10 Question Disney trip poll - college thesis help!

1. How often in the last 2 years have you been able to make it to Disney?Once
2. What is your average length of stay (days) while visiting?9-10 days
3. Do you stay on property?yes
4. Are you a Florida Resident, US resident, or coming from out of the country?US resident
5. What is the average size of your party that is traveling with you?2 people total, myself and one other person
6. What WDW theme park do you visit most often?Epcot
7. Second most often?Magic Kingdom
8. What's the average number of rides you're able to get on within a day?Magic Kingdom- 8-10, Epcot- 9, HS- 5, Animal Kingdom- 6 (RIDES ONLY, DOES NOT INCLUDE SHOWS OF ANY TYPE)
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. while in a park (or parks) within 1 day? $50-$100 10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) Disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? $3000 (please exclude any $$ spent off-property)

1. How often in the last 2 years have you been able to make it to Disney?
Once
2. What is your average length of stay (days) while visiting?
5 days
3. Do you stay on property?
yes
4. Are you a Florida Resident, US resident, or coming from out of the country?
US Resident
5. What is the average size of your party that is traveling with you?
6. What WDW theme park do you visit most often?
EPCOT
7. Second most often?
MK
8. What's the average number of rides you're able to get on within a day?
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. while in a park (or parks) within 1 day?
About $60 dollars per person
10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) Disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? (please exclude any $$ spent off-property)
$3000

1. How often in the last 2 years have you been able to make it to Disney? Twice
2. What is your average length of stay (days) while visiting? 5-7
3. Do you stay on property? Sometimes (about half the time)
4. Are you a Florida Resident, US resident, or coming from out of the country? US resident
5. What is the average size of your party that is traveling with you? Out of all of my Disney trips, it's varied from 2 all the way up to 14. But average is usually either 2 or 4.
6. What WDW theme park do you visit most often? Epcot
7. Second most often? Magic Kingdom
8. What's the average number of rides you're able to get on within a day? 15
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. while in a park (or parks) within 1 day? $100 per person
10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) Disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? (please exclude any $$ spent off-property) $2500 for two people

7. Second most often?
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. while in a park (or parks) within 1 day?
10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) Disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? (please exclude any $$ spent off-property)

1. Twice
2. Four days
3. Not anymore, used too, though.
4. US Resident
5. Four people
6. Hollywood Studios
7. Magic Kingdom
8. As many as we can, we go at the time of year that we do not have to worry about lines. I can't recall NOT getting on anything we wanted
9. $25? We go so often we have it down to a science. Just a snack or two during the time in the park, we buy sovineers at Downtown Disney, and eat our meals off property
10. Not an accurate question to ask someone like me. I stay in a fully furnished condo rental for $75 night. Use very cheap airfare. Eat our meals either in the condo (breakfast) or off properties for dinner. I am still using a 10 day pass I bot five years ago. So to answer your question $700 out of pocket?

(If you want a complete an accurate response to measure everyone on this board, I think you need to seperate your thesis on those who are still new to the Disney World Experience and those grizzled veterans who can operate on a shoe string budget and still have a great time. Feel free to PM me.)

Hey guys,

I'm a student at the University of Central Florida and am looking for a few helpful responders to my questionnaire on your average Walt Disney World trip. I've been looking for hours for some resources on this but have come up short. This doesn't have to be 100% accurate but my findings here will let me know what direction to take with my thesis. Any help is appreciated. I'm majoring in Hospitality. Thanks in advance!

1. How often in the last 2 years have you been able to make it to Disney? 2 times
2. What is your average length of stay (days) while visiting? 9 days
3. Do you stay on property? yes
4. Are you a Florida Resident, US resident, or coming from out of the country? out of country
5. What is the average size of your party that is traveling with you? 5
6. What WDW theme park do you visit most often? MK
7. Second most often? Epcot
8. What's the average number of rides you're able to get on within a day? guessing 15 in a full day
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. while in a park (or parks) within 1 day? whatever Dxdp costs for a family of 5, plus around $20-$30 souvenirs per day
not including transportation, around $8K

once
usually 7 days
yes
US resident
4 (myself, mom, dad and sister)
Magic Kingdom
7. Second most often?
EPCOT
13 rides
$80
$6000

Hey guys,

I'm a student at the University of Central Florida and am looking for a few helpful responders to my questionnaire on your average Walt Disney World trip. I've been looking for hours for some resources on this but have come up short. This doesn't have to be 100% accurate but my findings here will let me know what direction to take with my thesis. Any help is appreciated. I'm majoring in Hospitality. Thanks in advance!

7. Second most often?

1. Once
2. Seven days
3. Yes - we own DVC
4. US Resident
5. Usually just myself and my husband
6. Magic Kingdom
7. Animal Kingdom
8. 8
9. $200
10. $4200 with DVC dues

Hey guys,

yes
English
2 adults, 1 child
Magic Kingdom
7. Second most often?
Epcot
150 average
not including flights approx $6000

1. 2 times
2. 7 days
3. yes
4. US resident (NC)
5. 3 (2 adults, 1 junior)
6. MK
7. EP
8. 10
9. $25 (DDP usually free)
10. $2600 (including gas we drive)

Hope this helps...

1. 2
2. 6 days
3. yes
4. out of country/Austria
5. 2 Adults, 1 child
6. Epcot
7. Magic Kingdom
8. 12
9. 150
10. 3000

See answers below...

Hey guys,

1. How often in the last 2 years have you been able to make it to Disney? 5 times with family, plus 2 business trips to Orlando where I was able to sneak in at least an evening or two at one of the parks.
2. What is your average length of stay (days) while visiting? Average would be about 9 days. Longer trips typically 12 or so, shorter ones 7 or 8.
3. Do you stay on property? No - always offsite.
4. Are you a Florida Resident, US resident, or coming from out of the country? Not Florida, from Ohio.
5. What is the average size of your party that is traveling with you? Typically it is four of us (myself, my wife, 2 kids)
6. What WDW theme park do you visit most often? Magic Kingdom
7. Second most often? Hollywood Studios (but Epcot would be very close); Animal Kingdom is a distant 4th.
8. What's the average number of rides you're able to get on within a day? At least 10 to 12. We always arrive early, and are very good with fastpasses. We could get on more rides than we do, but spend our time doing other things around the parks (sometimes just people watching)
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. while in a park (or parks) within 1 day? Maybe $75 on average. We eat about 1 meal a day in the parks (breakfast at the condo, and pack a lunch).
10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) Disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? (please exclude any $$ spent off-property) This question is too vague. I purchased 4 annual passes - so that's $2,000. Figure I do 2.5 vacations to Disney a year at an average of 9 days each, then spend an average of $75/day in the parks, that's almost $1700. So if you add the $2k to $1.7k, then divide by 2.5 to get an average "per vacation" cost, it would tell you that Disney gets about $1,480 from me per trip. As part of your thesis (and you didn't give the topic, so I don't know for sure), but it may be worthwhile to look at total cost of vacation versus what Disney gets, because my total cost per vacation is easily double what actually goes to Disney.

Hey guys,

1. How often in the last 2 years have you been able to make it to Disney? 5 times including Decemebr trip2. What is your average length of stay (days) while visiting? 10 days
3. Do you stay on property? half and half4. Are you a Florida Resident, US resident, or coming from out of the country? US
5. What is the average size of your party that is traveling with you? 2
6. What WDW theme park do you visit most often? Epcot
7. Second most often? MGM
8. What's the average number of rides you're able to get on within a day? 4-5
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. while in a park (or parks) within 1 day? $100
10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) Disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? (please exclude any $$ spent off-property) $2000 - very rough guess

Hope this helps

hey guys,

i'm a student at the university of central florida and am looking for a few helpful responders to my questionnaire on your average walt disney world trip. I've been looking for hours for some resources on this but have come up short. This doesn't have to be 100% accurate but my findings here will let me know what direction to take with my thesis. Any help is appreciated. I'm majoring in hospitality. Thanks in advance!

1. How often in the last 2 years have you been able to make it to disney? 3
2. What is your average length of stay (days) while visiting?6
3. Do you stay on property? Yes
4. Are you a florida resident, us resident, or coming from out of the country? Us resident
5. What is the average size of your party that is traveling with you? 4
6. What wdw theme park do you visit most often? Mk
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. While in a park (or parks) within 1 day? 100.00
10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? (please exclude any $$ spent off-property)
$3500.00

Hey guys,

1. How often in the last 2 years have you been able to make it to Disney? Once. We can usually only go every two years.
2. What is your average length of stay (days) while visiting? about a week
3. Do you stay on property? always
4. Are you a Florida Resident, US resident, or coming from out of the country? US resident, not from Florida
5. What is the average size of your party that is traveling with you? family of 4
6. What WDW theme park do you visit most often? Magic Kingdom
8. What's the average number of rides you're able to get on within a day? with my kids, it depends on the park but about 8-10
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. while in a park (or parks) within 1 day? food: dining plan for three (baby is under 3) so about $100 Souvies, etc: $100
10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) Disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? (please exclude any $$ spent off-property) Our entire vacation costs us about $7000
My responses are in bold.

7. Second most often?

1)5 times
2) 7 1/2 days
3) yes
4) US resident
5) 4
6) Epcot
7) MK
8) uknown. some days we don't do rides, shows only and we wait for nothing longer than 25 minutes so that limits rides unless during RD. In the past 4 trips we have done EVERY ride and attraction at least once at WDW. Most multiple times.
9) often do DDP so food cost unknown. per day souvineers $25-50
10) $1500-1700 our average will be unusual as we often have AP's and have spent as little as $700 grand total (airfare, car, on site room, DDP, and souvineers for 5 day trip) to $3,000 for 10 days.

hey guys,

i'm a student at the university of central florida and am looking for a few helpful responders to my questionnaire on your average walt disney world trip. I've been looking for hours for some resources on this but have come up short. This doesn't have to be 100% accurate but my findings here will let me know what direction to take with my thesis. Any help is appreciated. I'm majoring in hospitality. Thanks in advance!

1. How often in the last 2 years have you been able to make it to disney?1 time
2. What is your average length of stay (days) while visiting? 7-9 days
3. Do you stay on property? Yes
4. Are you a florida resident, us resident, or coming from out of the country? Us
5. What is the average size of your party that is traveling with you? 8
6. What wdw theme park do you visit most often? Mk
9. How much would you say you spend on food, souvineers, etc. While in a park (or parks) within 1 day? Varies, with fd probably $20 each
10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? (please exclude any $$ spent off-property)
$3000

Twice
Four or Five
Usually not...once in the past two years
U.S. Resident
Mostly am solo.
Magic Kingdom
7. Second most often?
Epcot
I honestly do not keep track. It's not a contest!
Guess...$20.00
$600.00

Hope that helps.

Hey guys,

2 times per year (once with kids, once without)

1 week

Yes

US resident

2 with just us, 5 with kids

Magic Kingdom
7. Second most often?
EPCOT

If I would have to guess it would be 10 but we are there for more than just rides

$150

10. If you were to put an estimated price tag on your average (and entire) Disney vacation (total cost), what would your estimate be? (please exclude any $$ spent off-property) I would have to guess at $800-$1000 with just us and $1500-$2000 with the kids but that will all change next year when we have to start paying for our youngest child.

I hope this helps! I would be interested in reading what you put together. Good luck!

Once

Ten

Always

US Resident

Two

Epcot

7. Second most often?
Magic Kingdom

I have no idea....that depends on a lot of factors...namely what park we're at.

We've used the dining plan recently, so this is hard to determine with regard to food. On top of that I'd $20-$50. We're not big on souveniers.

$3000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter