1900 Park Fare or Cape May Cafe breakfast

RobinEJ

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone, I'm going down to disney for my birthday and am trying to plan a nice breakfast with my family. We are all adults now and I was wondering which restaurant buffet do people prefer for breakfast? We've never done a character breakfast, but I think it will be fun! We're staying at the animal kingdom lodge and have our own car, so travel is not an issue. Thanks for any input, Robin

We have done both. We just did the cape may one on easter day. I posted a review and it was not a good one. Our server, betty was terrible, the food was nothing to write home about and goofy wacked me in the side of the face with his very hard nose. It was an accident, but my face was stinging so bad I didnt feel like eating after that. I would definetely go with the grand Floridian. That place is awesome. It can be a little zooey with alot of kids but the food is better and the characters and atmosphere are better. I cant remember who we saw but I know it was mary poppins, alice in wonderland and the mad hatter was going around shouting where is mary etc. I think even dopey or pinocchio was there. I cant remember. We even saw a cast member who was so fantastic at cleaning off the tables. Boy did he entertain us and made cleaning into an enjoyable art form. You will just enjoy taking all there is to see at the Grand Floridian. We even sat in the lobby for a little bit. Next time that would probably be the only one I would consider. We usually dont do breakfast. But my ds know I love mary poppins as you can see from my user name. And we missed her at epcot this time. If she is at the GF next time I am going. Good luck deciding.

I second 1900 Park Fare. I think the food is much better. It is one of my favorite breakfasts at WDW. The other is Crystal Palace.

No characters (except the cast which are pretty "caracterful" folk) but the atmosphere is really fun and good breakfast to boot at the Whispering Canyon at WL...it is so fun!!

I used to be a big fan of teh Cape May--it used to be a "hidden gem". It's gotten more popular, and crowded, and the service has gone WAY downhill.

1900 park Fare has by far the best character meal food at WDW, and the service has always been great.

Anne

I asked the same that same question a while back and I piced Cape May- and then changed my mind from breakfast to dinner which isn't a character meal. I'm still looking forward to it though. :teeth: Character meals can be a lot of fun even without kids. I do know that Cape Mae Cafe has Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale in swimsuits in attendance and 1900 Park Fare has Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, and a friend or two (Tigger, Eeyore or Bert are some of the more common).

Also, speaking of breakfast buffets, Bomma's at Animal Kingdom Lodge is wonderful. It's not a character meal, but still one of my favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter