$190 housekeeping charge

This all makes me wish that when the red pillows started walking off the Dream, DCL would have decided to just get rid of the red pillows, instead of charging us $200 if the darn pillow falls off the bed.

On day one I regularly ask and usually have toa rue for the wave phones to be removed from the cabin and get a signed receipt for them now youa re mkaing me thing I need to get the pillow out as well!!

Jacqui

Also, there were several adults in the room along with a 14-year old. Pretty sure they had other stuff under the beds since that is we they would store there luggage and day-to-day wear. So, you take your luggage out, and leave a pillow. And they were hustling to get off the ship because they had misplaced something else.

And DLC is at fault because of an inventory sheet.

So, more than likely they carried their stuff off also, maybe the pillow got in there stuff. A lot of people here are assuming that the facts the OP stated are fact. Would love too, but you never know now days, and neither does DCL.

Been on many cruises and have never run myself so short on time creating this situation.

Who says that DCL did a room inspection and the pillow wasn't there? Then what? Blame DCL again?

Can I ask my room host to remove this overpriced pillow and store it for me during my cruise? I sure as heck don't need it in my room and I don't want to have to worry about its wherabouts for my entire cruise! I'd rather give it back and have it bee safe and sound for my whole trip!

Agree! Every time I check into a hotel I ask to have the basket of snacks removed and the mini fridge cleared- with an almost 3 year old I don't want to take any chances. $200 for a pillow that serves no function is very excessive!

On day one I regularly ask and usually have toa rue for the wave phones to be removed from the cabin and get a signed receipt for them now youa re mkaing me thing I need to get the pillow out as well!!

Jacqui

I wold the sheets, towels, remote, and hanging pictures out too!

Other DISers, how often do you hear this happen. Me, not often. DCL should have the option to bill or write it off, there call. Let the cruiser and the CC work it out. But, I am not just going to jump all over Disney.

Also, there were several adults in the room along with a 14-year old. Pretty sure they had other stuff under the beds since that is we they would store there luggage and day-to-day wear. So, you take your luggage out, and leave a pillow. And they were hustling to get off the ship because they had misplaced something else.

And DLC is at fault because of an inventory sheet.

So, more than likely they carried their stuff off also, maybe the pillow got in there stuff. A lot of people here are assuming that the facts the OP stated are fact. Would love too, but you never know now days, and neither does DCL.

Been on many cruises and have never run myself so short on time creating this situation.

Who says that DCL did a room inspection and the pillow wasn't there? Then what? Blame DCL again?
That pillow is kind of big, I don't know how it could accidentlly end up in their luggage. You'd know if you packed the thing.

WHAT!?!? Pay the bill for a pillow that you just said you believe was misplaced???? That is totally insane! $190 for something overlook, misplaced, but never stolen. That is extreme and you are either rich or from a country that rips off its citizens on a regular basis.

I'm going to assume you quoted the wrong post? If not, you clearly did not understand what I posted.

never saw the pillow on our Magic cruise and it wasn't an issue...unless they are only going to get around to billing me 2+ years later:thumbsup2

never saw the pillow on our Magic cruise and it wasn't an issue...unless they are only going to get around to billing me 2+ years later:thumbsup2
Pretty sure they didn't have those pillows on the Magic 2 years ago. Actually, I'm not sure they have them now, maybe after drydock.

They haven't been on the classic ships that long.

Pretty sure they didn't have those pillows on the Magic 2 years ago. Actually, I'm not sure they have them now, maybe after drydock.

And this is the reason they should have a list of important items that you make sure are in your room when you walk in.

I've been on Dream and Fantasy. Next cruise is booked on Magic. How would I know, when I walk into that cabin that the expensive pillow I've always seen before isn't missing; it's just not supposed to be there?

I'm not faulting DCL for not having an inventory list. I'm just agreeing that it would be helpful.

Now, if they do find that pillow just sitting under the bed, then I would fault their system because they should take at least two minutes to look for the pillow before charging someone $200. But, as far as I recall, we don't actually know that's what happened yet.

We had no red pillows on our 2010, or 2011 cruises on the Magic & Wonder. We did have it on our Oct 2012 Wonder cruise.

I've sailed on the Dream 4 times and the Fantasy 4 times. Never even noticed the red pillow until the last cruise and that was only because of comments about it I had read on this board. I guess it goes with the decor but it isn't all that attractive or special ... and cleanliness is questionable if it's been in a stateroom for awhile. Sorry to be a little OT but I have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that someone would take one or that Disney would charge well beyond a reasonable amount for one. Is there even a note about it like they used to do with the dumb propellor clock (that was always in my way) or the laundry bag.

OP - Have faith that DCL will sort it out.

The opportunity for others to steal the pillow from any stateroom is high. When we were leaving the ship there were stateroom doors left open all along the corridor as the hosts were cleaning the rooms. Most rooms were empty and easily open to others stealing items.:confused:

OK, my 2 cents on this...if it is even worth that ;)

Possible scenario....

The pillow was on the floor under the bed. The room host made up the room but didn't find the pillow and reported it missing (which initiated the charge).

Then either the next group comes in and pillow goes unnoticed (pushed back further under bed, etc) and it is still there...

Or... the room host finds it while cleaning but doesn't report it.

In the later case, the host may not want to report they found it because it may indicate that they didn't clean the room completely when the pillow went missing and they don't want to get in trouble. Or maybe it is a different room host that doesn't know it was previously reported, etc.

In this case, I would hope DCL will give the OP the benefit of the doubt and reverse the charges.

The pillows started to disappear after the Dream's MV. This resulted in DCL putting them for sale in the onboard shop at the price posted clearly. Same thing with the AP butter knives.

Such an interesting thread...

OP saw an item that belonged to someone else, but didn't return it back to the appropriate place (which would have taken seconds to do so), and now has been charged for said item.

It just seems that when it's someone else's money, people aren't careful, but when it's their own money, watch out!

Only so many options, as have already been discussed, as to where the pillow is. At this time though, DCL is looking for replacement value of the pillow, so it is up to OP to work that out with them.

I agree that it would be very helpful for DCL to have an inventory list in the room, but really, is that necessary? I am renting a room for a week, so everything that I find in the room when I check in, except consumables such as: tissue, soap, lotion and brochures, should be in the room when I check out. No inventory list needed as I know that the throw pillows, artwork, furniture and electronics don't belong to me, and so for the week my family and I are there, we take very good care of these items, and we sure as heck make sure they are all there when we leave the room.

Hope OP gets this straightened out, Tiger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter