12 year old birthday ideas

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
I just booked a mother daughter trip for my daughter's 12th. Birthday. What are some ideas for some special things we should do?

You could rent the water mice. Our daughter who is the same age LOVES them. Take her on a fireworks cruise. Try a spa day with a special dinner after. The trip will be special enough without any extras as its such a great place to celebrate a birthday. Have a great time.

I took a blank birthday card to Epcot and asked a castmember in each country to sign Happy Birthday in their language. It led to some great discussions about birthday traditions in different countries with my daughter and has been one of the greatest souvineers.

You don't mention budget, but maybe you could get a small custom cake done and delivered to one of your table service meals?

If I had a do-over 12 bday with my dd's at WDW I would do tea at the Grand with a special "tea cake" for my oldest and for my younger dd one of the specialty tour events at AK or AKL as she loves animals. My niece would be treated to the FEA fireworks dessert party with the after park ride on FEA. Of course just being there 1-1 with your dd will be special already so there is no going wrong here :)

Honestly though there are so many options and unique special events you can choose from … would you care to share some of your dd's interests for more specific advice?

We were in WDW on my DD's 13th bday. That morning, she had a manicure at our resort's (Beach Club) salon. We had a character dinner that evening, followed by an Illuminations Celebration Cruise that I had booked way in advance. The boat was decorated with a banner, balloons, etc.
I also preordered a birthday cake which was delivered to the boat prior to our departure from the dock. When the boat parked for Illuminations, the two CM on board brought out the cake & started singing Happy Birthday and the guests on the adjoining boat joined in. The cake was so huge that we shared with everyone on both boats.

I took DD12 on a mother daughter trip last year. It wasn't her birthday but some special things I did was a HEA dessert party which she loved. She also got a really nice (and expensive) spirit jersey that she uses all of the time. I took her to Yachtsman Steakhouse too. She loves steak and still talks about the cheeseboard and the filet we had. We also ate at the outside lounge at Hollywood Brown Derby TWICE. Once was my idea and then she had to have it again.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter