• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

125pt or 250pt contract at CCV

sainca11

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I hope this is the correct place to post this, but I could use your valuable insight. I am looking to become a first time DVC member and am interested in CCV contracts through resale. With sharing this contract with my family we are thinking of needing around 250 points. However, I don't know if it would be better to buy two smaller 125pt contracts or a single 250pt contract. For ease of UY and price per point negotiation, I feel like it's better to get 1 contract. However, if we were to put it up for resale in the future, I imagine it would be better to have the smaller points contracts. I don't know which direction to go in and any advice is very helpful.

Multiple smaller contracts will likely fetch a premium if you ever need to sell some points to resize your position. You do pay upfront for extra closing costs and it's a little bit of extra management to track how the points are across the various contracts (but not too much if they are all the same use year - I highly recommend the same use year for the contracts unless you plan on getting a lot of points). We have 250 CCV points across 3 contracts. We "need" more CCV points, but that will likely have to wait until we get the VDH points we want and adjust to the dues for a few years :)

Best of luck. CCV is magical and it's one of our favorite spots at WDW. Highly recommend you stalk the ROFR thread and learn about the current market there.

Multiple smaller contracts will likely fetch a premium if you ever need to sell some points to resize your position. You do pay upfront for extra closing costs and it's a little bit of extra management to track how the points are across the various contracts (but not too much if they are all the same use year - I highly recommend the same use year for the contracts unless you plan on getting a lot of points). We have 250 CCV points across 3 contracts. We "need" more CCV points, but that will likely have to wait until we get the VDH points we want and adjust to the dues for a few years :)

Best of luck. CCV is magical and it's one of our favorite spots at WDW. Highly recommend you stalk the ROFR thread and learn about the current market there.
Thank you so much! I am addicted to ROFR thread (probably not very healthy lol) and have learned so much in a short time. Closing costs completely slipped my mind, so thank you for bringing it up. Good luck with the VDH points, I live in Southern California and am excited to see how the new tower looks.

Thank you so much! I am addicted to ROFR thread (probably not very healthy lol) and have learned so much in a short time. Closing costs completely slipped my mind, so thank you for bringing it up. Good luck with the VDH points, I live in Southern California and am excited to see how the new tower looks.

If you live in So Cal you "might" want to consider going for some value direct points if you can... Would you ever want to do a quick stay at VDH with your points?

I have a feeling that they may start to put those thousands of CCV points they took with ROFR last year on sale soon. But you will get a way better deal if you are already a member... If the VDH deal is not what I expect and they do put CCV direct on sale for a solid discount I may by more CCV direct instead of VDH points and then just have to gamble at 7 months. CCV points have not dropped quite as far on the resale market as others (especially for smaller point contracts). If you can get direct for within 20 ish bucks a point as resale then I'd recommend considering it especially if you plan on holding for a long time. This would give you access to VDH and all of the 2042 resorts when they flip in 18ish years.

If you live in So Cal you "might" want to consider going for some value direct points if you can... Would you ever want to do a quick stay at VDH with your points?

I have a feeling that they may start to put those thousands of CCV points they took with ROFR last year on sale soon. But you will get a way better deal if you are already a member... If the VDH deal is not what I expect and they do put CCV direct on sale for a solid discount I may by more CCV direct instead of VDH points and then just have to gamble at 7 months. CCV points have not dropped quite as far on the resale market as others (especially for smaller point contracts). If you can get direct for within 20 ish bucks a point as resale then I'd recommend considering it especially if you plan on holding for a long time. This would give you access to VDH and all of the 2042 resorts when they flip in 18ish years.

Great advice, aahh there to many things to consider, but hey its better to have more options than not. It will be interesting to see how VDH play out.

Hi everyone, I hope this is the correct place to post this, but I could use your valuable insight. I am looking to become a first time DVC member and am interested in CCV contracts through resale. With sharing this contract with my family we are thinking of needing around 250 points. However, I don't know if it would be better to buy two smaller 125pt contracts or a single 250pt contract. For ease of UY and price per point negotiation, I feel like it's better to get 1 contract. However, if we were to put it up for resale in the future, I imagine it would be better to have the smaller points contracts. I don't know which direction to go in and any advice is very helpful.

I would split it up to smaller contracts. It might be tough to sell 250pts in the future. You will also be able to sell the smaller contracts for more later on down the road.

It might be tough to find two 125 contracts with the use year you want. It might be easier to find a 150/100.

Copper Creek has quickly become one of my favorite resort in the last few years.

I am really hoping they do some kind of deal with Copper Creek too. I would buy direct there over Poly2. We have stayed there our last few trips and I fell in love.

There is a Copper Creek - Favorite Week / Fixed Week 52 on one of the resale sites. Not mine. It has an odd number of points. Definitely worth the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter