$1500.00 Lighting package with DJ?

Muzby

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have just started looking at pricing out our 20th year vow renewal. I am hoping someone has used the DJ with lighting packages in their Wishes planning and can tell me what the lighting portion of this package contains. Is that whole room up lighting? I would really love to use up lighting for our dinner with slowly changing colors. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I typed in DJ and searched but came back with no results. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

The lighting package that comes with the DJ includes just the basic lights that shine on the dance floor. Uplighting and pin spotting cost extra. If you will be using a convention center location, you can hire outside vendors for lighting, linens, chairs, etc. Most people save about 50% on Disney's prices for lighting. You can hear a bride talking about using outside vendors for lighting and decor on this podcast episode: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2012/05/23/magic-kingdom-ceremony-spotlight-michelle-manny/

Carrie,
Is that the same for Atlantic Dance Hall? I know they already have lights installed for open dance nights. Didn't know if we have to pay more to use more lights?

Thank you & absolutely love your book! It's like my Disney wedding bible :)

So glad you're finding it helpful! :goodvibes

The DJ price is higher at Atlantic Dance Hall and includes lighting for the dance floor, head table, and cake table, plus 2 gobos of your choice.

If I remember correctly (and Lurkyloo can correct me if I'm wrong), I think the package for ADH is about $1950. So, it's certainly more expensive, but not horribly so, since you're getting more for that price.:thumbsup2

I just read price for DJ doubles in December which is when our vow renewal is. So that means 3,000.00 for 3 hours? I'm shell shocked! If I go with an outside vendor for my DJ do I still pay the 950.00 fee and what is that for? I hope that does not double in price as well. I might as well hire a 3-4 piece sting for that price. Anyone know why or a way around this?

So glad you're finding it helpful! :goodvibes The DJ price is higher at Atlantic Dance Hall and includes lighting for the dance floor, head table, and cake table, plus 2 gobos of your choice.

Hmm I am having mine at ADH and asked if Gobos were included and was told no. Right now I don't have a planner so I'll confirm when I finally get assigned a new one.

I just read price for DJ doubles in December which is when our vow renewal is. So that means 3,000.00 for 3 hours? I'm shell shocked! If I go with an outside vendor for my DJ do I still pay the 950.00 fee and what is that for? I hope that does not double in price as well. I might as well hire a 3-4 piece sting for that price. Anyone know why or a way around this?

If the information I have read is correct, the DJ price only doubles on Friday & Saturday receptions. I don't have that directly from Disney's mouth though, so it may be incorrect.

As twinkybel81 posted, it really only doubles for weekend weddings in December. And yes, unfortunately, if you go with an outside vendor, you still have to pay the $950 fee. But it's moot because Atlantic Dance Hall doesn't allow outside vendors.

You can bring in an outside DJ, but only to Hotel/Ballroom locations. In the parks or ADH, you must use a Disney DJ. The $950.00 entertainment fee applies for outside DJ vendors, and that is for staging set-up, dance floor, basic lighting package, and labor to set all that up.

The advantage to using a Disney DJ is that "entertainment fee" cost is built-in, and the entire cost goes toward your minimums. By using a Disney DJ, you are getting a known performer that works all the time with Disney and their staff. And yes, the $950.00 fee for outside DJ vendors always applies, even for Fridays and Saturdays in December.

The higher premiums in December is a perfect example of "supply and demand" in the Orlando market. Fridays and Saturdays in December are simply very busy times for DJs in Central Florida, and availability is very tight.

Hope this helps!

Yes. You still pay the $950. However, an outside DJ can bring lighting and etc at much better costs. My DJ lists his pricing for uplighting at 20 lights for $500. Disney's price for 12 was $1250. Always investigate what you are getting. It can save you a lot of money.

BTW My outside DJ for 5 hours does not meet the Disney costs even with paying the additional $950 fee. Still saving quite a bit of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter