11 year old at CRT

MomtothreeEs

I spend way too much time searching for ADRs...
I showed the menu to my 11 year old today, and he was disappointed with the adult choices... especially the appetizers. Are they flexible with meal options? Will they let him order off the kid's menu? Even if they charge us the adult amount, can they just serve him an adult portion of the kid's food?

Thanks!

Ask your server. We were able to do it a few years ago, probably hasn't changed but a never know. My kid was 9 at the time so we paid kids price but a hearty eater and they brought out a double portion of the nuggets for us.

I can't specifically speak to CRT, but I can Be Our Guest. It's wasn't an issue at any restaurant we went to. Our 12 year old daughter was deemed an "adult" but everywhere we went she scowled at the adult menu. She's 12! She still wants cheese pizza, chees burgers and chicken nuggets... and she doesn't need adult portions either! BOG had it all, not on menu. They even gave both my kids really good fries and those weren't on the menu either. For my daughter they basically brought out a double portion of what her younger brother picked. She's still a little thing, so even that was nuts.

I’m sure you will be fine. We just dined there on 12/30. We have a 9 and 7 yo but our 9 year old has food allergies and is picky. They were fine to let him eat fries, fruit and vegetables. They seemed very accommodating.

I find most of the cast members are very accommodating and will allow you to order off the kid's menu. My teenage son eats off the adult menu, but I do not need all that food, so I opt for smaller portions. I can only recall once that I was told no, but the cast member happily allowed my food selection. He just placed an order for an "adult" size of the kid's meal.

Anyone can order off the kids menu. I’m 48 and do it regularly. 2 reasons. Sometimes it’s a better choice than the adult menu for my liking. And also. It’s cheaper.
And there is almost always stuff you can order that’s not on the menu. So just ask.

Anyone can order off the kids menu. I’m 48 and do it regularly. 2 reasons. Sometimes it’s a better choice than the adult menu for my liking. And also. It’s cheaper.
And there is almost always stuff you can order that’s not on the menu. So just ask.
CRT is not priced that way.

Adults pay an adult price - even if they eat nothing.

But yes, 'just asking' is likely to work for the OP.

Yes. My DD10 (at the time) did it this year. They gave her the kids appetizer. She ordered the adult steak with nothing on it and asked for one of the sides from the kids menu. We did something similar at Storybook Dining. They were willing to accommodate in both places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter