12 Year Old and Dining Plan

kennezgirl

Mouseketeer
I have a 12 year old daughter that is a very picky eater and still will only eat the types of meals that are available on the kid's menus. We have purchased the dining plan for our upcoming trip and I have a reservation at Le Cellier. I hate to use two credits for a meal that she will not eat all....but I am okay with them using the credits and letting her order from the kid's menu just so she will be happy and full. Do you think this is permitted? What is a good solution?

Just use cash to purchase her a kids' meal and save the credits.

Thank you! I was not sure if they would let her order from the kid's menu since she is 12 years old and you can tell she is not of the age required for that menu.

Thank you! I was not sure if they would let her order from the kid's menu since she is 12 years old and you can tell she is not of the age required for that menu.

They didn't exec question my son in Nov when we went. He looks older than 12 also. We went to Narcooses and used 2ts for us and paid for his kids meal oop and then had his 2 extra TS credits to play with.
You should be fine.

My oldest daughter is also 12 and this is one of the reasons we decided not to do the DDP this time. We always have purchased it in the past. She's just a very light eater and there's no way she'll eat $50 worth of food each day. We're paying OOP this time.

I have a 12 year old daughter that is a very picky eater and still will only eat the types of meals that are available on the kid's menus. We have purchased the dining plan for our upcoming trip.
What is a good solution?

I'm thinking the Dining Plan isn't for your "adult" daughter, which means it isn't for you, and perhaps skip the Dining Plan.

When my oldest was about 11 and we were on the DDP, our server at Le Cell. let her order from the kids menu but brought her a much bigger serving (I think it was some kind of pasta). She got to order an adult dessert and a drink, so she was happy. (The next trip she wised up and ordered steak ;) )

Of course, that's when the Le Cel. was only 1TS credit, so we didn't have the 2 credit dilemma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter