• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

168 days ago I weighed 170 lbs today I wieght 217

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
:scared1: :eek: :mad:

But I am smoke free :confused3 :sad2: :sad1: :scared:

So here I am. Trying to get my eatting under control, which at this point is still an uphill battle because quite frankly I would kill someone I dont like for a smoke right now, even 168 day in...

Gaining such an emormous amount of weight in such a short time hurts lol. I cant bend, I cant run, my ankles are sore, back hurts. bleh

So here I am.

My Plan....

1) Start moving
2) Be a conscious eater
3) Read here, join in the challanges get inspired

Congratulations on Quitting smoking! My mom quit after smoking for over 30 years. She was reluctant at first. In fact we had to stick the patches in the middle of her back so she couldnt reach them to take them off and she was afraid to smoke with them. Now she is perfectly fine even arouund other smokers. She does admit that she physically feels better now.

As for all that weight gain i have a story that would make you sick.

I used to weigh (are you ready for it).....98 pounds and a size 0 used to be big on me. And that we just 7-10 years ago! Now I weigh ( i can't beleive I am about to admit this :confused: ) 198 pounds! I now have polycystic ovarian syndrome, all kinds of pains from my weight and pre-diabetes and am still sitting here dying to order some fajitas from the mexican place down the street. I am at work fron 8:30-7pm ( i do alot of overtime-need the $) by that time I have to go home and cook dinner and get my kids to bed. I have a membership for lucille roberts that I hardly every use. And I am having such a hard time making my husband understand I need his support on this to help motivate me. I am starting with little things like bringing my lunch, drinking more water and less soda and taking a walk at lunch. I also read that sitting up straight instead of slouching helps burn a little bit of calories so I am trying that too ( hey everylittle bit helps).

Anyway keep up the great work. We'll get there eventually.

HUGE Congrats on quitting smoking!!!! That is one tough thing I haven't had to do, but I really admire those that do it!

Come on over & join the exercise challenge. Even a little movement helps!! One day at a time!!!

Congrats on kicking the habit! Thats a huge step! :banana:

I am not a smoker, but I have been told that exercise keeps the urge at bay. So hay, 2 for 1. Keep yourself from killing someone and get in shape! ;)

WTG on quitting smoking! I quit Jan 30th of this year and know how difficult it can be. No matter what the scale says, you keep on telling yourself that you have accomplished something fantastic! (because you really have!)

Do come join some of the challenges. I've found them to be a huge help. Just knowing you're going to report back with what you've been doing keeps you motivated to keep going. I've been able to make exercise a part of my life, and by signing up for the Biggest Loser challenge I am hoping that I can start watching what I'm eating more carefully. A year ago if someone told me I'd be an ex-smoker, exercising regularly and signing up for the Biggest Loser challenge, I'd have told them they're crazy. Funny how things have a way of changing!

:jumping1:
Congratulations!

Quitting smoking can be so horribly difficult....so, if you can do that, you can definetly lose the weight!!!

party:party: party:

Congratulations! I love the ticker in your siggie.

Seems like you've got a good plan to get your new lifestyle going.

You take it one step at a time and you will get there. Never give up.

Congratulations on stopping smoking - that is a accomplishment to be proud of.

I can feel your pain with the weight gain - I lost 75 pounds about 2 years ago and have gained it all back - I am so disgusted with myself. But I am back, doing weight watchers again and joining the gym tonight.

Hang in there - you can do it - we're all here to help!!!

Margaret Thatcher said "you may have to fight the battle one than more to win!!!

Tammy

But I am smoke free :confused3 :sad2: :sad1: :scared:

My Plan....

1) Start moving
2) Be a conscious eater
3) Read here, join in the challanges get inspired

Woot!!:banana: :banana: Smoke free is awesome!

And how great that you are able to make a plan and start on stage II already! You are one strong and courageous person! Here's cheering for you!:yay: :cheer2:

I dont feel like I am a strong and courageous person, I feel like a totally out of control fat blob who wants a smoke.

Still trying to work up to the Day one of Moving... so far it's all talk and no walk :sad1:

I did sign up for the Biggest loser thing here on the WISH boards, so I hope that will help me get motavated. Right now though I am working my way through a family size bag of twillzers, and thinking about just going to bed early tonight to end the day :-(

I dont feel like I am a strong and courageous person, I feel like a totally out of control fat blob who wants a smoke.

Still trying to work up to the Day one of Moving... so far it's all talk and no walk :sad1:

I know the moving thing is really hard. Try and make even the slightest changes. For instance if you have a certain TV show you like watching, try just getting up and doing something during the commercials (i.e. sit-ups/crunches, bicep curls with weights (or cans of soup if you don't have weights), lunges, marching in place etc.

This has worked for me. Once you get started you will find it easier to add in a walk or something in the evening.

Best of luck!

I know the moving thing is really hard. Try and make even the slightest changes. For instance if you have a certain TV show you like watching, try just getting up and doing something during the commercials (i.e. sit-ups/crunches, bicep curls with weights (or cans of soup if you don't have weights), lunges, marching in place etc.

This has worked for me. Once you get started you will find it easier to add in a walk or something in the evening.

Best of luck!

That is such great advice! The hardest part is just to get yourself to do it!!!!! But, once you do, it gets easier! :yay: The more you move, the better you feel!

You can do it! We all can do it! :dance3: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter