10 Park Days, In order or mix it up?

kuhltiffany

DIS Veteran
We have an August trip booked and will have 10 park days (hopper+ too). We also haven't been to WDW in 6 years, so I'm new to the pre-planned FP system. When planning, do you tend to pick a park and go there for several days until you feel done, or do you mix it up and don't do the same park 2 days in a row?

Any advice welcomed :)

Hate to say this but I book my days around ADR availability. When I was booking my trip (which starts tomorrow yay!) I looked for ADRs first. The day I found Akershus at 8 am for breakfast was an epcot day. When a BOG dinner reservation was available, is when we picked magic kingdom. Not sure if you are big park eaters or not. But my daily park ADR whether its breakfast lunch or dinner kind of dictates where I go and when.

We go in August with 10 day tickets as well. We always choose a different park each day as our main park, but with hoppers we usually end up in Epcot later in the day.

We always mix it up but typically go to MK the first and last day of the trip with another MK day in the middle somewhere. Then sprinkle the other parks around without repeating. Have a great trip! :-)

Mix it up based on park hours (to the best of my ability with what is known) and ADRs. I usually hop to whatever has lower crowd levels in the afternoon.

Mix it up. That keeps it fresh. You don't get 'tired' of a park.

Use your hoppers. With hoppers, most of the time you should strive to be in two different parks on any given day.

Mix it up. This year AK was at the end because of FOP availability. Often we have MK. As our last day. But no two trips have been the same.

We start at the extra magic park. Book fast passes for regular opening and leave a Park by 10:30 - 11 and then get breakfast. Then we’ll do pool time and head to another park. Sometimes we do three parks in a day depending on our mood.

We went last December for 11 days, 5 years since our previous visit. Our strategy is to visit a different park for the first 4 days, morning to evening: those days you're still fresh and ready to stay long hours.
Then, it's catch-up. Every ride and attraction that wasn't programmed for those 4 initial days gets into the morning of the following days, so we pick a park a day in advance (with the FPs we need), and in the afternoon/evening it's same day's choice. That way there's a bit of spontaneity (and we can sleep a bit more!)
For the record, in our previous visit in 2012 (also 11 days), we took the same approach and it worked just fine.
Enjoy your trip!

We don't really do one or the other on purpose - just based on park hours and EMH schedule that we know of at that time. We do all the morning EMHs and they aren't often two days in a row for the same park, so that allows us to mix it up by default.

We mix it up but like to do MK fireworks our last night, however that all pans out. We also do a mix of early morning/stay till we're done, with early morning/afternoon break/back to parks, with late morning/lunch arrival and stay until park closing. A couple of days of each keeps us fresh! :)

We never do less than 8 park days and we do almost the same thing everytime. We open in Animal Kingdom and our last day is in Magic Kingdom. We have never used park hoppers and we tend to mix it up almost never the same park 2 days in a row. We are doing Animal Kingdom 2 days in a row this time but that is because we are staying at AKL and dining in the hotel a lot.

Mix it up for sure. We just did 8 park days. We started with Epcot (because I wanted to alternate MK days and end with MK). So it was:

Epcot>MK>HS>MK>Epcot>MK>AK>MK

It worked great and like PP said we had some early start days (like our EMM day at MK) and some later start days (like the day of BOG dinner). 4 little kids so we didn't want all day, every day. I was afraid kids would not feel like they were at Disney World by starting at Epcot but we did Character Spot right away as our first FP and then did Frozen, met Anna and Elsa, etc. So it was a really fun way to start the trip without being in MK.

Hate to say this but I book my days around ADR availability. When I was booking my trip (which starts tomorrow yay!) I looked for ADRs first. The day I found Akershus at 8 am for breakfast was an epcot day. When a BOG dinner reservation was available, is when we picked magic kingdom. Not sure if you are big park eaters or not. But my daily park ADR whether its breakfast lunch or dinner kind of dictates where I go and when.

Me too! That and FP availability but mainly ADR.

Mix it up, but always start and end with MK :)
We mix it up but always start and end with MK.

I'll third this motion. We are lucky enough to have 17 park days during our summer trip. While we don't exactly go A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D in rotation, it's kinda like that. The only "rule" is it starts in MK and usually (not always) ends in MK. Beyond that, we just do rotations without looking at any other factors. We'll also rotate days and evenings. So we may do Park A in the morning, then the next day is Park B in the evening, then Park C in the evening and Park D the next morning. We leave the other "half" of the day as pure freestyle...do whatever we feel like doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter