13 day trip w AP, only 7 days of FP allowed?

Lady Hiss

Mouseketeer
I'm really hoping I've misunderstood the e-mail I just got from Disney regarding my new 'passholder' status and making FPs. I'm a Gold AP holder, just activated this past week when we were at WDW for 4 days.
My next trip is Feb 2020 at BCV for 13 nights. So, I'd assumed that I could make FP choices 60 days in advance of my first day of that trip. Is it true that I can only make FP for 7 days of that trip??? PLEASE tell me this isn't the case! If so, what are my options for getting on rides for the other 6 days?
TIA~~~

AP holder here - AP can only hold 7 days at a time, except when you have an on-site reservation longer (but only up to 14 day max). That being said, I do believe (though could very well be wrong on this point) that if you have two long reservations within a 60 day period, you are stuck with one set of fastpasses (can't book them for both trips).

If you have an on site stay you can book the same as any other ticket holder- up to 14 days.

Stays booked close together are a problem, but not just for AP holders. They are supposedly working on a fix, butin your case, there shouldn’t be a problem.

AP holder here - AP can only hold 7 days at a time, except when you have an on-site reservation longer (but only up to 14 day max). That being said, I do believe (though could very well be wrong on this point) that if you have two long reservations within a 60 day period, you are stuck with one set of fastpasses (can't book them for both trips).
Should only be an issue if you have any sort of off-site stay FP booked in there too.
I frequently have multiple on-site stays and have no problems booking FP for them but we never have any off-site stays or FP booked for days not at a resort. I have FP booked for a trip starting next weekend and another starting in May right now, total of 12 days, no issues.
But if you do anything like stay at a good neighbor hotel, SOG, or even live close enough for a day trip and book a single day of FP, in between any of the on-site stays then it will override the on-site exemption and the 7 day limit for AP holders will kick in
If that makes sense.

Whew! What a relief! Thanks so much for the expert information. It makes me wonder why Disney can't spell things out as clearly as the DISers can. Perhaps I just don't read their info carefully enough. At any rate, I'm very thankful for all the people on these boards who are so very helpful (even when the answer to my question might be obvious). :thanks:

Whew! What a relief! Thanks so much for the expert information. It makes me wonder why Disney can't spell things out as clearly as the DISers can. Perhaps I just don't read their info carefully enough. At any rate, I'm very thankful for all the people on these boards who are so very helpful (even when the answer to my question might be obvious). :thanks:
They never do spell out ALL the ins and outs.
99% of the info they issue for AP holders is geared to locals. And as such, they assume, wrongly mind you, that these AP holders will not be staying on-site and will have the 7 day limit on FP. The on-site resort rule gets complicated when you add in the on-site/off-site stuff and rather than try to explain that too, they just leave it at 7 day limit and figure everyone else will figure out they can get more when they qualify for more. Few people will complain when they get more but if they tried to explain that sometimes you can get more when you stay on-site, except for under X or X, then someone can't get them, they would get complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter