12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

I am so glad to know we're not the only DINKs on board...sometimes our friends think we're crazy to be such Disney fanatics when we "don't have any kids dragging you there"...but we get to BE the kids this way!!! It's magic! :wizard:

Welcome Captain Jack and Crew. I have you down for FE. I will be contacting again about the first of November along with everyone else to finalize our list and get everyone's stateroom numbers. I will then post a master list by sending out a PM to everyone. We still need to decide if we are going to have a dis meet on board. Anyone up for this? If so when and where?:banana::santa::dance3::cheer2:

DH and I will definitely be in for FE, we're in 6133. We'd love to have a meet onboard as well! Can't wait to enjoy the Magic!

Hi all! We just booked the NYE cruise this morning -- it will be me, dh, and two dds. We're fairly veteran DCL cruisers, and would love to participate in any meets and FE activities that may be happening! Our last DCL cruise was in July 2009 (we cruised RCCL in 2010) and we had a VERY interactive group, which really made it the best cruise ever. In fact, we just had dinner the other night with a family from that cruise, so the DIS Boards really ensured that we made friends for life on that vacation!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and meeting you in December!

Marcy

Large table or small? Can't decide. Anyone want some NJ dining buddies? I promise, real Jersey girls are nothing like Snooki & crew. (So embarrassing to have someone ask me if all Jersey girls are like the Jersey Shore and the Real Housewives in Alaska)

It's a small world after all...

:rotfl2:

Sorry couldn't resist! Where in NJ are you from?

Not far from you at all...just south of Trenton right on the river.

And I have to agree...Jersey girls are NOTHING like Snooki, and the only "situation" with my husband is when he forgets to take the trash out! That show ought to be called "New York trash at the Jersey Shore".

But back to the topic at hand...I am WAY too excited about this cruise. DH and I haven't been on vacation alone in 3 years. I know, it's probably been a lot longer for some of you...but we don't have children to blame the lack of alone time on!!! Anyone else agonizing about the number of days left? :confused:

Hi all! We just booked the NYE cruise this morning -- it will be me, dh, and two dds. We're fairly veteran DCL cruisers, and would love to participate in any meets and FE activities that may be happening! Our last DCL cruise was in July 2009 (we cruised RCCL in 2010) and we had a VERY interactive group, which really made it the best cruise ever. In fact, we just had dinner the other night with a family from that cruise, so the DIS Boards really ensured that we made friends for life on that vacation!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and meeting you in December!

Marcy

We live in the Orlando area too. How old are your DD's? Ours will be 16 1/2 and almost 14.

I can't wait to visit Tortola! I saw the charter that someone posted about the Virgin Gorda Baths - sounds interesting!

I wonder if it will be too cold to snorkel in January for us FL people! :)

I was told pirate night is the night we are in Tortola. 69 more days until we leave for WDW and our first cruise! I am so excited and in desperate need of a break these next few months need to fly by.

Melissa

I can't wait for this trip... I went the other day on the DCL website to see if I could book Palo Brunch before the 75 day mark came up and there was nothing left... :sad1: ... But I'm ok with that... I have my spa time book and I'm going on a Disney Cruise... at New Years with my Daughters... what more could I ask for... :cheer2: I just want Christmas to hurry up so I can tell my daughters... :santa: Merry Christmas to them!!!!

I can't wait to visit Tortola! I saw the charter that someone posted about the Virgin Gorda Baths - sounds interesting!

I wonder if it will be too cold to snorkel in January for us FL people! :)

We did this same itinerary in July 2009 and LOVED it. I also vacationed in Tortola about 20 years ago and it is an amazing place.

Does anyone know the general formal/semiformal nights schedule on the 8 day itinerary? I blindly booked Palo but wasn't sure if I booked dinner on formal night.

I can't wait for this trip... I went the other day on the DCL website to see if I could book Palo Brunch before the 75 day mark came up and there was nothing left... :sad1: ... But I'm ok with that... I have my spa time book and I'm going on a Disney Cruise... at New Years with my Daughters... what more could I ask for... :cheer2: I just want Christmas to hurry up so I can tell my daughters... :santa: Merry Christmas to them!!!!

When you get on the ship, head directly to the Palo booking table. They do not release all of the spots until the day of the cruise. That also holds true for if you didn't get the dinner spot you wanted. I think they only release 50% of the spots online. High tea was fully booked when I went online, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get a spot on embarkation day. (And yes, high tea is worth it -- just for the scones!)

I can't wait for this trip... I went the other day on the DCL website to see if I could book Palo Brunch before the 75 day mark came up and there was nothing left... :sad1: ...

There are 2 time slots open right now, by the way . . . .

Day 2
Sat, Dec 31
At Sea 11:30 am

Day 7
Thu, Jan 05
At Sea 10:30 am

Mine are 8 and 11, but going on 27.

Okay, so I guess they won't be hanging out together.

In reference to your questions about dinner attire themes. I had called DCL and my notes are as followed:
Saturday December 31st Formal Night
Tuesday January 2nd (Tortola) Pirate Night
Thursday January 5th Semi-Formal Night

If anyone has heard differently please let me know.
Thanks.

Hi Everyone
I wanted to set up a list.
Here is what I have:
Capt Jack and Crew
Tinkerbell29
figmentnemo
redheadtove
mickey magic
Cruella fan
Stephsong
Indian Mom
Pmm0724
Sabrecmc
elfinjo
Disneypoly
Mk2thcleaner
Love 2cruise
Goof troop
Ravensilverlight
magicalfam5
kmitchel
Marcy in Florida
Miss Allen
bpescar
If you could check this list as soon as possible and if you are all up for fish extenders then send me a private message with your stateroom # and how many adults (male and females) as well as children and their ages so I can make a master list to post in the private message area. I said I would be the one to organize this as someone did for us on our last holiday cruise. We need to set the cut off date for the first of November because of the holidays but we will see how that goes. As for a dis meet a sea day sounds good. Let me know what you all think is the best the first or second sea day.

:santa::dance3::cheer2:

Hi Everyone
I wanted to set up a list.
Here is what I have:
Capt Jack and Crew
Tinkerbell29
figmentnemo
redheadtove
mickey magic
Cruella fan
Stephsong
Indian Mom
Pmm0724
Sabrecmc
elfinjo
Disneypoly
Mk2thcleaner
Love 2cruise
Goof troop
Ravensilverlight
magicalfam5
kmitchel
Marcy in Florida
Miss Allen
bpescar
If you could check this list as soon as possible and if you are all up for fish extenders then send me a private message with your stateroom # and how many adults (male and females) as well as children and their ages so I can make a master list to post in the private message area. I said I would be the one to organize this as someone did for us on our last holiday cruise. We need to set the cut off date for the first of November because of the holidays but we will see how that goes. As for a dis meet a sea day sounds good. Let me know what you all think is the best the first or second sea day.

:santa::dance3::cheer2:

I;m game for meeting any sea day.. Name the time and place I we shall be there..

I do think setting a cut off date is a great idea, it will allow everyone to get all their planning done.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THIS JOB ON!!!!

I;m game for meeting any sea day.. Name the time and place I we shall be there..

I do think setting a cut off date is a great idea, it will allow everyone to get all their planning done.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THIS JOB ON!!!!
I think if we do the dis meets it should be the first sea day because by the second everyone usually has too many plans. However we could do 2, one on each sea day, Day 1 and 2, what do others think? Some people know in advance what they are planning to do.:santa::dance3:

I think if we do the dis meets it should be the first sea day because by the second everyone usually has too many plans. However we could do 2, one on each sea day, Day 1 and 2, what do others think? Some people know in advance what they are planning to do.:santa::dance3:

One on each of the first 2 sea days sounds good to me. That way, if there are special activities during one of the times we've set, we have another chance to meet up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter