12/16-12/24 dining reviews

LoveMyBoys

DIS Veteran
I always love reading dining reviews, so it just makes sense that I post mine.
We were at the world 12/16-12/24 and stayed at Dolphin, so we were not on the dining plan, and paid for everything OOP.
The cast, Me, DH, DS5 and DS3.

Saturday, 12/16 - We arrived at the Dolphin around 3pm and were all hungry. We had an ADR at Coral Reef for 7:40pm that night, so we figured we should grab something light. DS5 got a certificate for a free ice cream at The Fountain when we checked in, so that is where he wanted to go. So, down to The Fountain we go.
20061216026.jpg

The kids menu here was really cute, and I thought was a good idea, and my boys liked it. It was a kids view finder and they would have to turn the reel to see different menu items.
20061223042.jpg

DS5 decided that he would like a hot dog and a sprite, while DS3 wanted Mac & Cheese and apple juice.
20061216027.jpg

DS5 liked his hot dog, and I liked the fact that it came with fresh strawberries. DS5 ate them and said they were good. The hot dog came with potato chips, but DS5 chose to have French fries instead. They didn't seem to be too greasy, so all was good.
20061216028.jpg

DS3 didn't really care for the fries, so they brought out the chips for him. He didn't eat those, nor did he eat the strawberries, which is a shame, but he doesn't like berries. He seemed to like the Mac & Cheese.
Dh went for the Build your own Burger and wanted American cheese, mushrooms and bacon on it with French fries. His burger was good, however they forgot to put the bacon on it, and Dh didn't want to say anything to the waitress, so he just ate it without the bacon. I think he just had a coke to drink.
20061216029.jpg

I decided to get the Build your own Hot Dog with cheddar cheese and sauteed onions. Mine came with potato chips. The hot dog was huge and I couldn't finish all of it, it was good, but my favorite part were the onions, they were done just right and not overcooked. I think I just had a glass of water to drink.
20061216030.jpg

At this point DS5 started telling our waitress how he had this coupon for a free ice cream, and of course DS3 wanted one as well. So we told her to that we will get two ice creams, and will just pay for one. They both chose vanilla in a waffle cone. It was huge, but tasted really good.
20061216033.jpg

At this point DS3 was so tired, that I though he might fall asleep at the table, so I decided to take him upstairs for a nap, and would meet DH and DS5 later, to get to our Coral Reef dinner (although we were so stuffed, that I didn't know how any of us would be able to eat in just a couple of hours).
Overall, we liked our meal at The Fountain, it was nothing extraordinary, but it was a good meal, that didn't feel rushed (the restaurant was almost empty), and I got 20% discount by showing them my AAA card.

At around 7pm, DS3 was still sleeping, I didn't have the heart to wake him up, and none of us were really hungry, so I called Disney Dining and canceled our Coral Reef reservation.

Still to come, breakfast at Donald's, lunch at Picabu, and we change our plans for dinner again .....

Day 2, Sunday, 11/17 - Today was our Animal Kingdom day, and I made early breakfast ressies, in order to get into the park before opening. Our ADR was for 8:20am, and Dh wasn't too happy with me waking everyone up early and getting to the bus stop by about 7:30am. We got to AK a little after 8am and were asked for our name by someone from Donald's to make sure we had an ADR to get into the park (this was not the case at MK a couple of days later). The park was completely empty and it was really cool. We walked over to Donald's Breakfastosaurus and there was a sea of people there waiting to be seated. I walked over gave my name and was told that they would call us shortly and in the meantime we could have our family picture taken. As I was explaining this all to DH and trying to figure out if we wanted to have our picture taken (last year we ended up buying too many picture packages, as DH thinks that if they took the picture, we have to buy it:confused3 ), they call our name, and off we go to be seated.

We had a great server, whose name escapes me at the moment (I'll have to look at my receipt to see who it was), but he was really nice and funny and very attentive. He took our drink orders, and explained how the buffet worked and told us that we could go and get the food because we had some time until the characters come out. I think I had orange juice, Dh got a coke, and the kids had milk. Now, I find buffets with kids challenging, and prefer not to do them, except for an occasional character breakfast. The way it works in our family is Dh stays behind with the kids at the table, while I go and get the kids their food, then I stay with the kids while Dh gets his food (or I get him something), and then finally I go and get myself something. So, off I go...

The lines for the hot items were a little confusing at first, but it wasn't too bad, and they were moving pretty quickly. There was plenty of food, your standard breakfast fare, scrambled eggs, potato hash casseroles, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, breakfast pizza. They also had a cold station, with fresh fruit, danishes, yogurt, and alike. I didn't see any krispy kreme doughnuts, because I was looking for them, but maybe I just missed them.

I got 2 identical plates of food for the boys, the problem was that when I came back and Dh went to get his food he took the camera with him and the boys weren't waiting for me to take a picture before they started eating, so by the time I took a picture some of their food was half eaten.
20061217007.jpg

They both liked the breakfast pizza, DS5 liked the pancake and french toast, while DS3 liked the eggs and the pancake, neither of them liked the potatoes.:confused3 I also went up and got DS5 some grapes later.

Now this was Dh's plate,
20061217006.jpg

it was basically the same food as above only he also got the bacon and sausage, and his pancakes were chocolate chip ones. I think he liked his breakfast.

And this was my plate,
20061217008.jpg

my potatoes had some onions, peppers and cheese in them and they were pretty good, and that cheese danish, was good, but a little dry around the edges.

Overall, the food was pretty good, and we were stuffed. Now before making this ADR I read a lot about the characters being rushed at this meal, but that didn't really bother me, because my kids usually just want an autograph and a picture with the character. But I have to say that this was pretty bad even for us, there was absolutely no character interaction at this meal. The characters just came to the table took the pen, signed the book and quick pose for the picture. There was not even an attempt at trying to get the child interested in them, it was very rushed, however we were still in a good mood and ready to leave just as the park was opening at 9am.

Now the plan was to stay at AK, eat lunch at a counter service, watch the parade, and then head back to the hotel. However, it was really hot, and the park was packed, the kids were dragging along, and DH was not a happy camper, so around 1pm, when we were trying to decide where to go for lunch, we decided that we were done for the day, and we would go back to Dolphin and eat lunch at Picabu.

But somewhere between breakfast and going back to the hotel for lunch, in my attempt to cheer up my kids, I bought 2 of these.
20061217036.jpg

2 frozen lemonades, and they were great. They are pretty big, so we split them between the four of us, and since Dh can't handle too much citrus, it was more for me and the kids. I really enjoyed them (yes I got to drink from both, since neither son could finish it), and even brought home the straws as souvenirs.

Now on to Picabu, unlike AK, Picabu was almost empty, there were may be 2 other families there.

The boys decided to get a hot dog and fries meal, one for each of them. Now I don't know if these are the same hot dogs as DS5 had at The Fountain the night before, but they both liked them, and were happy. As you can see the hot dog came with an apple sauce, which nobody wanted at the time, so we took it with us, and DS5 ate one of them at some point later.
20061217042.jpg

I decided to have a tuna sandwich, which was just ok, nothing special.
20061217041.jpg

Dh got another burger with mushrooms and bacon and we ate our lunch.
20061217043.jpg

We really liked Picabu, you order your food, they give you a receipt and one of those numbers you put on your table. Then you go and pay for everything, and sit down and wait for your food. When your food is ready they bring it out to you. The CM's also clean up after you are done eating. At first I wanted to clean all our trash, but was told that they take care of it. So every time we ate there, we left a tip on the table, but I didn't see anyone else leaving a tip, so I don't know. But it just felt like the right thing to do, since we didn't have to clean up our table.

We had ADRs for Spoodles for dinner at 6:40pm, so the plan was to go to the Boardwalk to walk around and then go to Spoodles for dinner. So we are walking around the Boardwalk, and Dh says that he is not feeling that great:sick: , and he doesn't think he'll be able to eat dinner. He thinks that we could still go, but he just won't order anything. Now I can't enjoy myself when I know that he is not feeling well, so we decide to cancel the ADR:sad1:. Since we now have no plans, and the kids are getting hungry, what is one to do. Well, we got 3 cheese pizza slices from the Spoodles take out window and sat outside and ate them (the kids and I ate, Dh just kept us company). The pizza looked really good, and it tasted pretty good too, the only problem we had with it, was that the cheese was very stringy and it was difficult to eat (sorry no pictures).

After reading all the reviews, I really wanted to go inside BWI Bakery, so we wondered over there for dessert. I think I expected it to be bigger with a bigger selection by looking at all the pictures, but non the less, we were there and needed to pick something. We decided to take dessert to go and eat back in our room.

I picked a tiramisu, and it was really good. I had half that night, and finished it a couple of days later.
20061217046.jpg

and the boys each got a doughnut, I think these were Krispy Kreme, because DS3 had a couple of the same ones later on from Picabu and those were Krispy Kream ones.
20061217047.jpg

This was it for Sunday,
still to come on Monday Coral Reef and Rose and Crown.......

Great reviews and pictures, I'm looking forward to the rest. :cutie:

Day 3, Monday, 12/18 - Alright, today we are going to Epcot, and have lunch and dinner ADRs, so for breakfast we could either just grab something in the room or head down to Picabu. Dh is not the kind to grab and eat, so we off to Picabu it is....

DS5 wants cereal, so he gets a packet of Frosted Flakes and a little carton of milk. So far, so good (no pictures of milk). Dh wants a sausage, egg, and cheese on a roll. For some reason, this caused some confusion, because it took about a minute of Dh and CM going back and forth, trying to figure out what kind of "rare delicacy":rotfl2: Dh really wanted. After the CM finally understood it, all was well. And it actually came out really nicely served with home-style potatoes.
20061218004.jpg

I decide on a bacon and cheese omelet. The CM asks if I would like toast, sure (I don't know why I said that, because I never got around to even tasting a piece of it, but it sure made the presentation nice).
20061218001.jpg

Now, the omelet was good, it had a little too much bacon for me, and the eggs weren't as fluffy and light as in some omelets, but overall it was pretty good.

Now, DS3 wants waffles. Ok, they only have the adult ones, but who am I to deny DS3 the breakfast he really wants. So we get him an order of waffles.
20061218002.jpg

Look good, right? Well, they tasted pretty good too. However, ds3 decides that he doesn't really want waffles after all, and would rather just be cranky and sit on dh's lap, making it difficult for dh to eat his breakfast. After much pleading to try to get ds3 to take a couple of bites of his waffle, I give up and offer him a doughnut. Surprisingly:rotfl: , he agrees. I go up and get him the same kind he had the night before with the sprinkles. (Bad mommy, I know). Ds5 sees the doughnut, and asks for one too. No, I didn't get him one too, but I did promise him to get him something in the park for a snack.

When we went to the World last year, we had dinner at LeCellier and really loved it, so this time around I tried to make ADRs there for dinner, but was unsuccessful. This was a last minute trip and there was absolutely nothing available for dinner on any of the days we would be at Epcot. So I settled for the next best thing, lunch at LeCellier. Dh kept telling me how this was a good thing because we would get to try new places for dinner. One of those places was supposed to be Coral Reef on our arrival night. I even hyped it up by talking about how cool it would be to eat next to the aquarium (only to be disappointed later when we had to cancel it on Saturday).

So, now it was around noon and we had our ADR at LeCellier for 12:40pm, and we are standing just outside the Seas and looking at each other. What if we could get into Coral Reef for lunch instead of LeCellier? Well, there is only one way to find out, I call Disney Dining.

Me: Do you have anything available for lunch at Coral Reef for a party of four?
CM: Are you there now?
Me: Yes.
CM: Well, I have a 1 o'clock.
Me: Great, we'll take it, oh and I have a lunch at LeCellier to cancel.

We showed up about 15 minutes early, I asked if it would be possible to get a table next to the tank. We waited a couple of minutes, and then we were taken to our table. We were next to the tank, but we were also the last table, or was it the first table in the row. In any case we were glad we were inside out of the heat and were ready for lunch.

I decided to start out with a mixed drink,
20061218015.jpg

I think the name of this was Octopus Juice (I am not 100% sure), I think it was Pina Colada with something else in it, but whatever the name was it was very good. I really loved it.

Next our waiter brought out our bread, and it was very good, everyone really liked it.
20061218014.jpg

For an appetizer, Dh wanted to try Braised Barbecued Beef with Polenta and raved about it. At first I wasn't sure if he would like the polenta, since he doesn't usually eat it, but he said it was very good.
20061218016.jpg

I decided to get the Creamy Lobster Soup. It was very good, but a lobster soup is a little out of my comfort zone, and even though I liked it, I don't know if I would order it again.
20061218017.jpg

Now, before we left for WDW, I read a lot about the new kids menus, and wasn't sure what to expect. My kids don't usually order an appetizer, so I didn't know how this was going to work. The menu at Coral Reef was the standard one they now have throughout the restaurants in WDW. I asked our waiter if we had to order the appetizer and he told me that we could order any way we wanted. So we did, and DS5 got a cheese pizza, while Ds3 ordered Mac & Cheese.
20061218020.jpg

20061218023.jpg

I couldn't decide between the catfish or the mahi mahi, but decided to go with Mahi Mahi, and was very glad I did. It was very tender with a sweet glaze over it, and the Israeli cousecouse was different, but in a good way. Overall, I was very pleased with my choice.
20061218021.jpg

Dh ordered the grilled chicken breast with potatoes and caramelized leeks, he said that he liked it. But I don't think he was wowed by it. Or may be he was just full after the appetizer.
20061218022.jpg

Now, one of the reasons I wanted to try Coral Reef was because I had read so much about the Chocolate Wave, and even though I was stuffed, I couldn't leave without trying it. So we all decided to order dessert. The boys both got the build your own sundae, that came with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, m&m type candies, and sprinkles. The boys liked the process of making them
20061218024.jpg

Dh ordered the butterscotch creme brulee and said that it was good
20061218025.jpg

and I of course got the Chocolate Wave
20061218027.jpg

I liked it, it was a bit dry around the edges, but really good in the middle, I mostly just ate the inside and left the outside. I thought this was good, but I guess I expected more, because of all the reviews I read here.

Now there were two other things that happened while we were dining. First, we had a nice view because we were right next to the tank, and at one point the sea turtle decided to take her nap right next to us, and proceeded to sleep like this for about 20 minutes. The kids thought it was really cool.
20061218019.jpg

The other wonderful thing that happened to us was a family that was sitting at a table next to us. It was a family of four, mom, dad, a little girl, and toddler boy. They were very nice, all dressed in red MVMCP t-shirts, and the mom and I made eye contact a couple of times. Her son fell asleep in her arms, and I gave her an understanding smile, and she just nodded and smiled. As they were getting ready to leave, all of a sudden the mom came up to us with a pin in her hand and said, that earlier her family was given 2 "where dreams come true" pins by a CM because the CM thought that they were a great family. One pin was for them to keep, and the other they should give to a family that they observe to be great. She said that she thought we were a lovely family and wanted us to have the other pin. I think I was just speechless, we thanked her but I couldn't really think of anything else to say at the time.

I don't know if the mom is a Diser, but if by chance you are, and are reading this, I wanted to thank you again and to tell you how great you made me feel, not because you gave us the pin, but because you recognized my family. And that you have a beautiful family, and I thought that all throughout lunch (even before you gave us the pin ;) ).

We all really liked Coral Reef, both for the ambiance and the food. Our server was also attentive, although he seemed to be pretty busy. We would definitely return here. As far as the kids meals, we weren't charged the $7.49 or whatever that combo price was on the menu. We were charged less, I guess because we didn't order the appetizers. If anyone is interested, I can go find my receipts to give you a more specific answer. Alright, I just checked and we were charged $3.99 for each kids meal, and $1.99 for each ice cream.

Now for dinner we had an 8pm ADR at Rose and Crown, and I was hoping for a table outside, so we could see Illuminations at 9:30. We checked in about 10 minutes early for our ADR and I asked the CM at the podium, if it was possible to get a table outside and that we were willing to wait. The CM wasn't that friendly and told me that we would be seated in the order that we checked in and there was a 50/50 chance of us getting a table outside. Now, I don't have a problem with anything he said, but I wish he was a little nicer about it. We sat on the bench outside waiting for our pager to go beep, and after about 15 minutes it did. We were led out to the patio, and I held my breath as we were passing by a number of empty tables. Finally we came to a stop, and our table was definitely outside, however it had an obstructed view (it had an awning on top), so we wouldn't really see any of the higher fireworks. That's ok, we'll take what we can get. Our server came out, told us about the menu, and said that he will try to go really slow, so that we would be there for Illuminations, and that we could walk over to the other part of the patio to watch Illuminations from there for a better view. It sounded great, however I didn't realize that when he said that he would take it slow, that would mean that he would just disappear for long periods at a time, and we would end up being there way past the end of Illuminations.

Ok, on with the food, I decided that I wanted to try the Glow-tini. We saw this drink on the menu in almost every restaurant we went to, it was the million dreams drink or something like that. Now I am not sure what was in it, but it was very good. And I really enjoyed it, after I took out the glowing ice cube, because it was set to that flickering thing, and with it being on, I couldn't even bring the drink up to my face because it was blinding me. Anyway, here is what it looked like.
20061218040.jpg

Dh and I decided to order the potato and leek soup for an appetizer, and I have to say this was one of the best potato soups we've ever had. It was great.
20061218042.jpg

We also got bread brought to our table, and the bread was pretty good as well.
20061218043.jpg

The boys both wanted the pizza, big surprise here, so we ordered that. However, when our soups came out, the kids both got an appetizer of carrots and celery with ranch dressing. We didn't order these, but since our server was missing again, decided to keep these. Ds3 would not touch his appetizer, however Ds5 did eat the carrots.
20061218041.jpg

For the entree, I decided to go with Chicken Pasty. It tasted like pot pie, but not a very good one, and the mashed potatoes that it came with were missing salt big time. The green beans were the star on this plate. Needless to say I didn't really like my meal.
20061218044.jpg

Dh doesn't really like fish, so it is very rare that he would eat it. Our server told us that the fish and chips is his favorite and that it is made just the way they make in Glasgow. I'm sure you can tell where I'm going with this, yes dh decides that he wants the fish and chips.
20061218045.jpg

Well, I think the fish part of this meal was barely eaten. Dh tasted it, and I tasted it, and neither of us really liked it.

Ds3 fell asleep just before Illuminations were about to start, so I really wanted to just pay for our meal, and get out of there. However, our server disappeared and wasn't back with our check until about 10 minutes after Illuminations ended. And then it took some more time for him to ring up our credit card. Also, at one point DS5 had to use the restroom, so I took him inside, and I couldn't believe the smell, it smelled like sweaty feet in there. I was so glad we were sitting outside, because I don't think I could eat dinner with a smell like that around me:eek:. Except for the potato soup, there was nothing about this meal that we enjoyed.

Next up, Pecos Bills, Ohana, and more.......

Day 4, Tuesday, 12/19 - This was our MK day, and I don't think that I have any pictures from it, so for those that just like to look at pictures, you might want to skip this. If not, read on....

I wanted to get to the park before opening, so I told everyone that I would run down to Picabu and get us breakfast, and we'll all eat in the room. Easy enough. Ds5 wanted a doughnut, since I never got him one the day before like I promised. So, it was 2 doughnuts for the boys (the ones with the sprinkles). Dh had a cinnamon bun, which I really regret not taking a picture of, because not only did it look really good (it was huge), it also tasted great (I tried one later at some point). And I decided to go with a croissant, which for some reason when I bought it, I though it was chocolate, but it turned out to be a plain one. It still tasted pretty good. Everyone was happy with their breakfast (who wouldn't be with a breakfast full of sugar), and off we went.

Now originally we had a late breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's at 11:10am, but we decided to cancel it because that would just take too much time out of the park. So when it came time for lunch, I decided that it would be a good idea to try Pecos Bills, and guess what, it was a good idea. They had a limited kids menu, so the boys shared a burger and fries. Now, Ds5 doesn't eat cheese on his burger, and Ds3 loves cheese, so I asked them if we could have the cheese on the side, and that was no problem. I also got a cheeseburger and Dh had a BBQ pork sandwich. We all got the fries not the carrots, as tempting as those carrots were;) . I really liked the fixin's bar. I have to say that I thought that the fixin's bar was very clean for the amount of people that go through there. I had the caramelized onions, mushrooms, lettuce and tomato on mine and everything was very good. Dh said that his sandwich was good as well, it came with baked beans, and those were good too (I know because I ate them). It was really busy in there, but we were still able to find a table and had a pretty decent lunch.

For dinner we had an 8:25pm ADR at Ohana, and this is late for us, but that was the only time we could get, and it was Dh's favorite meal last year, so we decided to take our chances and go. We arrived around 8 hoping that we could be seated earlier. I went to check us in, and asked the CM if it would be possible to have a table by the window. I told him that we would be willing to wait for one (I don't know what possessed me to say that, but I did). The CM was very nice (much nicer than the one checking us in at Rose and Crown), he asked me if we wanted to watch the fireworks, and I replied that we did. He said that although he couldn't guarantee it, he would make a notation in the system. I thanked him, got our pager and went to wait. We were seated about 8:30, so it wasn't much later than our ADR time. We didn't get a window table, but we got one just next to it with a perfect view of the castle:wizard: . This was our favorite meal last year, and although it wasn't bad this year, the food quality wasn't the same. The kids weren't interested in eating any of the Ohana food, so Ds5 got a hot dog, and Ds3 had Mac & Cheese. The hot dog was fine, however Ds3 wouldn't eat the Mac & Cheese, I finally decided to try them, and they were so overcooked and mushy, that I can't blame DS3 for not eating them. We had the wonton chips, and these were good. The salad and the shrimp were great, however we didn't care for the chicken wings, they were very fatty, and not as good as last year. Dh liked the scalloped potatoes, I thought they were just ok, as were the vegetables. None of the meats were good, and we also got them about an hour after we were seated, and by this time we were done with almost everything else on the table. Our server also realized that Ds3 didn't eat his Mac & Cheese, and offered to get him something else. He picked a hot dog. However, all could be forgiven once we got the bread pudding. Last year this was my favorite dessert and this year I loved it as well. Last year our food was great, but we felt rushed by our server. This year the food was not as good, and we had very slow service. But on a good note we got to see the Electric Water Pageant and Wishes. We would still return to Ohana, because it might have just been an off night, but I don't think we would try to change our plans to make it fit, the way we did this trip.

Still to come, Earl of Sandwich and Kona Cafe (this one I have pictures)......

Day 5, Wednesday, 12/20 - Today was our day off, we decided to just go to Downtown Disney and just relax.

For breakfast, I went downstairs to Picabu and got ds5 cereal with milk, and ds3 a cheese omelet, and dh and I had some cereal bars that we had.

For lunch we decided to try Earl of Sandwich, it was very busy in there, and it probably took me about 30minutes to order our food and finally get it. The kids wanted to have pizza that was on the menu. What we didn't realize (because it was our first time there) was that it wasn't a pizza, but more of sandwich with cheese and tomato sauce. I know all the same ingredients, so I shouldn't complain, but I just wish I knew ahead of time. The kids were surprised to see pizza looking like a sandwich, but seemed to like the taste of them. So those were good. Dh had Earl's Club and seemed to like it. I decided to try the Florentine, and really liked it. I thought that the sandwiches were pretty good here, not exceptional, but good. However, I though that the place was just too chaotic for my liking, and it just took too long to get our food for counter service.

Later on as we were walking around we stopped at the margarita stand, and got one pina colada and one strawberry margarita, both of these were really great, especially on a hot day.

For dinner we had a 6:05pm ADR at Kona Cafe, we were running late, so I tried calling Disney Dining to try to get in a little later, but they didn't have anything available till after 8. So, we decided to take our chances and just show up late for our ADR. By the time we got there it was 6:40 and we went to check in. Right in front of us was a woman making a scene, because they didn't have any available tables for them. The hostess told her that there would be about 45 minute wait, and the woman just flipped out, saying how it was ridiculous that they couldn't get into any of the hotel's restaurants even though they were staying there, and anyone who was a hotel guest there, should be able to just walk into any of the hotel's restaurants. It wasn't pretty. I felt a little bad for her, as I assume they had just arrived and needed a place to eat, I just wished she wasn't so loud. After she finally stormed of, I went up to to check in and we were seated in about 10 minutes. We got a booth at the end, which was very nice, and we had a very nice and attentive server.
For starters I convinced Dh to try the Lapu Lapu (partly because I really wanted to try it), we both thought it was pretty good. I read some people saying how there wasn't much to drink inside the pineapple and that it was mostly ice, but we thought that even though there was plenty of ice in the drink, it didn't take over. Overall, very nice.
20061220026.jpg

I tried the Island Sunset and really liked my drink as well.
20061220027.jpg

Our server brought out our bread, and it was very good, instead of butter, we had olive oil with parmesan cheese to dip the bread in.
20061220028.jpg

The boys both wanted a hot dog, and they ate it with no complaints.
20061220031.jpg

Dh wanted to try the pot stickers, so we got that to share, there were four of them on the plate, so we could easily share. I am not a big fan of duck, but I have to say that these were absolutely amazing. I could not believe how tender and good these were, and the sauce on top was just outstanding. Dh and I both agreed that these were great.
20061220029.jpg

Now for entree I decided to get the coconut almond chicken that came with a salad with honey-line dressing. I absolutely love this dressing, so was very happy with it. The chicken was pretty good as well, it was tender and not dried out, I think I expected it to have a little more kick to it, but it was still pretty good.
20061220032.jpg

Dh wasn't sure of what to get, so I recommended he order the Beef Teriyaki. In retrospect, my suggestion was not such a great idea. Although the flavor of the teriyaki sauce was great, the meat was very fatty and rubbery. I guess it just was a bad piece of steak. Dh ate part of it, but I don't think he could finish it.
20061220033.jpg

The boys were getting the build your own ice cream, again, and this time they had the mickey sprinkles
20061220034.jpg

so, dh and I decided to split a dessert and settled on an Apple Brown Betty. We usually love this type of a dessert, and order something like this pretty regularly, however this wasn't that good. The apple and the cinnamon crumble was very dried out. It tasted like it's been sitting under those heating lamps for a very long time.

20061220035.jpg

This meal was good, but it didn't turn into one of those must dos for us, like I thought it would based on all the rave reviews. I'm glad we tried it though.

Next up: Sci-Fi and what should we do for dinner, a pleasant surprise.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter