11 Ways to Feel Good Right Now

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
I saw this article on the Weight Watchers website and thought the information pertained to all of us who are trying to get healthy. (Except the POINTS and fruit and veggie part).

11 Ways to Feel Good Right Now

We all know that sensible weight loss should be a gradual process, but there's nothing wrong with wanting a bit of a boost in the meantime. We've come up with a selection of things you can do right this minute and over the coming week to jump-start those feel-good vibes.

Right now...

De-junk your wardrobe, chucking out anything shapeless, baggy and dowdy – anything that will remind you of the shape you don't want to be. Rifle through your underwear drawer and throw out all that graying, shapeless underwear and bras with the underwire popping out.

Go shopping. You don't have to completely splurge on a new wardrobe – choosing one t-shirt with a great cut that will emphasize your slimming figure will make you feel better instantly.

Alternatively, another on the spot pick-me-up tip is to buy some lovely lingerie. Something that makes you feel sexy and special, not necessarily just something you think your man might like, and start feeling good about yourself from the inside out.

Drink a glass of water and resolve that from this point you are going to drink at least 6-8 glasses a day. Think you'll find it hard? Sneak glasses in to the day – kick-start your morning with a mug of boiled water and a slice of lemon, keep a bottle next to you while you work and take sips from it throughout the day, have a glass of water before each and every meal (you might even feel less hungry too).

Tonight...

Take some time out for yourself. Whether it's insisting you sit down for fifteen minutes to read the latest Harry Potter, meditating, or having a soak in the bath with a good book – you need to chill, and others in your life need to start getting used to the idea too.

Do something active – ten minutes of sit-ups and push-ups, a trip to the pool at the Y with the kids, or a salsa lesson with friends. Commit to doing something that gets you moving.

All this week...

Make sure your plate has more vegetables and salad than anything else – it's healthy and fills you up without filling up your POINTS budget.

Commit to eating at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day – if you have a glass of orange juice at breakfast followed by a slice of toast and a kiwi fruit you're more than a third of the way there.

Pack healthy snacks such as raw peeled and washed carrots, grapes, or a banana – and avoid the lure of sweets and chips.

Build activity into your day – get off the bus or subway early and walk, park the car farther away, use stairs rather than elevator, go out for a walk or a swim on your lunch break.

Find yourself a buddy, whether it's someone on the message boards with whom you can swap tips and moans, or someone to run with. You'll feel less isolated; more motivated and might well make a good friend in the process.

And finally, just feel proud for deciding to lose weight and commit yourself to changing your life. It's a big step – and a huge reason why you should be feeling on top of the world!

Thanks Tiggerlover,

That is very inspiring. Losing weight has so many more aspects than just the math (use more calories than you take in.) I'm learning a lot about myself and why I eat. Ideas like your post really help.

~~g.

thanks for sharing ! What a nice inspiration on a cold Wednesday morning ! Happy Hump-Day everyone.

Mary Liz

Thanks for posting this tiggerlover. It is just what I need! ::yes:: It was my DD's 10th birthday yesterday and the leftover birthday cake is calling my name and I'm working really hard to resist the temptation. Usually when I have a craving for something I just figure out the calories and include it in my calorie count for the day. However this cake is so rich, it has to have a gazillion calories in just a small piece, so I don't want to waste a bunch of calories on a little bit of cake!! :confused: So I'm just going to go a get another glass of water :tongue:

Thanks for posting, I love to read articles like that because they really make you stop and think about yourself for a minute.::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter