11/14/09 - Special Western - 2 CC stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgroves

Mouseketeer
OK, I think is the official start of the November 14th, 2009 DIS Meet Thread.

Just off the 12-1-07 Magic, and we booked this cruise.

Woohooo! I'm trying really hard to get DH to agree to let me book this date too. I LOVE the fact that it will double dip at CC!! I'm hoping to book it within the next few weeks. He's sold on the idea, just not on tying up $1000 almost 2 years out. Kwim? My original plan had been to book it while we were on the Wonder next November, but I think I will go ahead and book now, then rebook if it's a better deal on the ship.

So since you just got off the Magic, what was the weather like at CC this time of year? Too chilly to swim?

Did you book directly through Disney or through a TA?

THe weather was awesome. It rained for about 1 hours right when we docked at CC, and then the sun came out and got into the 80's. Where was not much wind blowing, but it still felt great.

I went snorkling around 10:30am and hte water was chilly at first, but I got used to it and snorkled for almost an hour and a half before the battery in the camera died.

I rebooked while onboard, so I got the $200 OBC, and then because I rebooked before Dec 10th, Disney gave Castaway Club members an extra $50 OBC for booking an '09 cruise. The rebooking agent then asked us if we wanted to transfer our reservation back to AAA to process (we get to keep all the OBCs, as well as getting an additional $150 OBC from AAA. So, we'll have $400 OBC when we sail in '09.

Hi RGroves:

We were on the 12/1 cruise as well. We booked onboard and were never told about an extra $50 OBC. Was this for any category? I'm going to call and find out if I am eligible.

By the way, were you in stateroom 7070? We were in 7084 and I remember seeing green Mickey ears on our way to the room.

We are booked on this cruise - we also rebooked onboard our 11/10 Eastern cruise and then moved to this date when the 09 itineraries came out. I don't know how I am going to wait two years for this cruise! It is myself, my husband and our son (who will be 7 when we cruise).

Michele

Hi RGroves:

We were on the 12/1 cruise as well. We booked onboard and were never told about an extra $50 OBC. Was this for any category? I'm going to call and find out if I am eligible.

By the way, were you in stateroom 7070? We were in 7084 and I remember seeing green Mickey ears on our way to the room.

Actually we found out about the extra $50 in an email from Disney when we got home. I immediately called DCL Castaway Club and they verified it was already on my account. I'd try to call them and make sure. The special was if you booked a '09 cruise before December 10th, 2007... so if you rebooked while onboard you should get it.

Yes, we were in 7070. Someone STOLE our magnet with the cruise itenerary on it. I hope they like it with a large "Stateroom 7070" right in the middle of it. :rotfl:

We did 3 cruise in 3 years (all in December to mark our wedding anniversary), and on the 3rd one we decided we wanted to do more than just cruise every year and see more places and do other things. We booked a cruise 2 years out and we thought that it would never get here, but we're glad we did move it out.

Hooray....I found the thread for our 1st cruise! We can hardly wait...I hope these 2 years fly by! We're in the SPH rooms!:goodvibes

We are booked on this cruise also! :yay: My DS's will be 10 & 8 at the time of sailing and we are booked in a SPH room also!:yay:

I've been thinking about putting off our cruise that we currently have booked for Nov-08 and I just came across this double-dip to CC which I love the sound of!! But I can't get the rates for this cruise to pull up on the DCL website.:confused3 In the meantime I've got an inquiry in with DU since my currrent reservation is booked with them so hopefully I'll have an answer tomorrow.

Ok, I couldn't wait. I just called DCL and I was surprised to find the price is about the same as our 08 cruise so I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch my reservation as soon as I hear back from DU. I was also surprised to find all four of the secret verandah rooms are still available, when I noticed this cruise this morning I was certain those cabins would be gone by now but I was told none of them are booked yet (we have one booked for the 11/29/08 cruise).

DU officially switched my reservation today from the 11/29/08 western to the 11/14/09 double dip at CC...woohoo!! :banana: Except now we have to wait one more full year :sad1: but it will be worth it!!

This is my 3rd attempt for my first Disney Cruise. I am determined to go on this one. I will be going solo, have 2nd dining and a Cat 6 booked.
I look forward to getting to know fellow cruisers and Diser's

Just got off the 1/5-1/12 Eastern 7 nighter and the only way I was getting my wife off the boat was to rebook so we picked this one because we LOVED CC.

677 Days to go, I can't believe how excited I already am to get back on the Magic.

Just booked this for our first cruise! :banana: We're so excited. I don't know how we'll survive the 22 month wait! I've never had to anticipate a vacation for that long. We do have 2 Disney trips planned between now and then, so there is that to look forward to! There's so much to learn in the meantime, so I guess I'll be here asking lots of questions!

My girls will be 8 (almost 9) and 6 at cruise time. They can't wait. Glad to see that others are on the same trip. My DH wanted this cruise because of the two stops at Castaway Cay.

Mom w/ 2 princesses
princess: 7 princess: 4

We’re booked. We are DW, DS's 13 & 10, DD 8 (adjusted for 11/09) and me. This will be our third Western, first two were Jersey week Westerns. We couldn’t resist the double dip and booked early to get the same staterooms as our 11/07 Western. How quickly can 11/09 get here?

just booked this double dip for 11/09. Me, DW & DS who will 4 1/2 at time of sailing.
Considering it was 15 below zero this morning I had to do something to look forward to. Just 22 months to go!
Look forward to meeting fellow double dip cruisers

I was just on the Jan 26th Western and rebooked while we were onboard. I originally rebooked for May 2009 Western but when I got home I saw that it wouldn't work because my daughter will be graduating from High School and it will be crazy that month so I found this Nov 14th double dip and switched it. It will be myself, DH and DS's who will be 6 and 9 at the time that we sail.

Just booked today! Our first cruise was two weeks ago (January 27th 4-night Bahamas cruise). We weren't crazy about the cruising aspect, but getting a taste of two days at Castaway Cay, mixed with going to Grand Cayman, we couldn't resist!

Hi, We are double dipping also. It will be me, DH, & DD who will be turning 10 on this cruise! Can't wait. This is our 2nd Disney Cruise. Looking forward to chatting with everyone for the next 21 month...:scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter