1900 Park Fare- Worth the Trip?

stickeymouse

DIS Veteran
After reading recent posts about breakfast options, I'm intrigued by 1900 Park Fare. It would be nice to experience something new, at least in terms of breakfast buffets, and the unique characters here make it that much more enticing (I am not huge on character interaction, but the thought of Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter wandering around at breakfast sounds awesome!).

The only issue is that we are staying at the Boardwalk. We would likely take an Uber, taxi, or Minnie Van to the Grand Floridian one morning before heading to the Magic Kingdom (via the monorail or boat). Is it worth the extra stop to go to 1900 Park Fare? Is the food just as good as what we would find at the Crystal Palace? Thanks!

I haven't eaten at Crystal Palace but 1900 PF remains my fave character breakfast buffet and I've done Ohana, Chef Mickey and Akershus for breakfast. The food is a little bit better, and they are my favourite characters and were the sweetest to my daughter. Make time for it!

We have done them all, and Park Faire remains the favorite. To our opinion, the food is always fresh, a little different, the chefs and staff friendly, and we love love love the Mad Hatter!

IMO, the food is better at 1900 PF. It's been years since I ate at the Crystal Palace, but they didn't have an omelette station when I did.

1900 PF does, and the chefs are happy to make you fresh fried eggs--sunny side up, over easy or scrambled--whatever you want.

Getting to the GF is easy. Take the resort bus to Magic Kingdom and then the monorail or resort boat.

We did both of these breakfasts on our April trip this year. Hands down, 1900 Park Faire was best. If I had to describe it in one phrase, I would call it an "adult character meal". The food options are delicious and well prepared. The atmosphere is just a little more subdued than the Crystal Palace, and it is a bit quieter. (In the interest of fairness, there was a three year old in our party, and she totally disagrees with me--she loved CP!)

This is our favorite character meal...and was our favorite meal on our trip last year. It was put the top of our ADR list for our upcoming trip.

1900 PF must be pretty awesome these days. They don't have a single table available for the entire day on 9/29. :sad2:

We did 1900 breakfast on our recent trip. I'd definitely do it again. The strawberry soup and bagel with lox and all the trimmings were worth it alone. That Eggs Benedict needs a bit more sauce though.

I also had my first Mickey waffle after hearing so much about them. It was surprisingly really good. I say that because I thought it was just a standard waffle shaped like a mouse. I didn't expect the dense maltiness of it.

Sorry for the tangent. This is a great spot for a brunch. If you're like me and you build your meal times in as rest times, it would be fine for a park day.

Yes, I think 1900 Park Fare breakfast is superior to CP. Better food, quieter, less chaotic atmosphere and better variety of characters. I would make the extra stop!

Oooooh, I (obviously) love Alice! And the Mad Hatter. Cannot even wait for this breakfast!!!!

So glad you booked the ADR. The breakfast is wonderful. Our first time at Park Fare we were staying at Boardwalk, and had an 8 am adr. We took a cab (prior to Uber being a thing), this was definitely the best choice in getting there. I've only had CP for dinner, so I can't compare the two for breakfast. With that said, I've been to 1900 twice for breakfast and the most recent time (last December) was amazing. The food was fantastic! Red velvet pancakes with cream cheese frosting. Yummo!! Hope you enjoy the experience!

After reading recent posts about breakfast options, I'm intrigued by 1900 Park Fare. It would be nice to experience something new, at least in terms of breakfast buffets, and the unique characters here make it that much more enticing (I am not huge on character interaction, but the thought of Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter wandering around at breakfast sounds awesome!).

The only issue is that we are staying at the Boardwalk. We would likely take an Uber, taxi, or Minnie Van to the Grand Floridian one morning before heading to the Magic Kingdom (via the monorail or boat). Is it worth the extra stop to go to 1900 Park Fare? Is the food just as good as what we would find at the Crystal Palace? Thanks!
Way better than Chrystal Palace and the food is good too! And better character interaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter