14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS...MARDI GRAS-MINIONS-HARRY & MORE...MARCH 2019 TR

All caught up and counting down to your next vacay!!!

We've eaten at Morimoto three times now. We all enjoy the peking duck and have ordered it each time. The food has been great every time we've gone - but seriously the worst service, always. We deal with it now, knowing to have super low expectations service wise there lol!

I thought of you this week - we just booked RPR for HHN this year! We've now tried HRH and Portofino - and they weren't my fave. So I'm excited to try RPR!!!

All caught up and counting down to your next vacay!!!

We've eaten at Morimoto three times now. We all enjoy the peking duck and have ordered it each time. The food has been great every time we've gone - but seriously the worst service, always. We deal with it now, knowing to have super low expectations service wise there lol!

I thought of you this week - we just booked RPR for HHN this year! We've now tried HRH and Portofino - and they weren't my fave. So I'm excited to try RPR!!!

Yep, two weeks today we fly out...……:D

I`ve heard a couple people say service was slow there, but I agree sometimes if the food is that good and you know what to expect, it`s not the worst thing that can happen...….we adore Peking Duck...….

AMAZING news Cyndi!!!!!! :jumping1:

I`m so happy you`re all booked up and ready for HHN...…..what are your dates?

I hope you love RP......of course we are incredibly biased and love it......so genuinely hope you are happy there for your stay...…. ::yes::

I quite like PB to visit and the rooms we`ve seen were lovely, but never really had the desire to stay there, and HRH is my least favourite as it just feels very cold and not resort like to me......The Palm is the only reason we really visit...…

So excited for you...…..:wave2:

Although we are in Orlando for two weeks in both March and May, we do feel a little bit of a time constraint still, as there are so many places around we`d like to visit, versus enjoying park time and Mardi Gras...…

We genuinely enjoy spending time in the parks on all our trips, even though we know them like the back of our hands.....I gather some folks question how we can manage to do that in the Universal parks as we often hear you can do it in two days. Well, maybe they can, but we can wander around their, pop on rides, pop in for a drink or a coffee somewhere, do some more rides (Unlimited EP) and they we can decide to leave....or stay.....each to their own and I`d never criticize anyone for how they spend THEIR vacation time......it suits us and we honestly never get bored…….

But spending all our time in theme parks aren't all that we enjoy and frequently get out and about and enjoy some of the other things this beautiful State has to offer...…

As said earlier Gators aren't on our agenda ever, although two people have suggested this to me this week alone.....lol.....and they know me so well!!!! friends have enjoyed going to see them, but no.....not for us.

We have been to Cocoa Beach, Daytona Beach and Clearwater Beach with a few little other places in the early years...….and while they`re all lovely in their own way, we might go to Sarasota this trip...….

I say might, as we do have a few things definitely planned, and there will be days we`ll just want to stay close to home and chill out around the parks......there`ll be NO pool time as it still is only March!!!!! I`m not even going to take my costumes this trip......if Tom wants to take his, that's ok.

So, Sarasota...……

I don't really know much about it except there is a Yoders there...….thanks to Man v Food we heard about this place years ago...….and I`ve told many folks about it that have gone and loved it......and we`ve still never gone...…

https://www.yodersrestaurant.com/

about1.png

Yes, food does seem to play a big part of our trips!!!!!

But, the food options in America are phenomenal!!!! So, we do like to take advantage while we`re there....and the main reason again, we`ll never be skinny!!!! BUt, it`s a heck of long way to drive just for pie...…Even for the best pies!!!!

I think we need to look closer at what`s on offer other than food...…...

Closer to home we were thinking of spending a morning and have lunch in the Old Town in Kissimmee.....although we have gone down that end and been to Celebration a few times, for some reason we`ve never actually gone into the town.

Being big car enthusiasts, we`re often asked why we don't go to the Kissimmee Classic Car Cruise...…

Friday nights have Classic American cars cruising and on Saturday nights it`s the Classics, I think all are from before 1974 or similar....…..the highlight of the night is at 8.30 when the cars line up and parade down the Main Street of the town.

For food, we have been recommended a few places......some names we recognise of course, but there are some places we haven't heard of and would like to give them a try...…

The 3 Sisters Speakeasy is one that intrigues us a lot...….food is allegedly fabulous and atmosphere is supposed to be a lot of fun...….

There are so many food options in this place alone......we wouldn't be stuck......sushi, to burgers, they have it all covered......again, it looks to be an amazing place to visit at night for a few drinks and a lovely dinner in a vibrant atmosphere...…..

Nati`s Southern seafood boil is another place that looks amazing.....but seems very similar to Hot and Juicy Crawfish on restaurant row which is beautiful......of course we can never have enough seafood as we adore it...….so it may be a contender...…

We prefer fresh seafood without batter or coating, apart from spices of course, and although we really enjoy things like coconut shrimp, we much prefer them to be naked as opposed to being covered in a batter or breaded. So, places like this are heavenly to us.

We also love BBQ and have enjoyed many meals at the wonderful 4Rivers in Winter Park and of course the original Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ near Universal...….we first went there many years ago and it has never disappointed...….both places have amazing food, but we had heard good things about Big John`s Rockin BBQ...…..

I saw a thread recently where some folks were horrified to think of eating off trays like this.....I believe somewhere in Disney may have started using them or were thinking of using them...….anyway, it`s not a horrific experience and it hasn't done us any damage...….sides always come separately and don't just get slopped on to your plate.…….

We love it!!!!!!

i-qjTLXwM-XL.jpg

i-sbGp2kT-XL.jpg

I don't think you can spend a day in the Old Town, so this would just be a quick visit to see what`s there and have a lunch...…..

Usually we`d go on and spend some time in Celebration, but we`ve done that a couple of times now and there`s not really that much to do there, for us anyway...….you can hire bikes but that's far too healthy for us.

We like to wander round the lake and wander through the little stores, which are incredibly pretty.....and it is a lovely little town but, couple of hours tops....including lunch. Unless there is an event on or the wonderful show they put on at Christmas...…..snow in Florida looks amazing!!!!

We love Bubbalou’s!!!!! The one you’re talking about and we stop at the one up in Altamonte Springs after every Daytona race on the way back!!! A nice tradition it has become!

Last edited:
Yep, two weeks today we fly out...……:D

I`ve heard a couple people say service was slow there, but I agree sometimes if the food is that good and you know what to expect, it`s not the worst thing that can happen...….we adore Peking Duck...….

AMAZING news Cyndi!!!!!! :jumping1:

I`m so happy you`re all booked up and ready for HHN...…..what are your dates?

I hope you love RP......of course we are incredibly biased and love it......so genuinely hope you are happy there for your stay...…. ::yes::

I quite like PB to visit and the rooms we`ve seen were lovely, but never really had the desire to stay there, and HRH is my least favourite as it just feels very cold and not resort like to me......The Palm is the only reason we really visit...…

So excited for you...…..:wave2:

We will be at UNI from October 29 to November 4th. We did these similar dates last year and really really enjoyed the trip. Loved going to HHN on Halloween, and then the following days too. Weather was great - not ever too hot - perfection!!!!

Your pics are all so lovely and tempting!

I love looking at food pictures and menus (that Yoder's place looks amazing and I dont love pie!) - I could waste an entire afternoon perusing menus, and food pics.....

We love Bubbalou’s!!!!! The one you’re talking about and we stop at the one up in Altamonte Springs after every Daytona race on the way back!!! A nice tradition it has become!

It is an amazing place......and probably the cheapest meal ever........::yes::

We were just looking at Altamonte area as there’s a few nice parks around there.......we’ve just never gone there.

We will be at UNI from October 29 to November 4th. We did these similar dates last year and really really enjoyed the trip. Loved going to HHN on Halloween, and then the following days too. Weather was great - not ever too hot - perfection!!!!

Fantastic.......I do remember now you went around that time........it’s perfect weather usually then.......

We did HHN once on Halloween itself, it wasn’t too busy which was nice.......lovely time to visit again.......::yes::

Your pics are all so lovely and tempting!

I love looking at food pictures and menus (that Yoder's place looks amazing and I dont love pie!) - I could waste an entire afternoon perusing menus, and food pics.....

Thanks!!!!

Yes, we spend a lot of time looking at and studying menu’s........::yes:: too much time if truth be told!

I’m not a huge fan of dessert or pies, but I do love apple or cherry........Tom is more a dessert fan....he will be torn on which ones to choose!!!

How would you ever decide on which food to select if you went to Yoder’s??

It all looks good and such a long menu

That’s going to be a problem ::yes::........I have already chosen about 4 dishes.......and a couple more too.....lol......then there’s Tom........think he’s chose the other half.........

It is a good menu and have never heard one negative review from friends that have been......just need to make sure we don’t go on a Sunday.......:rotfl:

So, Sarasota...……

I don't really know much about it except there is a Yoders there...….thanks to Man v Food we heard about this place years ago...….and I`ve told many folks about it that have gone and loved it......and we`ve still never gone...…

Yoders is nice. Pies are good and fried chicken good also. St. Armand’s is a nice place for shopping and dining. Very pretty. Check out Ringling museum. The Ringling house mansion is amazing. We love Sarasota.

So, Sarasota...……

Yoders is nice. Pies are good and fried chicken good also. St. Armand’s is a nice place for shopping and dining. Very pretty. Check out Ringling museum. The Ringling house mansion is amazing. We love Sarasota.

The Ringling mansion and museum were one place we did look at going.......

Sarasota itself does look beautiful, but then so many places along the coast are stunning.........

Sarasota itself does look beautiful, but then so many places along the coast are stunning.......

That’s for sure. Growing up I had aunts and uncles all over the gulf coast. One aunt in mount Dora, I loved visiting her there. Anna Maria island is nice, siesta key is beautiful. One of the most idillic places I’ve ever been is Boca Grande. We did not want to leave there. Years ago my husband and I took off and drove the ocean road from north Florida to the keys. Of course Kennedy space center was one of my husband’s favorites. We loved south beach in Miami, did not care too much for Key West but Isamarada was pretty.
Sebastian Inlet is beautiful and the most beautiful town on The Atlantic coast we saw was a small town called Wabasso. It is stunning.
If you ever make it to the panhandle , Tallahassee is nice. We go all the time for football/basketball games. We stay at Wakulla Springs Lodge. An amazing place. They have some of the best fresh seafood in the panhandle.
Closer to home we adore St Augustine. We go all the time. If you like it there, check out Fernindina Beach ,very nice also. Jekyll Island is in South Georgia but it’s close to home. We stay in the lodge there and love it. So many great places to choose from.

Sarasota itself does look beautiful, but then so many places along the coast are stunning.......

That’s for sure. Growing up I had aunts and uncles all over the gulf coast. One aunt in mount Dora, I loved visiting her there. Anna Maria island is nice, siesta key is beautiful. One of the most idillic places I’ve ever been is Boca Grande. We did not want to leave there. Years ago my husband and I took off and drove the ocean road from north Florida to the keys. Of course Kennedy space center was one of my husband’s favorites. We loved south beach in Miami, did not care too much for Key West but Isamarada was pretty.
Sebastian Inlet is beautiful and the most beautiful town on The Atlantic coast we saw was a small town called Wabasso. It is stunning.
If you ever make it to the panhandle , Tallahassee is nice. We go all the time for football/basketball games. We stay at Wakulla Springs Lodge. An amazing place. They have some of the best fresh seafood in the panhandle.
Closer to home we adore St Augustine. We go all the time. If you like it there, check out Fernindina Beach ,very nice also. Jekyll Island is in South Georgia but it’s close to home. We stay in the lodge there and love it. So many great places to choose from.

Don’t think we’ll go as far up as the panhandle, but we certainly have plenty to amuse us around where we go on our trips.

Some nice places there.

So, a little reminiscing of previous visits, and looking forward to our next trip is always nice to do...…..

One of our favourite parts of our trip, is the flight, but also the night before when we always stay at the Radisson Blu which is attached to Manchester airport itself through a skywalk...….

Although there are a lot of hotels classed as close to the airport, and they are, this is the only one attached where you don't need to go outside in the morning...…..several other hotels are visible and all offer shuttles to take you to the terminal in the morning..…..but the handiness of the Radisson Blu is ideal for us...…..especially when we depart in December!!!

We are often asked if we ever use a travel agent for our trips......short answer is no. Totally unnecessary today as everything you need is at your fingertips...….sometimes too easy as our trips last year showed!!!

We book flights first, although to be honest that's more out of habit than anything else as we can travel anytime now......our Orlando hotel is usually already taken care of, once flights are sorted, it`s airport hotel then rental car...….easy peasy…..I tell everyone who thinks of using a travel agent to come to America, don't......do it yourself and you can do absolutely everything yourself.

The other question folks ask is why we fly from Manchester......simple answer is....we like it.....no real difference in travel time to London airports, but having flown twice to NY from Heathrow, I like Manchester as it`s smaller and we just like it......we are creatures of habit.

The Radisson is a lovely hotel, yes, it`s probably more expensive than it should be, but for us it`s the perfect way to start our trip off...….

Especially once we have ordered our champagne or prosecco ::yes::

...….that's when our trip really begins...……:hug:

i-TVzdrr9-XL.jpg

Most trips, but not for all, we book a room with Executive Lounge access......usually during the day it`s fairly quiet, you can sit and pass the afternoon away watching the airport still fairly active....despite most larger flights taking off early hours or later at night...….

Sometimes, it`s fully booked and usually when that happens, you don't really want to be there as it does get incredibly noisy.....we once couldn't get booked and found out a local football team had taken it over......it was raucous...…

But, it is lovely and we do enjoy it. We don't really book it if Kyle is with us as he`s not fussed on being up there...….and we usually prefer to eat in the restaurant downstairs which is very good......although last few years they have diminished the options and it is a more limited menu......but still nice.

i-F9DhhSr-XL.jpg

i-hdj4zzN-XL.jpg

i-hgTKZqL-XL.jpg

The rooms are spacious enough, always immaculately clean and although similar every year, we do enjoy our stay.....even if it is for only around 14 hours we can be in the room at times...…the beds are incredibly comfortable and spacious……

i-S9kz45m-XL.jpg

i-MKnX7HV-XL.jpg

In the mornings when we fly off, we come out of the hotel and either turn right for T1 when we with fly Thomas Cook or left for T2 flying with Virgin...….March trip is with Virgin Atlantic...…..

This picture isn't the best, but the skywalk at night is so pretty and we sometimes do wander along to either terminal, just for a wander.....both have a few little shops and coffee places this side of security...…

i-FQ6szqb-XL.jpg

This trip we have opted to stay at Sapphire Falls...…..

Our second home from home...…:love:

Although we had stayed exclusively at Royal Pacific from 2009, when we finally stayed here in 2017 we totally fell in love with it too...….

The design is beautiful.......it`s a bright, light and airy hotel with a fabulous atmosphere...…

i-wZ9zLwm-XL.jpg

i-mHxc59x-XL.jpg

We loved the unique central staircase first time we saw it...….along with the elevators, this takes you down to Amatista Cookhouse and also the exit door to the boats that will take you the short journey to the parks....some people say they get confused with having to come to the lobby to get to here, but it is a simple layout and really, you shouldn't get lost...…

i-w9L3GHT-XL.jpg

i-ktQz3nP-XL.jpg

Strong Water Bar is one of our favourite bars in Orlando...….
And there are a few contenders for that title!!!!
But, Strong Water Tavern is the whole package...…..excellent food, mostly Tapas style from various regions, ideal size portions for sharing and experimenting with new dishes.....and we have endeavoured to try as many as we can...…..lol......we are getting through them...….
We haven't touched the vegetarian dishes as we prefer to eat meat, but we have been reliably informed that there are a couple we may like....and one recommendation was from Chef Carlos himself...….so, we may have to take him at his word and give at least one a try.

i-bT9VxTj-XL.jpg

i-7Xv4MwQ-XL.jpg

Cocktails are fresh......probably some of the freshest I`ve ever tasted. They make their own juices fresh every day and having tasted some of them individually with no alcohol in them, they are exceptional......and we can say we have tried each and every cocktail.....can`t say the same about the many, many rums on offer of course.....there are hundreds and although Tom has tasted a fair few as he has enjoyed many rum flights, he`s nowhere near sampled even a small percentage.

Staff like everywhere onsite are outstanding...…..genuinely friendly and knowledgeable their advice on food and drink options is always interesting...…..I like how they never try to sell you the most expensive option or something you didn't ask for...….we had that at a few places, out with Orlando I have to say.

The manager Fernando has become someone we always look forward to seeing......his face lights up when he sees us and we have got to know him fairly well over the last few years......we are there a lot, so naturally we do get to know folks well…….not everyone looks at us and asks in shock...."you here again" lol...…such a nice man, well, I guess most folks we meet are always lovely......

We were once told by our very good friend we almost had residency at the resorts, he was introducing us to someone at the time, one of the few folks we didn't know ......that did make us laugh...….

One of the prettiest area`s around the resort is the boat dock...…...especially at night, but even during daylight hours it is stunning. When the boat turns the corner and you see the water wheel area.....beautiful.

i-g2VNsPS-XL.jpg

i-gv9XdGc-XL.jpg

i-PV8VgPN-XL.jpg

i-g4fSpsQ-XL.jpg

Picture above and below are taken from the balcony of Strong Water...…..the views are beautiful at night too.....and sitting out having a drink is something we enjoy....as long as there`s no one smoking out there....it would be lovely if it was all non smoking.....especially as food is being served...….but, if it`s not like that it really is gorgeous and you can easily pass an evening taking in the atmosphere...….

i-7bDnx5K-XL.jpg

We do like the pool area here too...….it`s shallow and has a central area you can walk through and look as if you are walking on water…….it has, like all the resort pools here, a good atmosphere…..

Plenty of sun loungers around all the areas...…..and it has the ever coveted slide.

The Drhum Club has some lovely food and some very nice oversized cocktails...….and some lovely normal sized ones too...……:)

i-CNJmN3k-XL.jpg

i-K5T39m7-XL.jpg

i-b4gPbcV-XL.jpg

i-Gm3fJLT-XL.jpg

It`s lovely being able to stay between two resorts...….none of the other resorts appeal enough to stay......we found our home away from here at Sapphire and our other home resort RPR...…..we are comfortable here and always made to feel like returning family......schmaltzy but true.

We are down to 10 sleeps till our overnight at the Radisson.....and seeing these pictures again is really building up even more the excitement for our next trip.

This trip will be the first of four visits to Orlando this year...….and the first of two visits to Sapphire...…..and we can`t wait for this first one...…:-)

So delighted with your awesome fabulous photos Schumi !

You haven’t left yet for your next trip and already I’m ready for another exciting trip report

Thanks mac........

We are getting to that “it’s almost here” excitement........once we are home from my nephews wedding this weekend we can really focus on last minute plans for the trip......

You know us......packing is almost a last minute thing except maybe pop a few things into the case.........just to say we’ve started......::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter