10 Things Every DIS Traveler Should Do

WriteDisney

DIS Veteran
So I was just reading an article in Real Simple called "10 Things Every Traveler Should Do."

It was just a list of things that you should do when you travel, whether its a new place or even one you go to often... Examples: "Savor Every Moment of Your First Few Hours," "Take in a performance or a sporting event," "read the daily newspaper," or "get lost"

It was very cute and of course I thought of Disney first and thought it'd be a cool idea for a thread to list things we think every DISer should do! It can be anything we want, from the totally obvious to the very unique!

I'll start (I stole a few of these from the article.. but they work very well with Disney)!

1- Savor Every Moment of Your First Few Hours... the hours that you arrive, check in, first get to parks are precious and you really do need to enjoy every single minute of it!

2- Get food and take it outside!... I love getting food from the Main Street Bakery and sitting outside and just watching people walk by.. or getting breakfast at Starring Rolls or Catalina Eddies at DHS and just listening to the music

3- Take pictures of random things!... I set our screensaver on our computer at home to a slideshow of my "My Pictures" folder... I love seeing the pics from my last trip of random things (like the Sunset Boulevard manholes and the names on the windows on Main Street)

4- Devour the hotel literature... I love reading all the information you get when you check into your Disney hotel.. they usually include a newsletter and maps and you can often discover some really cool details!

5- Ride a bus to the end of line... or monorail or boat! just sit and relax.. take in the sights and sounds!

6- Walking around the parks at night... taking in the sounds and sights.. doing some rides.. Disney is a whole new place at night!

7- Have a nice sit down meal in one of Disney's restaurants

8- Check out the Deluxe hotels... they're an attraction in themselves! Go to the boardwalk and take pictures in the photo booth or watch the monorail go by at the Contemporary

9- Use the photopass photographers.. okay, even if you don't plan on getting the photopass CD.. most (I've never run into a photographer who wouldnt) take photos with your camera so you'll get everyone in the shot.. and if something happens to your camera and you lose your pictures.. you can order the CD when you get back as a backup

10- Wander around... don't plan just get lost... see what new things you can discover!

that list is really awesome. Funny too. I will keep it handy and remember to stay with the list on our next trip.

Thanks for sharing.:)

3- Take pictures of random things!... I set our screensaver on our computer at home to a slideshow of my "My Pictures" folder... I love seeing the pics from my last trip of random things (like the Sunset Boulevard manholes and the names on the windows on Main Street)

I do this too. It makes me so happy to watch my screensaver and remember all the fun we had on our trips. 90% of the pictures are in Disney World. I also save funny or pretty pictures that I find and like online.

I'll add another to your list:
11. Tell your family how much you love them as you walk down Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter