12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

Another thought with such a small FE group is if you hope to upgrade at the port why not print little pages with your Disboards name and current cabin leaving a fill in the blank for the new cabin number? Sort of like an address change note. Be sure to deliver these in a timely fashion to FE participants.

Another thought with such a small FE group is if you hope to upgrade at the port why not print little pages with your Disboards name and current cabin leaving a fill in the blank for the new cabin number? Sort of like an address change note. Be sure to deliver these in a timely fashion to FE participants.

That's also a great idea. I have been checking, and at this point the website is showing just about every category available for booking. So if that's any indication, seems to me there might be plenty of port upgrades open. I guess most schools would be starting back up before the cruise ends so maybe it didn't fit some families' schedules?

Hi everyone! I can't believe it is only 15 more days until we leave :cool1:! I am ridiculously excited about this vacation. The last time we cruised I was really sick so I plan on enjoying this one. The thing i am most excited about is between the 2 cruises there are 14 days where work can not reach me!!!!! I've told them if they call they will get my cell phone bill for the month and to please not burn the building down or lose any of the children. Simple request I think.

I know we talked about meet n greets but can not for the life of me remember when they are?

Melissa

Hi Everyone: Just wanted to update everyone that the final FE list has been sent to each of you via a PM message. Thanks for being patient with me. I have been swamped with work and such. I did not make to second interviews on any of those job interviews but those of you that are teachers know ho competitive these events are so it is not my time yet. However the process was great practice and next time will be the one hopefully! Anyway now I am in the thick of grading final papers for six college reading and composition classes. I just want to concentrate on making my FE gifts and packing. So I have been multitasking and do some of each as much as possible keeping my eye on the horizon looking forward to our sea day meets. See you soon!
Barb & Judi in 2610
If anyone did not receive their information just let me know I will send it right out!:santa::dance3::rotfl:

Thanks again bpescar for your time and effort in assembling and sending out the FE list by PM. You have helped to make all participant's cruise even more Magical :wizard:.

Hey there!
I went on this cruise almost three years ago... wow time flies! but I was wondering if anyone could get me the Spicy gumbo soup recipe from one of the dinner nights. You would just have to ask your server and they could bring it over.

If anyone is willing to do this please PM me and I will send my email. It would really mean alot to me.
Thank you all so much! Have a fantastic cruise! :goodvibes

I just called DCL and it is what I thought. When you take the happy bus:banana: to the mickey boat:banana::banana: from the Hyatt, you have to check in at the port. I am sure my wife will buy something beautiful for the cruise.

29.5 days till mickey boat:cool1:

Okay, now I'm REALLY confused. :confused3 This was posted on another thread, from a recent trip report. The poster stayed at the Hyatt the day before the cruise and was given this letter:

Hyatt_Instructions_page1.jpg

It says you can check in for your cruise and get your KTTW card at the airport desk! The letter says it was updated in July of this year, but the person who posted it was on a cruise in October. Others have posted the same letter, too. But they said on the phone you have to check in at the port? :confused:

Not that I mind, either way. Check in here, check in there...as long as I get on the ship, it doesn't matter. But I'd like to know! I guess I will have to call them myself on my next day off work... :sad2:

21 DAYS TILL WE SAIL!!!!!:dance3::banana::cool1::cheer2:

I picked up our Travel Package yesterday from my TA !!!!!! I can't wait to see the ocean and being in a nice warm climate!!!!

:yay::woohoo::dance3::cheer2::cool1::thumbsup2

Even better... 504 hours till we are getting ready to meet up for coffee @ Starbucks :thumbsup2...

But with a busy week coming up and the holidays around the corner, I guess we will be doing all the packing the night before. :woohoo:

Well off to my Europe video conference..

Okay, now I'm REALLY confused. :confused3 This was posted on another thread, from a recent trip report. The poster stayed at the Hyatt the day before the cruise and was given this letter:

Hyatt_Instructions_page1.jpg

It says you can check in for your cruise and get your KTTW card at the airport desk! The letter says it was updated in July of this year, but the person who posted it was on a cruise in October. Others have posted the same letter, too. But they said on the phone you have to check in at the port? :confused:

Not that I mind, either way. Check in here, check in there...as long as I get on the ship, it doesn't matter. But I'd like to know! I guess I will have to call them myself on my next day off work... :sad2:

If you checked in online it is a quick and simple procedure but yes you do have to be checked off their list at the port. They will have certain lines for people who have checked in online and those who have not. Also in July we were silver members and now we are gold so you get perks in checking in that way also, I believe. But bottom line is yest you have to be checked in at the port. It takes only a few moments though if you have completed all the paperwork online and everything is signed and in order. I am finally packed, FE gifts are made, and I am grading the final papers and cleaning house. Next week are final exams. The week of Christmas I plan to put on my jammies get a pedi, and relax until it is time to head to the airport. See you real soon!:santa::dance3::cheer2:

I finished my FE gifts today. I hope everyone likes them. Now to pack...or at least think about it.

Your a head of me... I have the FE gifts but I need to get them all wrapped...and as for packing... I will not get any of that done till after christmas because then my Daughters will know we are going on a DCL and they can help pack..and I won't have to keep this secret any longer!!!

Your a head of me... I have the FE gifts but I need to get them all wrapped...and as for packing... I will not get any of that done till after christmas because then my Daughters will know we are going on a DCL and they can help pack..and I won't have to keep this secret any longer!!!

We did the secret trip thing when my son was 7. He's 16 now and still talks about it. If I could ever pull off such a thing again, I would do it in a heart beat. It was the most fun EVER! We didn't tell him anything about what we were doing, so each thing was a surprise. We flew to Florida and said we were just going to Universal, then we drove to the port and said we just wanted to "see" the ships, then we drove to PORFQ and said we were just going to stay a night, and stayed 9. While I love all the time I can spend with the mouse, the surprise trip will never be topped!

I wish you the best of luck with the reveal!:cheer2:

I LOVE this idea about the notes!

I had the same thought about "what if?" wishful thinking. On our last Disney cruise, one of our FE groupies was upgraded to a Cat 1 when she arrived at port. Needless to say, we had a DIS meet and greet there!

I finished my FE gifts today. I hope everyone likes them. Now to pack...or at least think about it.

I am so impressed; I know I won't start on them until Christmas week because things will be too crazy at work before then.

I was relieved to see that the number is fairly small this time -- we had over 50 FE cabins on our last cruise, and I handmade every single one of them -- about 400 gifts all together. That was crazy!

I am so impressed; I know I won't start on them until Christmas week because things will be too crazy at work before then.

I was relieved to see that the number is fairly small this time -- we had over 50 FE cabins on our last cruise, and I handmade every single one of them -- about 400 gifts all together. That was crazy!

OMG!!! :scared1: I could not imagine 50 cabins of FE's... My brain hurts just thinking about it... I was stressing up till 2 weeks ago about the 17 cabins we have... I just can't wait for the cruise.. This will be our first FE and I know my Daughters are going to love it!!!

DD's are older now, so there are no secret vacations anymore. I do try to keep the excursions a surprise when possible. We went on the Northern Capitals cruise in 2010 and my best surprise was a Segway tour of Copenhagen. Someone had posted it on a thread and I booked it on my own. When (?) Disney goes back I highly recommend this cruise!
On the topic of excursions, does anyone have a definite plan for Tortola that is not through Disney? I think we'll likely do it on our own as the tour group I contacted never got back with me. Thanks.

16 DAYS!!!!!! :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3:

I was searching the New Years Cruise on the DCL site to see there were still lots of staterooms left and as of tonight there were only Inside Staterooms left...

Just wanted to share that all with you..

336 hours till we are at the airport:cool1::cool1: I will be working on the FE's this weekend. Well after many phone calls, I found out how check in is going to work. Who ever is staying at the hyatt/ flying in to Orlando will be checking in downstairs by magical express and given room keys. The hyatt will have a list a passengers so they can get the luggage in the morning. I can smell the open ocean air now:banana:

Working on the FE'S should have them done by this weekend:worship: Checked with Continental and our four bags will fly free:cool1::cool1:. Found out the rate at the Hyatt has a corporate rate for my company that is cheaper then AAA:banana::banana: Saving money for the cruise any where you can: PRICELESS:thumbsup2

See everyone real soon:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter