10 days till 1st trip!!!!!!!help!!!!

M

minniehaha

10 days to go. what should i be doing?????? am almost packed.
sons and hubbie geting excited.:) :bounce:

I'm jealous!!! If I were you I would make a list of everything that needs to be packed and then check it off as it goes in the suitcase. If you're near a Disney store you could pick up your tickets and also a toy or two for your kids while travelling (car or plane). I make a list on one piece of paper with names and addresses of people you want to send postcards to and go to the post office for postcard stamps. Make sure you have bought all your film, extra batteries, sunscreen, etc. Try to relax and have a great trip!!!:wave:

.. but who's counting???:p

Don't forget to have your mail stopped (or picked up by a neighbor). And either stop your newspaper or donate the time to a local school. Here we have "the vacation donation" where the week you do not receive the paper, instead of taking a credit, you donate the equivalent time to a local school. You pay the same amount you always do, but the school gets the paper at some other point in the year. (Obviously not now, the kids are out of school.)

Also, I liked the tip I read somewhere to write down all your ticket numbers and keep them with you in case you lose your tickets. That goes for airline as well as theme parks.

See you at WDW!

You'll want to rest up when you get back, not have to go out in a last minute frenzy.

Have you picked up any books on WDW?

We bought "The Unoffical Guide". Between it and this wonderful board
you should be able to plan a great time.

We leave on Saturday for 8 days and then a 4 day Wonder cruise. Don't forget
to wear a lime green ribbon so that other DIS members will know you.

Have a great time.

:bounce: :jester:

Have I picked up any reading material?

I have:

Unofficial Guide (used to be called Mini Mickey) 1997-2001
Birnbaums Official Guide 1999-2001
Passporter 2000-2001
Fodors 2001
Frommers 2001
Econoguide 2000-2001

My husband has been quite tolerant, but is convinced I'm insane. I think the cure is comin' though. I have wanted to do this trip since March 1997. I can't believe it's really going to happen!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

First thing for minniehaha is to get back to this board!!!!
Have your days planned. We are commando style, but not storm troopers!!
A typical day for us is.... Early entry to Magic kingdom, go to Fantasyland and hit all the rides in an hour!!( No lines! Everyone else runs off to Splash and Space, we'll hit em on an E-night).
The park still is'nt open yet to everyone, but will be soon. Go over to tommorrowland and hit three or four rides in whatever order you like. The people are coming in heavy now, so we go eat breakfast at Tony's Town Square, with a reservation at (9:30 to 10:00 whatever we can get). Leave the park and jump on the monorail to EPCOT. We are there before World Showcase opens, so when it does it is like a second early entry!!! Hit Mexico, Norway,China, while the throngs are looking for lunch. It's maybe 1 or 2 pm now, and plan breaks into one of two parts. PLan A- WE're a little tired, so back to the resort to swim for an hour to make us really tired and then rest/nap for an hour. Then back to MK, many people couldn't stand the crowds and are now leaving and the lines aren't that bad, and even if they are we have no pressure to hit rides beacuse we did so many in the morning! We pick and choose now!
Plan B- Heck we aren't tired we are robots! When we are in this mode we will still rest, but we will do it on attractions that are slow and dark. EPCOT is full of them. Spaceship Earth, Ellens Energy, my mind slips for a minute but I believe there are movies at China, Canada and France. The boat ride across the Lagoon. American Adventure.
The point is... in this entire plan we do not have to hit any ride at any time, but we know where we want to be to our best benefit. AND I DIDN'T EVEN MENTION FASTPASS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter