150 Club...care to join???

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmhall2000 said:
To the "twinkies". :sunny: ..I notice alot of us have similar weight stories...but having the same birthday and month is pretty cool!!!! WHAT A GREAT WAY to turn 40...by being fitter than you were in your 30's!!! Y'all will be an inspiration to me...can't wait to wish you both a Happy Birthday in or near 150's!!! :)

And this half of the "twinkies" HAS twinkies! LOL!

Thanks for the welcome Tara! You were asking about recipes, my main lifesaver is always keeping grilled chicken breasts in the freezer. We grill up about 32 at a time with different marinades or rubs that way when I don't have anything in mind or ready to fix for lunch/dinner I can always have chicken and veggies or a grilled chicken salad. I am trying to eat fish at least 2 nights a week and red meat only once a week because I am trying to get off the BP meds and get the cholesterol down. Ugh, what a drag!

So it is low-fat, low-sodium, low-cholesterol....no fun for me!! :)

Melissa

Just checking in and having a really great day, almost too easy! Makes me wonder what I'll be hungry for later, LOL!

I've been trying to do lots of crunches at home on my AbRoller and am really starting to feel a bit of difference. For someone like me who is really heavy in the abdomen, it is nice to actually see something move when I suck my stomach in, heheee :rotfl:

Sounds like everyone is having a great start to the week, I'm getting all my stuff ready to go to the accountant on Friday as I am self-employed as well. What fun that is!

I'm 35 and will be 36 in Oct and have promised myself that a healthier me is the best present I can give myself. Hope I like it! :)

Tigger, ITA about keeping chix breasts in the freezer, it makes a huge difference when you just don't know what to make for dinner. :confused3

Tara-I love that dancing guy!

zagafi said:
And this half of the "twinkies" HAS twinkies! LOL!

I hope for my craving sake you have twin children and not twinkies in your house!!! :) Actually, I've never been a fan of twinkies but little debbie nutty bars will get me everytime! :)

I vow never to mention junk food again...it's neither encouraging nor inspiring! :earboy2:

Any rubs you like for chicken breasts? and once you freeze them...how do you thaw them out...in the frig or oven? I'm so bad at freezing and rethawing cooked things...I'm sure it's really simple. And fish is hard for me to get in...I'm pretty good at getting tuna out of the can but my kids won't eat the grilled fillets...only the kind with breading on it...and I am too unsure about buying fresh fish...so it seems I have to pick all the breading off and eat the fish...which isn't much....any fish recipes you want to pass along please do!! Salmon is the only thing I've had luck with....I have a dill seasoning from Pampered Chef and I mix it with butter then top it on the salmon and bake until done and flaky.

We had a showing today...so I'm going to have to mention "showing" as a form of exercise...it takes me 60 minutes to do all the bathrooms, vacuum all the rooms, sweep mop kitchen and race to properly make the beds and tidy up...surely that's got to count! :) I got all that done but left my purse on the counter along with my dog leash and the dog bowl out...we try to hide those in case some buyers don't like indoor dogs. Oh well.

Onwards & Downwards gang....oh, I get to go out on Thursday to a restaurant with some gal pals (about a once a year deal) I almost never eat out...what are your favorite meals to eat out and still feel like you're sticking to plan whether it's WW or low-carb.

Oh and when I get to the 150's I'll videotape myself dancing like that dancing guy...I'm working on the moves!

Thanks!
Tara

Here's my absolute favorite marinade for the chicken

Cajun Marinade

½ C olive oil (I have reduced to 1/4 C with good results)
¼ C vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar but white works just fine)
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground hot red pepper
½ paprika
½ tsp black pepper

* If more heat is desired add 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate at least 4 hours. Grill!

Yeild: ¾ cup – enough for 8 boneless skinless breasts

I thaw the breasts in the microwave. And as for fish I use the Gorton's Grilled Fillets, the blacked, garlic butter, and lemon pepper are pretty good. They also have a grilled salmon that's good. If we go out to eat I usually get fish too. No one else here will eat it!

I wish y'all would sprinkle some workout dust on me you seem to do great with it and I am just not into it right now!

Keep up the good work!

Hi Everyone,
It was another good day here, the weather was nice and sunny and decent out so the kids and I went out and played in the snow for about an hour after their naps. I was also able to get on my eliptical machine for about 10 min.,while the knee is feeling better it is not 100% so I am still taking it a little on the easy side.
The diet also when well today, I was able to avoid snacking when I have the kids their snacks which is always hard for me to do. I go back to work tomorrow and then it is easier to stick to my diet.

Tiggerkeeper - Your chicken marinade recipe sounds great, I'll have to give it a try next weekend.

Regina

Thanks for the great recipe...it sounds yummy! can't wait to try it...do you save the marinade and brush it on while grilling or is 4 hours marinating enough? It'll be much tastier than my plain old grilled chicken! :)

Regina...you're doing the right thing...take it slow and focus on the time you can't get the exercise up as much as you want...onto your eating...you can still lose weight without exercise ..you just generally feel better if you can. And make sure you're eating enough...I went through a slump last week with issues with our family pet and other stuff that made me lose my appetite.. I don't think I ever went over 1000 calories a day or even 500 on some...and my scales stalled....eating the right foods and enough of them makes the difference...not to mention water...I'm bad about getting enough..it seems like I drink 32 oz. and stop...need to work on that, too.

Tip of the day...I have a pair of size 10 jeans that hang in my closet along with a size M sweater...I look at that outfit and tell it to "hang in there" I'll be taking you out soon! :) Just visualizing me in them is enough to make it to lunch without snacking...then I have to come back here and check in with you guys to hold me over to dinner! :)

Tara

Well this is my first check-in and I'm 2.6 pounds closer to the 150's. I'm currently down to 172.4 pounds, so only 13.4 pounds!!!

Hey Tera, that's great! You'll be there in no time! Where in CO are you? My Dad lives in Vail and we love it out there, such a beautiful state. Now there exercise might come easier for me so much to do! LOL!

Tara, the 4 hours is plenty and I wouldn't use the marinade for basting (safety issues) I have put the breasts and marinade in a Food Saver bag for 1 hours and it has been very flavorful! Guess the commercial are right about vacuum sealing speeding up the marinade time.

If there are any other recipes out there for chicken PLEASE share!!

Have a great day!

Melissa

Thanks Melissa - We're just south of Denver. We've been here almost 8 years and LOVE it. Definitely stuff to do year-round.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

So long 2.6 pounds!!!!

We're here to cheer,
We're here to boast,
150's are near
Let's give a toast!!!!

YEAH TERA!!! YEAH TERA!!!

Tiggerkeeper..for chicken on lowcarb I sometimes will dip a chicken breast in beaten egg then roll it in parmesan cheese....(I flatten out the chicken first) And sautee it in 2 TB olive oil...It's pretty tasty.

Any praying folks out there...we had a second showing today two days in a row from the same prospect..please say a prayer God will deliver an offer. That will go A LONG way in helping me get to goal..if dh and I were living in the same town my excuses for not exercising would diminish greatly. I'm off to do my WATP...haven't had a chance to get the FIRM ones yet...anxious to get them!

ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS!!!
Tara

Maybe I'll join . . .

I started at 275, got down to 194, then back up to 206 after my Thanksgiving, Christmas, daughter's wedding :) :) :), now I am back down to 197.5. I have never dared to think that I could get down to the 150's, but maybe it's time to go for it!

I eat Atkins. I lost most of the weight from Jan 2003 - Jan 2004, and did real well with slow weight loss/maintenance from Jan - Nov 2004. Now I restarted induction, and I have lost 9.5 pounds in 2 weeks - yippee! I will do my darndest to keep it coming off.

I am also exercising on a treadmill now, and I really like it. I also try to walk around the office for every little task instead of sitting and waiting until I have a bunch of stuff to take care of at once. I "bounce" up and down as often as possible.

I was just at WDW 2 weeks ago, and I have to say that I was so much more comfortable and active than when I was 80 pounds heavier. I eben insisted on walking around the resort (SOG) just to see what was there AFTER a whole day in the parks. My sister thought I was nuts, but I felt great!

Good luck to us all!

disboo said:
but maybe it's time to go for it!

YES! DISBOO, YES!!! Welcome and HUGE APPLAUSE For your incredible weight loss already! I think when you lose that much your body needs some time to adjust and just get used to the new size...and if now is the time you feel ready to tackle the challenge again...then we're here for you!!! You and I have practically the same amount to lose...if we stick to plan and moderate weekly losses we should be in the 150's by 4th of July!!! Just think of the celebrating you could do!!! :)

And we'll help all of us stay on track and keep our eyes on the goal...we all will have bad weeks and slip-ups but the key is to make those be fewer and far between...every pound is 4 sticks of butter gone off your body somewhere! :) Every little pound/half pound adds up to a healthier new you!

Tara

Hi :wave2:
I would love to join the 150 club, if that's alright.
I got to Onderland last year, but with a couple of weeks at WDW during the summer and not getting back on plan until the last few weeks, my weight has gone back up. I lost just over 5lbs for the January challenge, so my weight now is 214lbs :sad: .
I really need to get back to visiting WISH more often.
I have a very supportive husband who is trying to loose weight as well, also I have lots of support from my WISH buddy.

Hope everyone is having a great day
Helen

No, no, no, no...that just won't dooo! We can't tear up over something that's in the past...holidays and life get in our path and it's hard to veer around them...it's just a bump in the road and you've come to the right place to CHEER you down to Onederland again and then to 150's!! We've all been there..but don't get discouraged...what a wonderful treat to have a supportive husband who wants to get fit, too...Sometimes my husband and I will have a little challenge between the two of us...we both give up something for 100 days and hold each other to it (mine is french fries and white bread)...and the first to lose 10 pounds gets to spend $50 on something frivolous we'd never buy for ourselves...we can't do that every 10 pounds but it probably would be worth it! :)

Let us know when you dip back into the 200 single digits...that's a huge step toward GOAL!!!

Where is Nottinghamshire? Keep up the great attitude and no fretting about where you've been and where you are now..all that matters is where you'll be tomorrow and the next day...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Tara

Hello my fellow club members! :wave2: How's everyone doing this week? Welcome to the new members!! :wave2: It's great to see this thread so active - I'm looking forward to it being full of people posting that they have hit the monumentous 159 point and telling the rest of what it's like :hyper2: I thought I'd post this link that allows you to check your BMI. I found that at 150 I'll be only .1 from being Normal Weight Wooo- Hooo ! :) Maybe I'll need to rethink my goal at that point. I'll see how I feel when I get there but I can't wait to be there. :)

Just what I needed! Some support and someone to own up to! My name is Terry and I am down to 172. I have lost 8 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. I need to lose weight before our Easter trip and 150s would be wonderful! :) I had my 3rd child over a year ago and I weigh almost as much as I did at the end of pregnancy!!!! I am very sad about my weight since before the pregnancy I lost 40 pounds with WW and started to wear belts with shirts tucked in!!!! I want to say good bye to elastic :blush: and hello belts!!!

I have given up a lot of my soda! I LOVE SODA!!! And started to drink lots of water instead. My downfall is making food for the kids and picking off their plates or not wanting to waste!! SO IT GOES ON MY WAIST! :sunny: I am learning!

Thanks in advance for listening and I will keep watching this thread! What a great idea!! :grouphug: Good luck to all!

I'm in! I'm trying to make the 160's by the end of February and then onward to 150's. I'll be back on the treadmill tonight knowing I have a lot of people trying just as hard as me. Keep up the great work everybody! :cheer2:

Terry...rule #1...you can't feel bad about how or when you got where you are...you're BEAUTIFUL, STRONG, DETERMINED and FOCUSED!!! AND WOW!!! 172 is just 13 pounds away from the tip of 150's!!! And you'll be tucking in those shirts before you know it! In fact, I encourage you to buy an outfit you can tuck in for your Easter trip! :) And even if you have a no-loss week remember to measure inches....sometimes the scale won't move but you're still SMALLER!! And the way I look at it..there should be a 2 year rule for losing that baby fat! :) For me it's the 5-6 year rule! :) But at whatever juncture you're at you're at the right place for encouragment and support...lots of that going on here....we all want to hear that 150 Bell ring!!! :)

4togo!!! YES YOU CAN MAKE IT TO THE 160's by March 1st!!! Stay focused on feeding yourself well...getting your heartrate up for a good 30 minutes or more...and focusing on getting healthy...not necessarily a number....although we're the 150 club we're setting a range of 150-159 because just getting there and staying there or going lower proves that you've made healthy changes that will last you for years to come! Welcome! And can't wait to post your updates as you lose those pounds!!! :)

Have a day trip tomorrow...here's hoping I can avoid the urge for fast food driving 3 hours there and 3 hours back...loading my cupholders with water! :)

ONWARDS & DOWNARDS GANG!!!!

Tara

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter