• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11:50 or 12:20 FLL after Miamai cruise?

Madani

Earning My Ears
I am looking at return flights from FLL after a cruise out of Port of Miami. The two options I'm considering are:

11:50 with a layover in Orlando, arrive home at 5:30 pm
12:20 with a layover in Tampa, arrive home at 6:30 pm

I would prefer the 11:50 flight as it gets us back sooner, with a shorter layover and it is $150 less expensive. But is it too early? The next option after these flights is 3:45 with an 8:45 arrival home (followed by a 2 hour drive from the airport to our house). I really don't like that option as we will be sitting for a long time, and it will be close to midnight when we get home - with work the next day.

WWYD?

Google maps shows about 45 mins from port to airport. Personally I would book the earlier and assume all was going to go as planned knowing I could be standby for the 12:20

But, that's me :3dglasses

I am flying out to Toronto. I had booked a flight out from Miami at 12:15 pm. I was worried about not being able to make it to FLL so I bit the bullet and decided to fly out from Miami instead. A month ago the flight was moved up to 12 noon. This worries me and I am glad at least MIA is just a 30-min ride away. Flight times may change. We will only have carry-ons and may even do Express Walk-off to be sure we can be at the airport early enough for our flight. I would definitely pick a flight with the latest time possible.

We have done the early walk off and made flights by 1045 at FLL several times. But we pack only carryons for our cruises and don't check bags at either end.

I agree with the PP if you do early walk off you will easily make it. We did a 12:20 flight from FLL and stayed for late breakfast and still made the flight with lots of time to spare.

I am flying out to Toronto. I had booked a flight out from Miami at 12:15 pm. I was worried about not being able to make it to FLL so I bit the bullet and decided to fly out from Miami instead. A month ago the flight was moved up to 12 noon. This worries me and I am glad at least MIA is just a 30-min ride away. Flight times may change. We will only have carry-ons and may even do Express Walk-off to be sure we can be at the airport early enough for our flight. I would definitely pick a flight with the latest time possible.
Since you’re not checking bags you should be ok once you’re at the airport.

I’ve read on CC before that there are unadvertised Global Entry lines so if you have NEXUS use that.

Since you’re not checking bags you should be ok once you’re at the airport.

I’ve read on CC before that there are unadvertised Global Entry lines so if you have NEXUS use that.

Thanks! I do have NEXUS. I will ask if I can go into that line. Last time I was not allowed to enter the line in San Francisco.

You will have plenty of time for either flight provided you are coming in on the weekend. I live in Miami and make the drive all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter