• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 Park Fare q's

CarrieR

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Wondering two things about 1900PF breakfast -

1) Disney site lists Alice, Poppins, Hatter, Tigger & Pooh as "possible" characters. Are they all five always there?

2) Breakfast runs until 11:50. Considering an 11:45 reservation. Is chatacrer interaction better at that time -as the dining room empties out - or worse as the characters wrap up their visits?

Any feedback would be appreciated. TIA!

1) Disney site lists Alice, Poppins, Hatter, Tigger & Pooh as "possible" characters. Are they all five always there?

2) Breakfast runs until 11:50. Considering an 11:45 reservation. Is chatacrer interaction better at that time -as the dining room empties out - or worse as the characters wrap up their visits?

Any feedback would be appreciated. TIA!

Everytime we have been there for breakfast in the last few years that has been the case however it is always subject to change. On occasion 1 of those characters may do a greet outside in the entrance area rather than walk around inside but it's random.

I think the interaction is the same no matter what time it is. Once they stop seating they make sure you have seen them all and they will eventually leave. I don't find them "rushed" even when they are wrapping up their visits.

We absolutely love the Mad Hatter here - he is so much fun. This is also a great breakfast buffet with a lot of variety (probably the most variety of all the breakfast buffets). Feel free to check out my photos and review below if you haven't already seen it:

1900 Park Fare Breakfast Review & Photos

Thanks! I did this maybe 18 months ago and enjoyed the food - we are not big "character people" so I paid minimal attention. Traveling this fall with friends who ARE big character people and between them have listed Tigger, Pooh, and Alice as priorities (and Poppins as a "nice to have") so I suggested adding on 1900. If the Pooh characters aren't there, we'll be better off at Crystal Palace, I think - so I wanted to make sure they generally all five attended. (I understand things are subject to change.)

I'll check out your review. Thanks for the input!

I can't vouch for the characters exactly since last time we were there was 2012, but the food is IMO the best I ever had at a Disney breakfast. But you already know that.

FYI, if you want freshly made eggs, the chef at the omelette station will make them for you. I wanted 2 over-easy and he was happy to make them for me. I hate those mass scrambled eggs, so I appreciated this.

Characters were Pooh, Tigger, Alice, Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins in her white and red dress.

Last edited:

So glad to read that the food is good. I'm planning our ADRs and will be going to see Poppins, as she was my alter-ego for years.

We went last June for Dinner and Breakfast and enjoyed the character interaction. We actually got to see some of the characters twice for breakfast as we got there right when they came by and then we saw then right before we left. My wife loved Mary Poppins and I enjoyed the Mad Hatter as he sat next to me and made several jokes.

My wife and daughter are going again for Dinner in July to see the Stepmother and Stepsisters.

Last we were there in November they had Hatter outside in the hall with a photopass photographer. :sad2:

Due to the nature of the people that are friends of the characters and there being times when they simply can't appear, there is no character meal where any character is ALWAYS there. They are always, every single time, every single character, every single meal, possible characters listed. There are times, rare they may be, when any character can be absent.

We have been several times now since 2012, and it's always been them. It's a tradition for us.

Thanks Ang - I should have said "usually" or "typically." What I meant is "are these five the regularly scheduled set" in pursuit of finding out whether it's typically all five or they just pick 3 or 4 from the list.

I think in the hall would be okay, as long as they get the M&G. I kinda wouldn't mind it being the hatter... that guy is LOUD!

And yes, the food's delish!

We've always had these characters and the interactions are great. They tend to visit more than once during your meal. Servers have always asked us if we met everyone too.

Mad Hatter is a great character meet. My DD gets freaked out by him but man he's good.

Food has always been good as well. We've done the late meal to have more of a brunch. No issues with food or character timing. I actually like it better since it's less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter