• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

17 People Six Rooms Questions

DisneyMomJen

DIS Veteran
Platinum member here. For Christmas I decided to take my whole family on a 3 night cruise over Memorial weekend on the Magic. Really wanted to do the Dream but this is the only time everyone can make it and I want to do this soon due to my Dad's health. I have a few questions. My immediate family (6 of us) are all Platinum with 20 cruises. The way I have the 6 rooms booked, 4 rooms have a platinum person. I want all of us to be able to walk on the ship at the same time announcing our family name (pretty much for my Dad) and at our earlier check-in time. Should I move a platinum member to each of the other two non platinum rooms? Also thinking that in case we do Palo, if there is a Platinum person in each room we would all be able to do Palo at no charge. Not sure if we will since it is only a 3 night cruise. I just don't want to make things too confusing with room keys for charging and getting on and off the ship. Also, I think I read there is a Cabana on Castaway for 16. Is there one for that many people, how hard is it to book and would you know the cost?

Thanks in advance!

I think it's wonderful that you are doing this and I hope you make great memories.

I've only cruised once, so your experience should prevail over my guessing, but: I would try calling the cruise line or your travel agent and let them know that this is a special occasion, all the cabins you're traveling with, and ask if they could accommodate you all boarding together etc without having to put a platinum member on each room. Again, I'd hope they would be like the airlines - I have top status and when my family flies with me, they get the benefit of that status.

As for the cabana, if this is big trip and your dad's health would need it, you should definitely get the cabana. You're never going to look back and think, Dad would have been ok without and I regret spending the money.

Platinum member here. For Christmas I decided to take my whole family on a 3 night cruise over Memorial weekend on the Magic. Really wanted to do the Dream but this is the only time everyone can make it and I want to do this soon due to my Dad's health. I have a few questions. My immediate family (6 of us) are all Platinum with 20 cruises. The way I have the 6 rooms booked, 4 rooms have a platinum person. I want all of us to be able to walk on the ship at the same time announcing our family name (pretty much for my Dad) and at our earlier check-in time. Should I move a platinum member to each of the other two non platinum rooms? Also thinking that in case we do Palo, if there is a Platinum person in each room we would all be able to do Palo at no charge. Not sure if we will since it is only a 3 night cruise. I just don't want to make things too confusing with room keys for charging and getting on and off the ship. Also, I think I read there is a Cabana on Castaway for 16. Is there one for that many people, how hard is it to book and would you know the cost?

Thanks in advance!
I have a similar situation for an upcoming cruise. 11 people in 4 staterooms. 4 of us are platinum. I am booking one platinum member in each room so we can book reservations and do on line check in for all rooms at the same time. I'm assuming this will get everyone a complimentary meal at Palo as well. I know that once we get on the ship we can get additional room keys so everyone can access the room that they will actually be sleeping in, which in our case is just shifting a couple of people around.

You'll need a Platinum CC member in each stateroom if you want the same perks for all staterooms -- not just boarding together and Palo, but booking onboard activities, excursions, etc.

The Grand Cabana can accommodate up to 16 guests. The base price includes 10 guests and then it's an extra charge (maybe $50/pp) for 11 to 16. You have 17? Each body counts (regardless of age) and you cannot "swap" guests for partial days.

Unless your concierge the odds of getting a or multiple cabanas is basically nil.

You’ll need to have a Platinum in each room to be “equal”

I think it's wonderful that you are doing this and I hope you make great memories.

I've only cruised once, so your experience should prevail over my guessing, but: I would try calling the cruise line or your travel agent and let them know that this is a special occasion, all the cabins you're traveling with, and ask if they could accommodate you all boarding together etc without having to put a platinum member on each room. Again, I'd hope they would be like the airlines - I have top status and when my family flies with me, they get the benefit of that status.

As for the cabana, if this is big trip and your dad's health would need it, you should definitely get the cabana. You're never going to look back and think, Dad would have been ok without and I regret spending the money.
Zero exceptions on boarding. Almost every single family is celebrating something or has reasons they want to board together or earlier. Even large families can get 2 different boarding times and it’s always arrive at the later time.

Zero exceptions on boarding. Almost every single family is celebrating something or has reasons they want to board together or earlier. Even large families can get 2 different boarding times and it’s always arrive at the later time.
Oof. Then I would put a platinum member on each room and deal with room keys separately...

Depends...CM's make Magic for people all the time.

Have your travel agent put one platinum in each cabin so everyone can book everything at the same time.
For a cabana for 17, you'll have to get 2 next to each other.

Zero exceptions on boarding.
I agree with a previous poster, CMs make Magic all the time, they’re on the lookout for opportunities to do it.

Our group of 12 were in four different boarding groups starting at 12:15 and ending at 2:00. After explaining our situation to a CM she put us in line and we all entered at 1:00, YMMV.

I agree with a previous poster, CMs make Magic all the time, they’re on the lookout for opportunities to do it.

Our group of 12 were in four different boarding groups starting at 12:15 and ending at 2:00. After explaining our situation to a CM she put us in line and we all entered at 1:00, YMMV.
Good point. Also, if you wait until later, probably 1pm onward, then open boarding will have likely been called, and you can all go together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter