1900 Park Fare

pruesmom

Mouseketeer
Can I get some opinions about 1900 Park Fare. Is it worth the trip to the GF and what characters do I expect to see at dinner? Thanks!

Bumping....

....I wouldn't mind hearing about this place too!

This is one of my DD favorite places to eat..for dinner you see Cinderella, the prince, Perla and Suzy the mice also the Fairy Godmother but she is in the hallway. The buffet is good my DH even likes the food and he is picky.;)

We just returned last week and this is where my DD wanted to celebrate her 3 rd b-day. The characters were: Cinderalla, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, the step sisters. Really great character interaction!!!!! The new buffet is not so great, before going i had read several reviews from people who had dined here before the renovation who were less than please witht he new buffet. I went with an open mind but I must admit it was the worst food of the week. The prime rib was just okay, the potatoes were okay, several of the items i tried were just seasoned to heavily. I am a fairly adventursom eater but the seasonings on many items just was not up to par; to much, to little, wrong seasoning. We will go again but not for a while, I want to give them time to amke some changes to the food. If your going for the characters you will have a blast just don't expect much from the food. By the way I am not a buffet snob we actually had the opposite experience at CP, good food and lack luster character interaction.

I loved the breakfast there-both face and usual characters, and great food! It was great for our last breakfast at WDW.

I tend to be on the cynical side and had low expectations going into it. I was pleasantly surprised. I had read the poor food reviews but our family enjoyed the food. Granted the international cuisine buffet approach was a little odd but we must have hit the prime rib on a good night and gorged on that. I thought the salads and soups were great.

The best part was the characters. The stepsisters are over the top and hysterical. Our girls loved it. Even having a fair to middling server didn't affect our overall enjoyment.

1900 Park Faire is a must do for us. I have read some terrible reviews, so I do not know if we have just always hit it lucky or what. But, we LOVE it. We have always gone at dinner and we think the food is excellent. The step-sisters that have been added were hilarious!

I hope this helps:)

I am taking my DD to 1900 Park Fare for dinner on 11 May. She told me she's a little nervous to meet the Step-mother and Step-sisters. They are not too scary are they? :confused3 She's 6. I told her not to worry, that they won't be mean.
I'm excited to see them ;)

It has been 2 years since our dinner there and today my daughter was STILL talking about the chilled strawberry soup! She desperately wants to go back there and have it again.

Honestly, the food was very good and I feel that 1900 PF has a more relaxing atmosphere than either Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's.

The characters look so interesting -- we have never met the evil stepmother or stepsisters before -- that would be 3 new pages for the autograph book!

We enjoyed 1900 PF. I was skeptical about the food but my DGD wanted to meet the Stepsisters so we went. The food was good, it was a buffet and pretty good for a buffet. The characters were worth the price of admission for us. We laughed more there than on any other meal.

I am taking my DD to 1900 Park Fare for dinner on 11 May. She told me she's a little nervous to meet the Step-mother and Step-sisters. They are not too scary are they? :confused3 She's 6. I told her not to worry, that they won't be mean.
I'm excited to see them ;)

I didn't get a chance to meet them at 1900 PF, but I have met them in the parks and the sister are A LOT more funny than mean and the stepmother doesn't say much but just looks down at you, kind of intimidating, but not mean.

The characters were some of the best face characters we have seen. My then DD 4 and DD2 loved them. They were not at all scary and more funny than anything even the step mother. The food was good nothing extremely great but definately worth the trip. We will be making a trip for dinner and breakfast during out trip in december.

I must admit, we went there for breakfast just because of Mary Poppins. the food was delicious!! We are booked for dinner this time, and my dd does not know the step-sisters will be there. I had a friend make the dress as I could not find one anywhere under about 200.00 (who would pay that much for a costume)

my photobucket is not allowing me to copy a picture. i will update later with pic woo hoo, it worked

disneyvacation163.jpg

We went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner and it was delicious!! The characters were Prince, Cinderella, Evil Stepmother and the stepsisters. The stepsisters were a hoot!

In fact, the evil stepmother took my daugther out to the middle of the floor and "grillled" her about her daughters!

Here's some pics from our experience!

100_1035.jpg

100_1031.jpg

100_1032.jpg

100_1030.jpg

100_1027.jpg

100_1024-1.jpg

100_1026.jpg

We also went there for Breakfast....Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh....We loved breakfast as well!

100_0884.jpg

100_0880.jpg

100_0864.jpg

Have a great time!

Can I get some opinions about 1900 Park Fare. Is it worth the trip to the GF and what characters do I expect to see at dinner? Thanks!

I can answer that in two words - Strawberry Soup!! :banana:
For dinner the selections can be quite varied, but one of the reasons I like this buffet so much.

We are going there for breakfast...are the step sisters there for breakfast? I am not a big buffet fan usually so my hopes are never high food wise. Great pix Obsessed!

We ate there end of February 2008 and for breakfast, the characters were Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Tigger, Pooh and the Mad Hatter. No step-sisters. However when we had dinner there, the step-sisters were present along with the Fairy Godmother, Cinderella and Prince Charming. We loved both meals so much that we're doing them again this coming November! :goodvibes

We were there 2 weeks ago. My husband hated the buffet and I thought it was okay because it did have some more unusual buffet choices. We mainly came for my 3 year old DD to see Cinderella. We waited more than an hour for her to make it to our table and by that point DD was tired and not interested. So overall it was a bad experience and I know we wouldn't go back.

We were there last Thursday, 5/1. It was a much anticipated dinner, as my DGD5 adores Cinderella. The Stepmother and Stepsisters were a hoot! One of many favorite moments -- after Lady Tremaine (Stepmother) interacted with DGD for a few minutes, she was done and said (imperiously), "Now sit child!". My granddaughter immediately dropped to the floor at her feet, plop! This from a child that has never listened to her parents in her life! Lady Tremaine had to tell her "On your chair, child!"

So it was great fun, and a must do if your child loves the characters.

That said, the food was indeed mediocre at best. We sampled various things, ranging from OK to not so OK. The prime rib was nicely medium rare, but both mine and DW's prime rib were easily half fat -- great bit gobs of fat. Yuck.

So I recommend it, but just for the characters, not the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter