C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Went in our spare room and looked around and saw this game that I have - "Quizzard". Just for the heck of it I looked it up on ebay and if I'm reading this thing correct the top bid right now is $25!!!!! This is the same game I was going to put out in a garage sale for $2!!!

This is how it reads - please tell me if I am right..

Currently $25 First bid $8.99
Quantity 1 # of bids 6
Time left 3 days 5 hours +

Could this game REALLY be up to $25???? If so, I better figure out how this ebay stuff works and FAST!!!!!

Thanks for any info you can share! :)

C.Ann,

I have sold things on ebay for as much or more than I paid them on occasion. For example, my daughter shows horses. Fortunately, we are near a Vanity Fair Outlet which carries Wrangler products. I've been able (on several occasions) to buy at a discounted price, have her show in the item until she outgrew it, and then put it up for auction on ebay. Generally, I've done well - definitely much better than a yard sale! The only negative is the time involved in listing each item. If you have several things that are only in so-so condition (shirts, etc.), consider marketing them as a "lot".

Good luck!

Yes, things can sell for quite a bit on ebay. Although ebay is such a popular site, I prefer Yahoo Auctions. My experience with ebay involved people who bid and do not pay (watch out for those with low feedbacks).

Yahoo Auctions give you the alternative to block problem people from your auctions, they can't retract as easily and you can select a minimum number of feedbacks as a requisite before they bid. Their insertion and selling fees are not as ridiculous as ebay's either, so people may want to look into it.

Check the completed auctions for it and it will tell you how much they have finally sold for in the past. Remember you also have ebays fees coming off that. And don't forget to add in shipping.

That is how I earn extra spending $ for my trips. It is fairly simple and the site will explain everything to you. If you have or have access to a digital camera, things seem to sell much better and for a higher price when you include pictures. You will be amazed at the $ you can earn. Give it a try!

with money earned from ebay auctions! As a stay-at-home mother of 2, I had to find a way to creatively make money for the necessities (such as a WDW trip every couple of years). Not only was I able to make enough money for the four of us (dh, daughter 5, son 2) to stay, but we are also taking my sister, bro-in-law and their two (ages 3 and 1) with us--staying onsite at the Boardwalk for 8 nights! I'm living proof it can be done!

I have sold things on ebay & recommend it. Just click on to the tab at the top that says "selling" and follow the instructions. You do have to register though, if you are not already. If you are good with a digital camera, it greatly enhances your chances of selling - some people will not buy what they cannot see. Good luck and thanks for the idea - perhaps I'll try it to to help raise some funds.

We sell items on ebay too. I get a lot more for my daughter's clothes when she out grows them than in a
yard sell. I once sold a Little Mermaid twin size bed ruffle (I paid 9.99 at Penney's- and we used it for a couple of years)
to someone in Japan for $30.00 and they also paid a good amount for the shipping. I had this same item in a yard sale a few weeks before for $1.00 and it did not sell. It was still in excellent shape too.

kim

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated..

We only accept cashiers checks or money orders. Sometimes someone will
send a personal check and we usually don't ship their item until the check clears.
I always email them and tell them that too. I don't think it has hurt us at all by
not accepting pay pal, etc. My niece accepts pay pal on her auctions and I haven't
heard of any issues she's had. We just didn't care for it.

kim

I use ebay online payment (billpoint) and have a total seperate checking account just for ebay. It works well and you can actually see how much $ you are bringing in and putting out (shipping, ebay fees, etc.). I was also wondering where most people get their things to sell. I mostly sell things that are NWT and was wondering how much luck people have had w/ thrift store and yard sale things?

If you have any outlet centers near you, try picking up things deeply discounted and reselling them. Obviously high quality items, known brand names and popular toys, fads, etc. will do pretty well. I sold a bunch of jeans I didn't fit into anymore- mostly Gap- and I was amazed at what people paid. I mean, $15- $30 for USED jeans.

I accept paypal, though they take a small percentage. It's convenient to get the money quickly and transfer it right into your bank account. I have a few problems occasionally with non-paying bidders and checks bouncing, but overall the experiences I've had have been good and I've made a lot of money. I used to keep a spreadsheet on my earnings, but ebay keeps changing their pricing structures (going up, of course). A separate checking account is something I've been considering as well. Helps keep it organized.

Between ebay and my change jar, I'm getting back to Disney. The only person in my family that understands my obsession is my sis-in-law, but she can't afford to go with me. We just got back a few weeks ago, so I can't blame her, but.....:) I'm a freak. I want to go back NOW.

I accept both Billpoint and Paypal, but the fees are really getting up there. Along with the listing fee you really have to watch it or you don't make anymore than a Garage sale. Kid's clothes (Designer labels and high quality) do pretty well. As do toys that are hot at the moment as mentioned above. I listed a lot of Liz Claiborne jeans, like new and they didn't even get a bite...maybe it has to do with the size, they were 2-4. I don't know, it's a gamble.

I love ebay! I've been buying and selling since 7/01. I mostly sell stuff I have laying around the house. A good way to get rid of clutter. But I've also sold stuff I've purchased at retail stores. I only accept money orders and personal checks. I wait 10 business days after I deposit their check before I ship their item. The buyer always pays for shipping. With ebay you can block bidders but I don't think you can specify how much feedback a bidder has to have to bid on your item. I deposit the buyer's payment in a vacation savings account. The money to ship the item comes out of my regular checking account. For example I sold a used book for $6.49. The buyer paid $2.00 for shipping. I put his money order for $8.49 into my vacation savings acct. The 2.00 for the post office came out of my regular checking account. I never miss those small shipping amounts and this way your savings adds up faster. Plus you can earn interest. If you do open another checking account make sure you tell the bank you want to open another PERSONAL checking account so you don't have to pay the extra expenses of a business checking account.
Good luck and have fun! :)

Disneymommaof3: what does NWT stand for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter