Custom wedding = bigger PJ...yay :banana:

I love the dress! Very simple and classic. Have you looked at anntaylor.com at their Celebrations collection? They have similar dresses.

Cant wait to see more of what you are planning!

I am going wedding dress shopping today with my mom!:banana: Wish me luck!!!!:wizard:

I hope you had a great time dress shopping and found something! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Good luck with planning the custom wedding! As with the dress shopping, I can't wait to keep reading about your planning!

Ok, so yesterday, my mom and I went to this bridal store. I have a friend that got her dress there and recommended it. She said it was this great place to get dresses for a really great price, and the dresses are new. Well let me just say, it was a HORRIBLE experience for me. I felt like it was a cattle call, the dresses were crammed together and all had plastic bags over them (making it very hard to even see the dresses), and they said they had the particular dress I was interested in available in their store to try on (they looked up the number on their computer), but they were so disorganized they couldn't find it. Here is the real kicker: the dressing room was like one huge room. Everyone just had to get nekkid and try on their dress in front of each other.:eek: Well, I am a very modest person, and this was just not a good time.:eek: :headache: :rolleyes1 ANYWAY....I tried on a few dresses, most of which I despised, and left feeling very overwhelmed and irritated.:scared:

So, today, I decided to give one more bridal store a chance since my mom is going back to Texas tomorrow. Well, the minute I walked into this place I knew it was going to be a wonderful experience. The lady that worked with me was so nice and accommodating. I picked about 4 or 5 dresses, including the one that I have been looking at online for months. It came down to 2 dresses, both very similar and by the same designer. Here is the first one:

Dress #1
Front
dress.jpg

Back
dress1.jpg

Dress #2
Front
dress2.jpg

Back
dress3.jpg

Well, I really LOVED both of the dresses, but in the end dress #2 one for a few reasons. I do not look that good in strapless, plus, I kind of need a little *ahem* support in the bust area, so the halter really looked better on me. Secondly, I am very short-waisted, and dress #2 had more of a drop waist than dress #1. Finally, dress #2 had more of a "V" lower cut back, which is also more flattering on my body type. Both dresses were beautiful, but I am so happy with my dress. Now I just have to start hitting that treadmill and losing the chubb!:eek:

OMG!!!! That 1st shop sounds horrible:scared1:

I'm glad you had a better expierence @ the 2nd place & I can't wait to see pics of you in your dress - I'm sure you'll look FAB:thumbsup2

By the way - Can you give me any tips or pointers on converting to a wishes wedding? - I'm in the process becuase after looking @ our budget we were already over the 10k:rotfl:

you can pm or email me if you prefer: mystii@suddenlink.net

Both dresses are gorgeous! I love the one you picked! And, you need to loose the chubb?? the chubb??whatever! Girl, you are GOREGOUS! And you are going to make the dress look even better!
Congrats, Maggie

Ok, so yesterday, my mom and I went to this bridal store. I have a friend that got her dress there and recommended it. She said it was this great place to get dresses for a really great price, and the dresses are new. Well let me just say, it was a HORRIBLE experience for me. I felt like it was a cattle call, the dresses were crammed together and all had plastic bags over them (making it very hard to even see the dresses), and they said they had the particular dress I was interested in available in their store to try on (they looked up the number on their computer), but they were so disorganized they couldn't find it. Here is the real kicker: the dressing room was like one huge room. Everyone just had to get nekkid and try on their dress in front of each other.:eek: Well, I am a very modest person, and this was just not a good time.:eek: :headache: :rolleyes1 ANYWAY....I tried on a few dresses, most of which I despised, and left feeling very overwhelmed and irritated.:scared:

So, today, I decided to give one more bridal store a chance since my mom is going back to Texas tomorrow. Well, the minute I walked into this place I knew it was going to be a wonderful experience. The lady that worked with me was so nice and accommodating. I picked about 4 or 5 dresses, including the one that I have been looking at online for months. It came down to 2 dresses, both very similar and by the same designer. Here is the first one:

Dress #1
Front
dress.jpg

Back
dress1.jpg

Dress #2
Front
dress2.jpg

Back
dress3.jpg

Well, I really LOVED both of the dresses, but in the end dress #2 won for a few reasons. I do not look that good in strapless, plus, I kind of need a little *ahem* support in the bust area, so the halter really looked better on me. Secondly, I am very short-waisted, and dress #2 had more of a drop waist than dress #1. Finally, dress #2 had more of a "V" lower cut back, which is also more flattering on my body type. Both dresses were beautiful, but I am so happy with my dress. Now I just have to start hitting that treadmill and losing the chubb!:eek:

Beautiful dress!!! and congrats on making your wedding bigger! I feel such a relief having the escape yet still so stressed on what needs to be done, I can't imagine all the extra planning there is with a custom. but dont worry take a deep breath and relax, it will all be worth it in the end!

Courtney - that gown is STUNNING!!!!!! and I absolutely love the deep V in the back...glad you gave it a second try and that your Mom was able to be there. you are beautiful and I'm sure this gown will only enhance that beauty!:hug:

Michelle :cloud9:

Beautiful dresses! I think the strapless would be perfect for you...both are stunning..its about what you are comfortable in. Best wishes on planning. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter