• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

100 Extra Days on Yearly Pass

My, my, I had no idea what my simple (and innocent) question would stir up!
I totally agree with fklhou & raidermatt, and would also like to add that that FL
residents pay substantially less for their annual pass. I don't see ANY advantages
to being from out of state either.

But, I'm still counting down the days until our trip!

I sent an e-mail to Disney about this topic. A short polite note that said I would have enjoyed being included in the extra hundred days so that we could make an extra Christmas trip next year. Today I got a call from Disney. The man was very nice but said thay are trying to attract local visitors, and would not be offering the extra days to anyone else. He did say they like to hear from us about these issues. He did remind me that the renual rate is less that the buying the pass the first time.:D

Thanks for the update. I am not surprised at the response from Disney.

...do I dare tiptoe in, say I live in Central Florida, and that I have a seasonal pass???? ;)

I saw the extra 100 days deal, looked into it, and because I am way too cheap to buy an annual pass, I decided against it. I will say, as much as I love Disney, if they did away with the FL seasonal pass, then I would go about as much as any out-of-stater (in some instances less), and I live 40 min. away. We can't do the annual pass, so we would probably do the 1 park 1 day and stay one-two nights once a year and that would be it.

I don't know many people who have Disney passes, most look at Disney as a once a year have to get-through type of thing. They give the same arguments that everyone else hears: Disney's too expensive, too crowded, etc. The too expensive really rings because a lot of people who have lived here for any length of time can remember when it wasn't so expensive. Our family of four could stay in one of the Villas at the Village (now Disney Institute) for 5 days, and we were not overflowing in money by any stretch! I know we couldn't do it now!

I'm not attacking anyone, I just really hate this FL residents vs. everyone else sentiments. I've run into it on other topics and it really bugs me. Everyone everywhere gets deals and specials on everything (not just Disney) because of where they live, what ad they have, where they work, and just for being in the right place at the right time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter