12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

bpescar - Thanks so much for coordinating the FE and meets. It makes me excited that we are starting to put these things together... it means the cruise is getting closer! I agree with setting DIS meets for each of the first two sea days in case people have plans for one of the days. If I can attend both, I will. :banana:

My husband and son will be scuba diving in St. Maarten with Octopus Diving if anyone else is interested. FYI, my son is a junior diver so depth will be limited. They wanted to dive in St. Thomas, but we won't have time because we will be doing the Kayak Hike and Snorkel.

Either sea day is fine with me for a meet. I have nothing left to do for this cruise online check in is done, excursions and Palo is booked, magnets made, transportation back to the airport is arranged. Now it's just the long wait till time to go.
Melissa

Either sea day is fine with me for a meet. I have nothing left to do for this cruise online check in is done, excursions and Palo is booked, magnets made, transportation back to the airport is arranged. Now it's just the long wait till time to go.
Melissa

I feel like I have so much left to do! I have started online check in, but I haven't booked my flights yet, so I can't completely finish it. Nearly done making my fish extender - just some touch ups on the stitching left. But I haven't made/bought any of the FE gifts just yet. Working on my magnets now...and I haven't even started my packing list. (yes, I'm one of THOSE people, the list will be done before the first of November, lol...and the packiing will be done at LEAST two weeks before we leave...) I did book Palo and my excursions already, so that's off the list!

Quick dumb question -- it looks like the boarding process has changed since we last cruised in 2009 and you now get an appointment time for port arrival. Does this mean that gone are the days of showing up at the port at 9 to see if you can get an upgrade?

The November, 2011 edition of the magazine, "Caribbean Travel and Life" has an article on Tortula.
I haven't read it yet, but wanted to alert my fellow 8-Night Cruisers about it.

Quick dumb question -- it looks like the boarding process has changed since we last cruised in 2009 and you now get an appointment time for port arrival. Does this mean that gone are the days of showing up at the port at 9 to see if you can get an upgrade?

From my understanding you are no longer able to get to port before 10:30am now. This is to help control the crowds and wait times. There is a thread that discusses this but for the life of me can not remember where I seen it.

I'm so excited for this cruise!!!!:cheer2:

From my understanding you are no longer able to get to port before 10:30am now. This is to help control the crowds and wait times. There is a thread that discusses this but for the life of me can not remember where I seen it.

I'm so excited for this cruise!!!!:cheer2:

Thanks!

Me too! :yay: I think I'm driving everybody nuts with constantly talking about all the great tips and things I've found on the board here...thank goodness I now know I'm not the only nut out there!!! :lmao:

I just can't wait to be able to spill the beans to my daughters about this cruise... Christmas day is coming soon!!!! :santa:

Maybe, Nemo is a diver! Can you give me the info?

What are YOU doing while they are diving...I'm always looking for someone to hang with while Nemo is in the water.

My husband and son will be scuba diving in St. Maarten with Octopus Diving if anyone else is interested. FYI, my son is a junior diver so depth will be limited. They wanted to dive in St. Thomas, but we won't have time because we will be doing the Kayak Hike and Snorkel.

Hey everyone:
Thought I check in since I have been mostly sending PMs to most of you. Still trying to get messages back from some. Okay let's organize the Dis Meets for the first two sea days. Let's say 10am on the first sea day in Promenade Lounge on Deck 3 and for the second sea day Diversions 11am. How does that sound? This way we can plan activities and most things begin after that usually. As for needing information like your stateroom numbers. You should be getting those next month sometime after the first so send me a PM. If not you can call the cruise line to find out. But we dont want to bug them for this. Unless you don't get it by Thanksgiving. I really want to get the list out to everybody before that if possible but we shall see. In the mean time if the ones who have not contacted me would send me a PM with who is in your traveling party as far as adults and children and their ages I would be grateful. I have a very busy November so I want to make sure this gets done for all of us! I We are booked checked in online airline tickets bought. I am preparing gifts for FE's and that is it. My work schedule is crazy and I am apply for a full time position so I am hoping I will be in interviews in November. Then we will really be celebrating. When I called the cruise line the other day to set up something special for our room I told the cast member to get the Captain ready for us. He laughed as he was taking my credit card for the petite fours order with Martinellis Sparkling Cider! That is okay You should see us two girls:dance3::santa:

Hey everyone:
Thought I check in since I have been mostly sending PMs to most of you. Still trying to get messages back from some. Okay let's organize the Dis Meets for the first two sea days. Let's say 10am on the first sea day in Promenade Lounge on Deck 3 and for the second sea day Diversions 11am. How does that sound? This way we can plan activities and most things begin after that usually. As for needing information like your stateroom numbers. You should be getting those next month sometime after the first so send me a PM. If not you can call the cruise line to find out. But we dont want to bug them for this. Unless you don't get it by Thanksgiving. I really want to get the list out to everybody before that if possible but we shall see. In the mean time if the ones who have not contacted me would send me a PM with who is in your traveling party as far as adults and children and their ages I would be grateful. I have a very busy November so I want to make sure this gets done for all of us! I We are booked checked in online airline tickets bought. I am preparing gifts for FE's and that is it. My work schedule is crazy and I am apply for a full time position so I am hoping I will be in interviews in November. Then we will really be celebrating. When I called the cruise line the other day to set up something special for our room I told the cast member to get the Captain ready for us. He laughed as he was taking my credit card for the petite fours order with Martinellis Sparkling Cider! That is okay You should see us two girls:dance3::santa:

Those meet times are great for me!!! I'm glad to see that November is busy for someone else besides me... I have 3 conferences, along with 2 university final exams to write. By the time this vacation comes I will so need it!!! I can't wait to see some sunshine and enjoy the ocean!!! :yay::woohoo:

Once again... THANK YOU FOR TAKING THIS JOB ON!!!! :goodvibes:cool1:

Hello!! Just found this thread and so excited. Trying to book a rental car for one day to drive from WDW to port , but the prices are crazy! Anyone else have any luck? I also posted this on the DCL forum before i found this thread :)

Hello!! Just found this thread and so excited. Trying to book a rental car for one day to drive from WDW to port , but the prices are crazy! Anyone else have any luck? I also posted this on the DCL forum before i found this thread :)

We are in the process of organizing Fe for this cruise. If you want in I need you to send me a PM with how many are traveling with you adults and children with ages of children. I will also need your stateroom number as soon as you have it. We are also organizing a Dis meet for the first two sea days. The first one will be in the Promenade lounge at 1030am and the second will be at 11am at Diversions. If any of this sounds like something you want to do let me know as as soon as possible so I can add you to the master list.
Thank you and Welcome to the cruise!:santa::dance3:

So excited we leave in 57 days!!!!!!!! FE gifts are ordered needed to get that done because it take awhile to get what I wanted so just ordered a ton of them. Did new shirts for New Years Eve for mom and I Matthew will not wear a matching shirt but he has agreed to a tux again. It was 70 here today by Friday are high is 42 this weather is driving me nuts.

Melissa

Hey everyone:

I tried to PM you my answer but I don't have enough posts to be able to PM.

We have decided not to participate in FE this cruise. Thanks for the invite.

:banana:

I'm actually getting super excited for this trip now... After months of stressing about FE gifts.. I couldn't decided what to do, and then do I do for the family or every person.. :scared1: My brain hurt just thinking about it... Needless to say.. today I FINALLY figured out what I'm going to do... So once I get a final number... they will be ready to go... :cool1:

I've never been away a New Years before so this is going to be the best party...

I can almost smell the ocean already!!!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter