12/26 - 1/4 The good, the bad, but mostly good :)

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
Just got back today from a 8 night stay at RIV.
12/26 we arrive at Riviera at 3:55. Pull up and a bellhop was right there to unload our bags. He took the cart in and I went and parked while my family waited. I came in and went to the desk because we haven't received our room ready text yet. The CM was great. She found us a room immediately. We had reservations for dinner in EPCOT and my youngest was anxious to ride Figment so we headed up to the room to wait for our bags. I went to the safe to put my keys and cash in it and the door was all jacked up. When Bell Services arrived I had him look at it and he shook his head and got on the phone. Maintenance would be a while so I just asked if I could put my cash in the lobby safe and he gave me the 1 second finger and a smile. He said grab your stuff and follow me. He took us further down and up a few floors and had us scan our bands to our 1 bedroom villa! We had booked a studio so this was a great upgrade. Needless to say, we will book the 1 bedroom from now on. It made the stay so much nicer. So, off to EPCOT we go. Skyliner is so quick and easy. We temp check, scan through and we get a Welcome Home from the CM. I asked how she new I was DVC, she said the ring turned purple. I had no idea lol. So here we go. People everywhere! It was crazy crowded but manageable. We did Figment with about a 15 minute wait, did SE about the same. Headed to dinner then back to the resort. Did I say it was cold? Holy crap cold! Good thing we were dressed for it but froze anyway.

12/27 We had a 10:00am breakfast booked at Topolino's Terrace. It was fantastic! After breakfast we headed to the bus which only took a few minutes to arrive. We arrive at MK and temp scan was fast, security a breeze, ticked line was short. It was 9:40am. Inside was a different story, It was wall to wall people and impossible to social distance. We walked towards Tomorrowland and Buzz was down the bridge, SM was all over the place, PM still closed, Speedway 45 minute wait so we headed to Dumbo. Posted 35 minutes, took 20. Then headed to Pooh. I timed it for Touring plans and posted 45 minutes, took 35. 7DMT was posted 80, TP had it at 60. The line was all the way around to Gastons. We rode Little Mermaid, maybe 30 minute wait if that. We headed to PP and it was just too long a wait. 85 min. SW was over an hour. We did Philharmonic and by then we were getting close to our 3:30 lunch/dinner at the castle so we did Teacups with a 30 min wait before we checked in for our reservation. We ended up being seated at 4:15 and left the castle around 6:00. The hub was slammed packed so we left.
135189350_10219049063076716_1762960848951002273_o.jpg

12/28 HS day so I woke up early and did NOT get a boarding group for RotR. I was pissed! I know how to do it and have done it at least 10 times but not this time :( so we got ready and took our time since we didn't have any early plans. We arrived at 10:40 and went straight to our reservation at 50's at 11:00. Food and service was awesome. It's one of our favorite places to eat. After we ate we waited for MMRR about an hour. Good news is I secured a backup boarding group for RotR while in line. We Did TSMM, AS2 then headed to SW:GE. Line for SM was crazy so we went to ST to kill time. We finally got called for our group at 4:45. The line was so long, we didn't get to the shuttle till 5:58. We finished the ride and headed to Baseline Tap House and were able to get the only table inside. We had a few beers while the kids split a strawberry lemonade while we waited for our Sci-Fi reservation. When we were seated in our car, there was a dirty napkin in the seat and food smeared on the car which got all over my daughter. I got us all up and a CM (the manager I think) came over and asked whats wrong. I showed her and she said OMG! and immediatly moved us. Food was great!
134467292_10219049087317322_6543534625971777054_o.jpg

12/29 AK day. We arrived at AK around 11:00. The girls were hungry so we went to Rain Forrest Cafe and flashed my Landry's card. We were seated immediately. No complaints here. After we ate we headed to FOP. Line was all the way to Lion King. I was shocked! but hey, what to do, walk around and complain? No was jose. We waited. It took about 75 minutes to ride. Good news is we got to see a few water cavalcades while we waited!
134625362_10219049100517652_7074436544379525802_o.jpg

After we rode FOP we headed to Bug, 45 min actual wait. We then rode Triceratop Spin, Me and DD9 rode EE then we headed to Yak and Yeti and again, flashed our Landry's card and were seated within 5 minutes. Food was excellent! After dinner we left. It was still crowded.
134934978_10219049107477826_7713690506679672169_o.jpg

12/30 EPCOT day. We started early this time. We had a res at Trattoria al Forno. It was our first time there and it was probably one of the best breakfast we ever had!
My baby girl is a hot mess but those pancakes we so good!
134687328_10219049239601129_5387824739962637701_o.jpg

So off to EPCOT we go. Just as we get to the Skyliner, my little one says she wants to go back to the resort. We don't pressure our kids so my wife went back with her and me and DD9 headed in. We head to Test Track 120 minute wait! forget it lol. People are everywhere! I felt I couldn't get away from anyone no matter where I was. We decided to watch the Pixar shorts then rode Figment and headed back to the resort. We sat at the table and played Disney UNO for a few hours and just relaxed. We came back to Epcot at 5:00 for our dinner at Le Cellier and after we ate rode Nemo, Figment and called it a day.

12/31. Disney Springs EARLY and lunch at City Works. OMG! This place is so good! I tried 12 different beers that we all new to me except one. Out of all, I only disliked one of the new ones. It was called Swamp Ape and tasted like a Swamp lol.
134557478_10219049237841085_7728474567270256521_o.jpg

After dinner and a little shopping we headed back for some pool time.
134928890_10219049231640930_7797258014197145320_o.jpg

1/1 HS day. Second attempt at a 7:00 boarding group for RotR and I did all the right things. Up at 6:30, cleared all my web data from phone, turned it off and restarted it, turned off WiFi out on balcony, full signal, and Nope! didn't get it. So we got ready, headed to HS, Did the dance party, waited in the posted 55 minutes for MMRR but only took 35ish. Ate at Mama Melrose and it was great! Did SDD posted 65, took 60 min. Did AS2, TSMM, SR then did RotR. yes I was able to grab another 1:00 backup. We got called and it was another insane line so we finished right at 6:50 and we had a reservation at Beaches and Cream at 7:15. It was a mad scramble to get there. We headed to the boat launch and the line was crazy long and no boat so I called a Lyft. We got to BC around 7:20 and did my check in. The seated us within 15 minutes. I caved in and got that stupid Kitchen Sink and my 9yo ended up puking it all up when we got back to the room. Thank god she didn't puke in the Skyliner on the away back!

1/2 MK Last Day. We booked The Plaza at 11:00 and arrived at the restaurant at exactly 11:00 due to our bus being so late to the resort. Food was good, we all had full bellies :) I told the kids, expect to wait if you want to ride. We did Buzz and Astro Orbiter. After those 2 rides it was 2:30. They wanted to go back to the resort so off we went. We too a break till 5:00 and headed back. We went to BTMR and rode, did CBJ then had our dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. After dinner the park cleared out a lot. We were able to do Space, Pooh, PP then Speedway before park close. We were the last ones on Speedway.

Overall it was a good trip, not a great trip. The only saving grace is we get a few FP+ on our trips and this trip we only got 2 each and they had restrictions. No FOP, 7DMT,PP, FEA. We used them on BTMR and Space. Now for the problems we had. First of all, I don't mask shame people but I will distance shame them. I had to be incognito but I took a few pics of maskless people just to do it. Then I thought to myself, why bother? My kids are 7 and 9. My 7yo had her birthday on 12/27. They can follow rules so why can't adults? I may not wear a mask at my work but I respect the wishes of others. I know WDW is mandating masks and so does everyone else. If I didn't want to wear one I wouldn't go. So the things that really stood out .... and I promise I am not exaggerating. At all 4 parks people would eat in line with no mask in every ride. CM's only stopped people before going further on EE and FOP. Now they were not right next to me but they were pretty close. One guy coughed and food flew out of his mouth! Also I bet I seen at least 50 people a day with their mask completely off in line for no reason and in CBJ a CM did come over to a guy and advise that he and his whole family put their masks back on. That was once. The other time was a family walking in Pandora eating with no mask, The CM told them to put their masks on and the woman yelled "I'm Eating!" and kept walking. So did the CM. No punishment or enforcement. In Astro Orbiter I did take pics of 2 maskless people and one noise peeker. He was right next to me. I really didn't care about the nose showing but he wouldn't stay off my backside! I finally turned around, pointed to the ground and said "Step back" I had to tell people to "Please keep your distance" at least 5 times every day. On EE I told the CM the party behind us is not with us. He said "okay" and I said "shouldn't they back up?" he told them to stay at the floor marker. It didn't work after a few minutes so I turned around and told the lady to give me space. On RotR 2 young girls actually stepped on my heel twice! I turned around fuming and in a stern voice said "Stay back"! Also there was a guy walking out of AK as we were going in. He was coming towards us walking really fast. he pulled his mask off and threw it down and kept walking towards the exit. I have no idea if he was stopped. All in all, we had fun but if Disney is going to keep posting up rules they refuse to enforce a lot of people may not come back.
This is just one ride. First pic I got a 2 for 1 lol.
IMG_5440 (1).PNG IMG_5442.jpg IMG_5441.PNG

Last edited:
I didn't think they were doing any fast passes right now, that is good to hear.

The Mask thing... that is such BS and proves that many people just don't care. If they refuse to follow that simple rule I gotta wonder how careless they are otherwise....

Glad your trip was a good one. I gotta admit the photo in MK was a bit off putting in regards to how packed everyone was together.

"First of all, I don't mask shame people" - Then takes their picture and posts them on the internet.

Disney is not going to enforce this mask wearing rule to harshly. Like the airlines, they are in business for money. You start kicking people out for something half the population thinks is useless, you're going to lose business and people will start posting their experiences with rude CM's. I don't see it happening.

Thanks for sharing your experience. If Disney starts to slack with mask wearing, we will postpone. Your pictures are helpful in setting expectations.

My friend drove to UA this summer and came back with Covid. The only time she felt unsafe was in an indoor que. When a party behind them pulled down their masks as they waited.

"First of all, I don't mask shame people" - Then takes their picture and posts them on the internet.

Disney is not going to enforce this mask wearing rule to harshly. Like the airlines, they are in business for money. You start kicking people out for something half the population thinks is useless, you're going to lose business and people will start posting their experiences with rude CM's. I don't see it happening.
Posting pics to inform fellow DISers is not the same as shaming a person directly. Also if Disney isn't going to enforce the rules why waste money putting hundreds of signs all over the parks telling people they will be asked to leave if they can't follow the rules? Everyone who decides to visit the parks is well aware of the rules before they arrive and if by chance they didn't know, they do know as soon as they choose to enter the parks. As you stated, half the population thinks masks are useless but that has nothing to do with the rules set by a business on private property. Don't like to wear a mask? Don't go. If a CM enforces the rule that does not make them rude.

There are people who can’t wear masks for health reasons. I know two with doctors notes for their conditions. So I’d say if you are going to spend a lot of time taking pictures and worrying about others, I would just stay home. It doesn’t sound like a fun trip getting worked up about what others are doing. Two healthcare workers in my family have gotten the virus while wearing masks so common sense would say that anyone going to a theme park now is taking a risk.

There are people who can’t wear masks for health reasons. I know two with doctors notes for their conditions. So I’d say if you are going to spend a lot of time taking pictures and worrying about others, I would just stay home. It doesn’t sound like a fun trip getting worked up about what others are doing. Two healthcare workers in my family have gotten the virus while wearing masks so common sense would say that anyone going to a theme park now is taking a risk.
It was a very fun trip. If you read the whole thing you would know that. I never got worked up and don’t care what others do until they are affecting me or my family. I would be fine with masks going away completely. And my time taking pics was just killing the time I was waiting in the queue.

How lucky you are that you were able to take your family to Disneyworld over Christmas no less. Where I live businesses are closing daily. Maybe just be thankful your able to do such a trip instead of mask shaming people. People need to mind there own business if your so worried about it stay home.

How lucky you are that you were able to take your family to Disneyworld over Christmas no less. Where I live businesses are closing daily. Maybe just be thankful your able to do such a trip instead of mask shaming people. People need to mind there own business if your so worried about it stay home.
what? no one is mask shaming anyone LOL

I wouldn’t be posting pictures of strangers on a national message board without their permission, but that’s just me
I figured it was okay since everyone that post pictures of WDW catches many people in the background all the time. When all the major theme park websites, bloggers, news outlets shoot video there are hundreds of people getting on film or in pics and even when you go on a ride pics of random people end up in others ride photos that they share on social media so yeah, I see what you mean.

Is this picture okay? Me and my daughter on the left. I have no idea who the other people are but have always thought it was okay to post.
b6450345-b7e3-46b8-b2a8-7f0cabc5bdc1_medium_edl.jpg

Last edited:
Mind sharing how you had two fastpasses a day? We were there 12/20-12/28 and the FP lines were jamming. People swear up and down there’s no FP but clearly there is.

This was an extremely helpful report! I also didn't interpret what you posted as mask shaming, more helping others understand the state of the restrictions and compliance. We're going in March and it's exactly the kind of report I was looking for--wait times, strategy, crowds, and restrictions.

This was an extremely helpful report! I also didn't interpret what you posted as mask shaming, more helping others understand the state of the restrictions and compliance. We're going in March and it's exactly the kind of report I was looking for--wait times, strategy, crowds, and restrictions.
Thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter