11:45 Flight Debarkation Day

DisneyFanThi

Earning My Ears
I'm heading out on a 3 night cruise on the Dream Labor Day weekend. Southwest has a return flight at 11:45...would this be too early of a flight for Debarkation day?

You should be fine as long as you get off the ship in a timely manner. The main problem at the moment are the security lines at MCO. Maybe it will be fixed by the time of your cruise.

I do remember them mentioning that anyone who has an early flight to come down at a certain time and they make sure that they get to the airport first. It is pretty early but Disney is very good at getting people where they need to go.

Do the breakfast at Cabanas....6:30 am buffet. Express walk-off with your own bags. You should be off the ship and on your way to the airport by 7:45 a.m. Take a cab or arrange for private transportation.

You should be fine as long as you get off the ship in a timely manner. The main problem at the moment are the security lines at MCO. Maybe it will be fixed by the time of your cruise.

I've been going through MCO since like 1999. They have ALWAYS been a mess. This is not something new.

You should be fine as long as you disembark early. Although I would’nt encourage cutting it this close, we did make our 11:05 flight in March, even though there was a line at MCO security.

Thanks for the info everyone! I have TSA pre so hopefully security lines at mco aren't the issue.

Thanks for the info everyone! I have TSA pre so hopefully security lines at mco aren't the issue.
TSA Pre will get you in the express line but it will still be a long one. I don’t think you necessarily need to do Express walk-off or give up on using the DCL shuttle. They’ll get you there in time.

TSA Pre will get you in the express line but it will still be a long one. I don’t think you necessarily need to do Express walk-off or give up on using the DCL shuttle. They’ll get you there in time.

Yeah, I have PreCheck and for some reason (my guess is because it theoretically could be a huge selling point) a LOT of people seem to get it randomly out of MCO, so you STILL end up with clueless people in the line. In Feb there was a couple who had randomly gotten it and were CLUELESS about what to do - the kind of clueless that makes me want to ask them "And how exactly did you get down here???" because despite all their stuff from all the different theme parks, they have ZERO idea what to do at airport security. Held up the PreCheck line for a good 15 minutes.

Granted that was mild compared to the giant cluster the regular line was as per usual, but still. When you're expecting PreCheck to be a breeze, pretty annoying.

Yeah, I have PreCheck and for some reason (my guess is because it theoretically could be a huge selling point) a LOT of people seem to get it randomly out of MCO, so you STILL end up with clueless people in the line. In Feb there was a couple who had randomly gotten it and were CLUELESS about what to do - the kind of clueless that makes me want to ask them "And how exactly did you get down here???" because despite all their stuff from all the different theme parks, they have ZERO idea what to do at airport security. Held up the PreCheck line for a good 15 minutes.

Granted that was mild compared to the giant cluster the regular line was as per usual, but still. When you're expecting PreCheck to be a breeze, pretty annoying.

So true. We had a 10:40 am flight out of MCO after our Fantasy cruise a few weeks ago. Did express walk-off (we were the second family off the ship), we were in a private car before 8:00 am and made it to MCO by 8:45 am. We travel to MCO multiple times a year and I have NEVER seen MCO so crowded. The regular security line was through the mall and back near the food court. We have PreCheck and got into that short line, were next in line for TSA to check our ID and the two women ahead of us didn't even have their tickets . . . they were trying to pull them up on their phones (something you think they would have done before or even while standing in line). They finally found them and we went through and then there weren't even enough TSA agents to screen everyone going through our line. Honestly, the line still moved MUCH, MUCH quicker, obviously, than if we had stood in the regular line, but it was still annoying. I guess with PreCheck, I had the unreasonable expectation that it would be headache-free - lesson learned. Anyway! We DID get to our gate in plenty of time! OP - I would just plan on getting off the ship as early as possible. I, personally, would rather wait longer at the gate knowing I had made my flight, than feel stressed and rushed going through the luggage, customs and security process at the port and airport.

See my post just above yours. It helps...but it's no guarantee of getting through smoothly.

Sadly with TSA that is more of a guarantee. I actually had them swabbing a gun box (that I declared the gun in) for explosives. Im pretty sure gunpowder is considered an explosive....... makes no sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter