• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

140 by 40 or 40 by 40!!!!

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Hi everyone. I am turning 39 next week. It occured to me I have one more year and I will be the big 4-0. I really want to be at my goal by the time I am 40. (140)

So, I thought what a neat number, 140 by 40! I have a year to reach it. So, if you have a 40th birthday coming up within the next year, maybe you don't have a goal of weighing 140 lbs, but maybe you would like to lose 40 pounds? 20 or 30 would work also!

Check in here weekly or daily with your current weight loss, and a daily or weekly goal.

Introduce yourself and let us know how much weight you want to lose. We should be great support for each other. I am on WW right now, and really struggling, but now that I have my 40th birthday in sight, I should really get motivated!

Someone else started a similar thread to yours a few months back and I have been slowly but surely been working my "weigh" to being fabulous at 40!! For me I am running out of time because I will be 40 in 10 days....lol, but I am so close to my goal I can taste it!!! Won't be long now and although I won't make my goal by the time I turn 40 I will be at my goal sometime during my 40th year!!! Great for you for setting a goal, best of luck to you in your quest. And Happy Birthday a little early!!

I just got some depressing news from a Dr who is trying to diagnose my memory issues.

Anyway, we were discussing my health history. I gained a ton of weight almost 6 years ago when I got rhuematoid arthritis. I was put on 40mg of prednisone, and stayed on it for YEARS. I am finally down to just 5mg/day. To me, that is nothing. I don't have the appetitie I used to, and I can actually eat like a normal person.

He educated me on prednisone. He said 5mg/a day is still a good dose. I would still have effects from it. Retaining fluid (yes I do) and the new info for me was prednisone creates pockets of fat!!!! WHAT?! Yes, I new it was a steriod, but I never thought of it. I just thought I was fatter because of my appetite increase. Double whammy.

So, this explains why my regular Dr was never too concerned about my weight coming off. He told me if I could lose a pound a month, that was terrific. To me, that is depressing. 12 pounds in a year????

The doctor yesterday told me that being on 5mg/day of prednisone, setting a goal within a timeframe may be setting me up for serious disappointment. If they are saying 12-24 punds a year is great, I don't think 80+ pounds in a year will be attainable.

BUT, I am going to try my best, and hopefully prove the Dr's wrong!!!!!

Someone else started a similar thread to yours a few months back and I have been slowly but surely been working my "weigh" to being fabulous at 40!! For me I am running out of time because I will be 40 in 10 days....lol, but I am so close to my goal I can taste it!!! Won't be long now and although I won't make my goal by the time I turn 40 I will be at my goal sometime during my 40th year!!! Great for you for setting a goal, best of luck to you in your quest. And Happy Birthday a little early!!

I noticed your signature on the CB last night. I was going to post to you about it. Those are some AMAZING stats! Congrats!

I just bumped the 40 by 40 thread... we are kind of slow since the holiday but very motivating up to then...

I noticed your signature on the CB last night. I was going to post to you about it. Those are some AMAZING stats! Congrats!

Thank you so much. I've been working at it for a long time. On the other 40 by 40 thread I pledge to lose 20 by 40 in August, I turn 40 next week and I have 2-1/2 pounds to go to meet that goal. So it is one small goal at a time, this way the overall weight loss isn't so daunting. Disney1fan2002, all you can do it take it one small step at a time. PROVE THEM WRONG!!!! Good luck in your quest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter