16 nights of Summer fun - Live Trip Report

i forgot to say= that passholder magic band box is really cool!!!

i thought you said you weren't going to get APs anymore....hmmm...
i must be confusing you with someone else...

given current prices, i would think APs make more sense than ever!!

Chose car with only 5k on clock, its Hyundai Sonata, nice to look at but I think I have to lock with key, must be over 10 years since I locked a car with key:rotfl2:

we had the same moment in october
we always rent a fullsize and choose an Impala. (always with alamo)
In 2012 both cars had a remote. In 2013 every car we looked at in the fullsize lot had keys, no remote.
Looks like they got rid of remotes.

we had the same moment in october
we always rent a fullsize and choose an Impala. (always with alamo)
In 2012 both cars had a remote. In 2013 every car we looked at in the fullsize lot had keys, no remote.
Looks like they got rid of remotes.

we always rent a mini-van from alamo - i try for the ...what's the name...

i think it's a chrysler..i have to look it up...

but anyway, the last time, i went down the aisle looking for low mileage and a back up camera and a super remote (for all the doors)..

they still had that last year..

Impressed you managed to last for MK fireworks on arrival day.

We like doing the Independence Day fireworks at MK on the 3rd and then the special Illuminations at EPCOT on the 4th :good vibes

Looking forward to hearing more about Taveres - had to look at Google to see what was so interesting :thumbsup2

Great pics. Love the one of you and karen. Cracking shot. I would end up cricking my neck lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'll be following along eagerly as a countdown to the end of term! Always love your live TRs Wayne. Such a shame we won't catch up in person this year.
Thankfully we can avoid the main school hols :goodvibes

Enjoy Tavares. If you get chance, we also recommend Mount Dora for a visit and a boat tour down the Dora Canal. In Mount Dora, Cody's on 4th is a nice little place for lunch and free wifi.

We usually take a trip out to Tavares and a walk by the lake. We used to do regular train journeys (Orange Blossom Cannonball) from there but they don't do them as often as they used to - the track to Mount Dora was in need of repair but could be fixed by now. The sea-plane landing stage, which has been going since the thirties, is interesting. I look forward to reading how they celebrate my birthday ;)
Only enough time for Tavares today but we are planning to return in September for an event they have on http://www.riflesrailsandhistory.com/aboutrrh.html Hopefully see more of the area.

i am sooooooooooooo jealous you got to see the 4th of july fireworks...
i LOVE them....
assuming they're still the way they did it back when we were there...
with all the patriotic songs...
i always always always cry during that part...
(sap sap sap sap sap...yes, my middle name)..

love walgreens - always our first stop after our first visit to the parks!!

I am sure most of us had a tear in our eyes tonight, amazing.:thumbsup2

Tee Hee, that's Hyundai for you, we had a 2012 i10 and had to use a key! have just replaced it with the 2014 new gen model and its remote now, thankfully!

Glad you had a safe journey and security went well! My DH passport doesn't have a chip (and i've checked a hundred times that it's ok as it was renewed just before they changed over!) so we can't use the kiosks so we will have to be in the long line when we go in October.

Have an amazing time :goodvibes
This Sonata is 1 month old :confused3
Kiosks can be used with any UK passport, only criteria was you had to have an ESTA.

i thought you said you weren't going to get APs anymore....hmmm...
They are still valid until the end of this month then not renewing.

Great photos and not as mad busy as I thought it would be
It was crazy busy, can't really see from pics.

Impressed you managed to last for MK fireworks on arrival day.

We like doing the Independence Day fireworks at MK on the 3rd and then the special Illuminations at EPCOT on the 4th :good vibes

Looking forward to hearing more about Taveres - had to look at Google to see what was so interesting :thumbsup2

I love Disney fireworks but tonights at Tavares were better than MK last night. Probably about best I have seen, on a par with NYE in EPCOT.

Hope you have a great trip. The lack of a remote is baffling! And the fireworks sound amazing. There were some down the road from us to mark July 4th in New Ross as it's where JFKs family came from.
Hope the crowds slacken off a bit for ye. Looking forward to reading along.

The September event in Tavares looks interesting. We viewed a 2 bedroom apartment in nearby Mount Dora overlooking the lake about 10 years ago. I was tempted - it had great sunset over the lake views - and it was around £90k. Shortly after, prices shot up in Florida! No regrets though.

I'm sure you'll find many interesting places to visit when that AP runs out :thumbsup2

looks like you're having an amazing time!

Did you use Alamo save time and go straight to the garage? Did it work okay? I just did the save time process and printed my barcode but it says I have to go to desk first... :(

The September event in Tavares looks interesting. We viewed a 2 bedroom apartment in nearby Mount Dora overlooking the lake about 10 years ago. I was tempted - it had great sunset over the lake views - and it was around £90k. Shortly after, prices shot up in Florida! No regrets though.

I'm sure you'll find many interesting places to visit when that AP runs out :thumbsup2
Wanting to visit places like New Orleans, North Carolina, Graceland, San Fran, Washington and many more so we said the only way is to stop the AP's, they tie us to Florida.

looks like you're having an amazing time!

Did you use Alamo save time and go straight to the garage? Did it work okay? I just did the save time process and printed my barcode but it says I have to go to desk first... :(

Yes did Savetime with Barcode, I also did OLCI but had no barcode. bypassed the long line even they paperwork said I had to go there. Chose car and drove to exit, handed over paper with barcode (which she scanned) licence & credit card. She asked if I wanted to return full or empty, I said full, and she printed contract with no need to sign. I checked it said estimated charges were $0 and we were on our way. Great service, just need to remember to pick a car with remote in future:rotfl2:

Wanting to visit places like New Orleans, North Carolina, Graceland, San Fran, Washington and many more so we said the only way is to stop the AP's, they tie us to Florida.

and in my view, central florida is a pretty horrible place other than the theme parks.
my dream is to cover the entire lower 48 by car and visit every national park.
(well actually, 47, since i have no interest in florida - seen plenty of it to last more than a lifetime)
and then once i'm done with the lower 48, i'll move on to alaska.....
a girl can dream :)

Great day yesterday in Tavares, on our way stopped to take a pic of a church, we are not a religious family but love architecture, this was stunning all in white, also looked great all light up on our return journey later in the evening.
Arrived around 2pm, so quiet, saw there was a train in the station so took pics, then went for lunch at the Ruby Street Grill, all enjoyed it and will no doubt eat there again if we return.
After lunch we had a walk around Wooton Park, only a small park but busy with childrens activities starting off the 4th July celebrations. We passed time on until the 5pm parade, now the crowds started to arrive, the parade was a chance for all politics and police to have a showcase, lots of floats, banners and leaflets asking for votes as well as celebrating July 4th. It was great to see.
After the parade we went to the lake front to grab a spot to watch the fireworks at 9pm, by 9pm there was hardly a piece of grass available. 8:50pm the national anthem and flag raising, 9pm fireworks which went of to music like Katy Perry Fireworks, Born in the USA, etc fantastic music & display, highly recommend anyone to go see if there on July 4th.

Great photos, hope you enjoy the rest of your trip:goodvibes

that's a mormon temple Wayne...they often have very interesting, striking buildings - the one in washington DC is unbelievable.....we always called it oz - it's that striking!! (at least we think so)..

there's a picture on their website, but it doesn't do it justice
https://www.lds.org/church/temples/washington-dc?lang=eng

here's another one..
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/washington/gallery/download.php?id=2176

but i couldn't find anything taken from the vantage point of the beltway - when you come around the bend and see it in the distance.....it's oz.....

and speaking of mormons, if you haven't seen it, the Book of Mormon is great!! (the musical i mean)

but i digress.....LOL..

nice 4th pictures! :thumbsup2

coming back to add the one you saw:
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/orlando/

Have added Tavares to our today list. Sounds like the 4th July fireworks were special .

Love the seaplanes :goodvibes

Have added Tavares to our today list. Sounds like the 4th July fireworks were special .

Love the seaplanes :goodvibes

I thought seaplanes were reasonable when renting for 3 people. They do anything from 10min trips to 1 hour which included flying near the theme parks. Prices started at $34.

Just been mulling over doing next 4th July in Tavares over breakfast! When I heard they did 'Born in the USA' too .... well, coming round to the idea even more (as a Boss fan that is, even though the song itself is hardly patriotic despite its title). If we do it, it would have to be a 2-centre holiday; because I fear it's too busy and too hot even though we probably wouldn't enter a theme park.

Love the Tiki Bar Crawler pic - they are a common sight at German events - I suppose as long as the guy at the controls is sober all is legal :)

When I heard they did 'Born in the USA' too .... well, coming round to the idea even more (as a Boss fan that is, even though the song itself is hardly patriotic despite its title).

Yes. The song is widely misunderstood.

We were lucky enough to hear Bruce sing it live in Tampa back in May. One of the highlights of our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter