023. I think we'll do 6 park days with 2 rest/ Disney Springs days sprinkled in.

With all the of the experience here on these boards, I am wondering what your perfect itinerary would be? Which days would be best for rest days? What are the best days to visit each park? What I have in mind is:

Planning on doing a split stay of 6 Boardwalk Villas nights and 3 Polynesian Nights and will be renting DVC points if all goes according to plan. Thank you in Advance for reading this lengthy post and for any advice you are able to provide!
I would do my HS and Epcot days while staying at BWV and do MK while at Poly. Personally, I like to end my stay with MK, but given that you've got a couple of little ones, a first day at MK is almost a must. So I would do:
  • Day #1 - arrival day at Poly
  • Day #2 - MK
  • Day # 3 - AK
  • Day # 4 - moving day, rest at either resort's pool
  • Day #5 - Epcot
  • Day #6 - HS
  • Day #7 - resting day
  • Day # 8 - HS or Epcot
  • Day #9 - repeat a favorite park
  • Day #10 - check out of BWV and head home

I would do my HS and Epcot days while staying at BWV and do MK while at Poly. Personally, I like to end my stay with MK, but given that you've got a couple of little ones, a first day at MK is almost a must. So I would do:
  • Day #1 - arrival day at Poly
  • Day #2 - MK
  • Day # 3 - AK
  • Day # 4 - moving day, rest at either resort's pool
  • Day #5 - Epcot
  • Day #6 - HS
  • Day #7 - resting day
  • Day # 8 - HS or Epcot
  • Day #9 - repeat a favorite park
  • Day #10 - check out of BWV and head home
Thank you! I like the idea of doing the Poly first, per the point schedule, renting points would be cheaper before the end of September and since it's such an expensive resort, that would help save some money!

If they're still doing Extended Evening Hours for Deluxe resort guests, I would switch the 2nd Magic Kingdom day to Wednesday. Historically, EEH for Epcot is Monday and MK is Wednesday but they have been known to mix it up occasionally. I like 2 days at each of those parks and 1 day at AK and HS... but HS is not my favorite so others might disagree with me on that. :)

A few thoughts. Its hard to predict which days are best for which parks more than a year out. A lot can change between now and then. The good news is that you are planning a trip during a typically slower time of year. It will still be busy, but shouldn't be insane. And as long as there is no late season hurricane, you should have good weather that time of year. IMHO, the trip is too much, especially with two little ones. That opinion is coming from someone that prefers to go hard for a shorter period of time. I would cut out the second Epcot/HS day and either add an extra rest day, try a water park (which is more relaxing than the other parks), or shorten the trip by one night. Especially since those parks can be done very thoroughly in one day.

Another thing to consider is that the Halloween party will occur on certain nights at MK. By late September/early October, it will be held 4 nights per week. The park will close early to guests who do not have event tickets. You may want to adjust your MK days accordingly.
20220612_182112.jpg

I would just keep an eye on the park hours/events as you get closer to your dates to finalize but I agree with Marionette's comments on doing MK/AK while at Poly and then the epcot area resorts when at BW. Do watch for the extended evening hours, if you think you would use them but with a almost 3 yo & 5 yo, maybe not,

Also on your rest/resort day, or even arrival, you could sprinkle in disney springs or putt putt.

I would add the park hopper to the days you're in the parks. That way if you see a park that has a low attendance some afternoon or evening, you'll be able to take advantage. Hollywood sometimes thins out toward closing time. Also, when making reservations, take a look at the marginal cost of adding another day or so of park tickets. That is to say, if you're buying 6 days, the 7th isn't that much more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter