• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$15 per night for no mousekeeping at FOFQ

Wow! I hope they're still offering this when I stay at PO:FQ from Sept 2-10. I'm going solo and I'm someone who tends to use towels more than once (I'm as clean as I'm going to get, there's no reason to need a new towel every day!). While I'm torn because I'm also sort of feeling, "Hey, if I'm paying this much a night, I DESERVE clean sheets each day!" But my more rational mind had me considering telling them to not service my room every day, even before I heard about this. So hey, I'll take the money! :)
I don't believe Disney housekeepers change bed sheets every day. They will make your bed, though.
Denise

I don't believe Disney housekeepers change bed sheets every day. They will make your bed, though.
Denise
I guess that would make sense. I wonder how many times they DO change them for guests staying longer than a couple of days...

I guess that would make sense. I wonder how many times they DO change them for guests staying longer than a couple of days...

I think they change them every 3-4 days. We're usually there for 7 or 8 nights and they get changed once in the middle of our stay. If I want them changed more often, I just strip the bed in the morning before we leave the room.

Wow! I hope they're still offering this when I stay at PO:FQ from Sept 2-10. I'm going solo and I'm someone who tends to use towels more than once (I'm as clean as I'm going to get, there's no reason to need a new towel every day!). While I'm torn because I'm also sort of feeling, "Hey, if I'm paying this much a night, I DESERVE clean sheets each day!" But my more rational mind had me considering telling them to not service my room every day, even before I heard about this. So hey, I'll take the money! :)
You sound like a great candidate for this.

Wow! I hope they're still offering this when I stay at PO:FQ from Sept 2-10. I'm going solo and I'm someone who tends to use towels more than once (I'm as clean as I'm going to get, there's no reason to need a new towel every day!).
This certainly is a good deal for a solo traveler. I'm going Sept 18-22. 4 nights is $60. That's more than ground trans between my home and the airport. Or a cocktail and meal at 50's Prime Time. Or...

This certainly is a good deal for a solo traveler. I'm going Sept 18-22. 4 nights is $60. That's more than ground trans between my home and the airport. Or a cocktail and meal at 50's Prime Time. Or...
Exactly. This could save me around $100 or more easily.

Thought I'd update. We've been here a week now, and haven't missed mousekeeping at all. We bought some toilet cleaner and disinfectant wipes. Have used them each day before heading out. It's only taken a couple of minutes, and haven't minded doing it at all. Have also called down for a change in towels and sheets a couple of times.
It's working out really well for us. We've had a couple of lazy resort days and I've liked the fact I know that I don't have to leave in order for mousekeeping to come in. I also like the fact nobody apart from us has been in the room.
I totally understand that it's not for everyone, but it's working pretty well for us :-)

I'm in that same minority. I take care of laundry, garbage, and making my bed every day at home. I don't want to do those things on vacation. I love coming back from the parks and seeing the clean room. $15/$20 is not enough to even make me stop and think about it. I would probably start to consider it if it was $40....though I would still have them come in at least once during our stay.

Exact same here. Coming back to a freshly made bed, towels and the soap display is what makes it a vacation. If I wanted to come home to an unmade bed and laundry I'd stay home

Stacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter