1900 Park Fare Dinner

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to give a little review of 1900 PF:

This was my 2nd visit for dinner and some of the experience was better, some not:

The buffet was A LOT better than the 1st visit. Everything was fresh and hot and a good variety for all of my family, even the 5 year old.

I was disappointed that on this visit ONLY Cindy and the step-mother were there. :( They both did a GREAT job with the kids (5 yr. boy and 9 mos. girl) but I really wish the sisters and prince had been there. So be aware, they may not always be there (they were my 1st visit).

This trip Cindy did NOT pose with the Xmas tree/mural, which I had done before, but the photographer did a GREAT job with our pictures of the tree/mural. Even made mine our Xmas card this year. :santa:

Overall all, a GOOD experience. :)

Did you ask anyone why there were only 2 characters there? That's highly unusual. I can see them being short 1, but 3? Sounds like they were running late or something. I would have waited to see if they showed up or asked for a partial refund.

The step-mother said there was a problem with the sister's cat.:cat: She didn't have a answer for the prince. We were there for quite a while and when we walked back through after our pictures they still were not there. When I said something to our waitress she said we could come back the next night for PICTURES? I think there is a disclaimer about the characters availability when you book?

The step-mother said there was a problem with the sister's cat.:cat: She didn't have a answer for the prince. We were there for quite a while and when we walked back through after our pictures they still were not there. When I said something to our waitress she said we could come back the next night for PICTURES? I think there is a disclaimer about the characters availability when you book?
There probably is a disclaimer. But 2 of 5 is a failing grade in my book, disclaimer or not. I would email guest services.

Yeah that is very strange that only 2 characters were there. I know that Disney can change the line up whenever they want, but when you book a character meal, you aren't going there for just the food, your paying for the experience to meet the characters. I'm sorry this happened.

That is very strange. We saw that happen during out 2012 trip. Just Cinderella and the Step-mother but before we left they added 2 of the breakfast people. We got to see Alice and Mary Poppins.

There probably is a disclaimer. But 2 of 5 is a failing grade in my book, disclaimer or not. I would email guest services.
Were do you find the email address? I probably will have to wait until after Xmas to do anything about it but I may just do it after all. They should be able to check their records about them not being there and I think I still have my receipt with the date/amount. I had told my DS/DDIL what a "hoot" the sisters were and we dressed-up the baby like Cinderella and I really wanted a picture of her with the prince. After all, the meal only cost like $200.:sad2:

Attachments

• 25158150_10210203996312353_8992415329911210517_n.jpg
    25158150_10210203996312353_8992415329911210517_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Characters are never guaranteed.

This is on every character meal - "Character appearances and entertainment are subject to change."

And meals with face characters are definitely more subject to missing characters as their friends are typically an even more limited pool than the characters in the heads.

I get it's disappointing, but there is not even a number given for Park Fare as to the amount of typical characters.

Characters are never guaranteed.

This is on every character meal - "Character appearances and entertainment are subject to change."

And meals with face characters are definitely more subject to missing characters as their friends are typically an even more limited pool than the characters in the heads.

I get it's disappointing, but there is not even a number given for Park Fare as to the amount of typical characters.
I think it's reasonable to fall back on the disclaimer if one of the regular characters is replaced with someone else. I think it's reasonable to fall back on the disclaimer if one of the characters is a no show. Or maybe if 2 of the characters are a no show. But only 2 characters showing up would not be ok with me and would definitely get an email to let them know I was disappointed and didn't think it was worth the cost of the meal (knowing full well that part of that crazy price is the character experience). Nowhere on property is 2 characters a reasonable showing.

I think it's reasonable to fall back on the disclaimer if one of the regular characters is replaced with someone else. I think it's reasonable to fall back on the disclaimer if one of the characters is a no show. Or maybe if 2 of the characters is a no show. But only 2 characters showing up would not be ok with me and would definitely get an email to let them know I was disappointed and didn't think it was worth the cost of the meal (knowing full well that part of that crazy price is the character experience). Nowhere on property is 2 characters a reasonable showing.

I'm just saying, there is not even a listing of possible characters much less a number at Park Fare so if to for the internet you would never know there were often more than two. Other character meals at least have a "usual characters include". The only alternative with face characters would be non-face characters, and I don't see people being any happier with that at Park Fare for dinner. The alternative would be to close the restaurant, and I DEFINITELY don't see people being happy about that.

I'm just saying, there is not even a listing of possible characters much less a number at Park Fare so if to for the internet you would never know there were often more than two. Other character meals at least have a "usual characters include". The only alternative with face characters would be non-face characters, and I don't see people being any happier with that at Park Fare for dinner.
We had Suzy and Perla fill in for the stepsisters once at 1900 Park Fare. We had Fairy Godmother fill in once for Lady Tremaine. But we've never had less than 5 characters.

It's fine that you would be ok with only 2 characters showing up. I'm just saying I don't agree and I would be complaining. Worst they can say is we're sorry, but leave us alone. But I doubt they will.

We had Suzy and Perla fill in for the stepsisters once at 1900 Park Fare. We had Fairy Godmother fill in once for Lady Tremaine. But we've never had less than 5 characters.

It's fine that you would be ok with only 2 characters showing up. I'm just saying I don't agree and I would be complaining. Worst they can say is we're sorry, but leave us alone. But I doubt they will.

And that's fine to complain, but the bottom line is they will fall back on the disclaimer. Will they try to appease with FP+ or something? Probably, but technically they don't have to do anything.

And that's fine to complain, but the bottom line is they will fall back on the disclaimer. Will they try to appease with FP+ or something? Probably, but technically they don't have to do anything.
Of course they don't "technically" have to do anything. And maybe they won't. But they need to know that people notice and care when they under deliver to this level. So even if they don't "do" anything, the OP is on record letting them know she feels her value was diminished.

There had to have been some serious, serious issues back at character control for only 2 of 5 advertised characters to come out this evening, especially since 1900PF is so good with substitutions. Was the character captain walking around/talking to people about what was happening? Entertainment management knows when situations like this are happening so I would love to know how they tried to handle this this.

It’s worth dropping them a comment just so they know you were disappointed. The best time to mention something was probably when you were still there, but I think feedback is still appropriate.

I wish that I had said more when we were there but honestly I was the only one who really saw the difference. We were so involved with the kids and taking pictures that I just "Let it Go". My kids only knew what I had told them to expect. It did kind of annoy me to pay the $200 (it's was Nana's treat) for something less than I knew was suppose to happen. Disney does a good job of "covering" themselves with the disclaimers and "it is only a request" though. Not sure that's a good thing.:sad2:

I'm just saying, there is not even a listing of possible characters much less a number at Park Fare so if to for the internet you would never know there were often more than two. Other character meals at least have a "usual characters include". The only alternative with face characters would be non-face characters, and I don't see people being any happier with that at Park Fare for dinner. The alternative would be to close the restaurant, and I DEFINITELY don't see people being happy about that.
They would never close the restaurant but they could/would make it a NON-Character one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter