• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

17 days until Thanksgiving!

Jiminy102

<font color=blue>The TF is busy trying to tag peop
and I have no idea what to make!!!!! Ok so I also have ot get back on plan as well!!!!! ANy ideas???

Why not try a total departure from the usual feast? Pick one of your favorite legal foods, and make a feast of that. Or several of your favorite legal foods.

I am struggling with this issue. I had intended to do just that, and my DB called and invited himself and his family to spend the Holiday with us. (It's how we do things, so I'm not at all put off. Actually, I'm so glad we get along well enough to be able to act like that.:p One thing I am THANKFUL for. )

Anyway, here's my dilema: DH wants to stay here. DB offered his house. My DH and kids are all over the Fishermans Stew bit as are DB and SIL, but they don't think their kids will like it. So the easiest thing would be for us to go there. SIL could make what her kids want, and I could bring the stew. But DH doesn't want to spend the night there. :rolleyes: If they come here, I'll have to fix stew and a somewhat traditional meal! (Traditional Thanksgiving dinner isn't at all portable, so SIL couldn't exactly make it there and bring it here.) So, do I just make both? (The consensus is that everyone wants to be at my house) I don't think with the stew around, I'd be at all tempted to indulge in the rest. Also, I could get a jump on the whole turkey soup bit.

Well, as I work through this, it seems like that will be the plan. Now I have to figure out what to do when my sister finds out and wants to drag her tribe down here to Hoosierville, as well! :p
It will be interesting having 14 people in one house. Oh well, it's all good!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Since you do WW's, you could make a list of all the things you like to have at Thanksgiving. Then do a search on the internet for lower fat ways to prepare them. I plan on having everything we normally would eat. This is my new way of life, and there will be a Thanksgiving every year. I have to learn to fit it into my life, not deprive myself and enjoy the Holiday with my family. I plan on having all the normal things. Just eat them in moderation and where possible use less fattening ingredients.

Turkey
stuffing
green bean casserole
whole cranberry relish
candied yams or sweet potatoes (not sure on this one yet- I am going to try to search for a lower fat recipe, or maybe just make myself a regular sweet pottato. I am the only one who likes this.
mashed potatoes
low fat gravy (found a recipe on dotties weight loss zone.)
pickles & olives
Pumkin pie
homemade bread

I will eat light prior to this day, so I have some flex points left.
I really want this to prove to me that I can do this within my points, and really enjoy it.

Good luck,
Maybe we can start a thread with lowfat Thanksgiving day recipes.

Melanie

No plans for anything here, 16 days until we leave for Disney!! :) I am just a little too excited! LOL
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Cheat FREE for ME until Thanksgiving! And then I will just eat small portions of all of the foods that I love for that ONE DAY.

I made it thru DAY ONE!

szcheatfree01.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter