1900PF vs Ohanas?

1sttimedisneymama

Mouseketeer
Finalizing our plans and this is the last one to decide. It's for the day after MNSSHP and our rest day. We can don1900 at 9am or Ohana at 10:50 am Which would you choose? We are doing a ton of character dining and have this so far:

9/17
Hollywood and vine dinner

9/18
Tusker Breakfast
1900PF dinner
9/19
Crystal Palace PPO
CRT dinner

9/20
MNSSHP
2:15 Brunch Chef Mickeys

9/21
Deciding

9/22
7:30 Cape May
4:45 Garden Grill

9/23
BOG 8:30 breakfast
Crystal Palace 6:10

Wow! I really like going to Ohana, my kids love Stitch and the Polynesian is so nice. I would definitely pick it, especially since you will be at Park Fare for a different meal.

I think I would choose 'Ohana because Stitch is unique to there now. If you want Hatter and ALice, go to 1900 PF. Both meals are good.

I'd pick Ohana as well. its gorgeous....much prettier than 1900 IMO. Its more of a relaxed atmosphere too...you just sit and wait for food/characters.

I see u already have 1900 PF for dinner, maybe ohana would be a good choice to try another restaurant? :)

Thanks! The time worried me (10:50) but I can give lo a snack before we head over! Plus he may sleep in from MNSSHP

I agree and would choose O'hana, also. Be prepared to wait for a bit to be seated. At that time of morning, they tend to get a bit backed up and we had to wait about 40 minutes for a table. They have a TV with cartoons and plenty of space to sit and wait. But, my kiddos got hungry while we waited. It was worth it, though. Very fun!

Maybe keep an eye out for a little earlier of a time slot. (10:00 ish) You still have plenty of time for a different reservation time to pop up.

Oh, I don't think I want to wait that long to get seated with a hungry 2 year old. Guess I can watch for an earlier ADR that day

I think feed your 2 year old in the morning if you plan to wait for Ohana. If ever he does get hungry, you can probably get a snack at aloha isle while waiting. :) I plan to get food from CS at the resort almost every morning for my 2 year old when we go since I have a few late breakfasts and lunches scheduled. :)

Finalizing our plans and this is the last one to decide. It's for the day after MNSSHP and our rest day. We can don1900 at 9am or Ohana at 10:50 am Which would you choose? We are doing a ton of character dining and have this so far:

9/17

9/18
Tusker Breakfast
1900PF dinner
9/19
Crystal Palace PPO
CRT dinner

9/20
MNSSHP

9/21
Deciding

9/22

9/23

Ohana has much better atmosphere. It is surrounded on 3 sides by bay windows, so depending on which way you're facing, you might be looking at Cinderella's castle, Space Mountain, the Grand Floridian, or the Poly's volcano pool. All great views.

1900 Park Fare has no windows- it feels like the small hotel banquet room it is. I haven't enjoyed the food as much there as I have at Ohana, either. I would only do 1900 Park Fare to meet the particular characters who are performing at your meal time. That would be worth it if you really want to meet them, but otherwise, I'd pick Ohana any day of the week.

Oh, I don't think I want to wait that long to get seated with a hungry 2 year old. Guess I can watch for an earlier ADR that day
Unless you're in the first wave of seatings, plan on there being a 20ish minute wait to be seated (sometimes more, once in a while less). It's just a quirk of 'Ohana, but breakfast there is worth it. And the good news is the food comes out quickly once you're seated.

Unless you're in the first wave of seatings, plan on there being a 20ish minute wait to be seated (sometimes more, once in a while less). It's just a quirk of 'Ohana, but breakfast there is worth it. And the good news is the food comes out quickly once you're seated.

We've always had waits for 1900 Park Fare, too, so I wouldn't let a wait influence your decision. All of the headliner monorail resort restaurants will make you wait, if you don't have the first ressie time of the day.

At that time of morning, they tend to get a bit backed up and we had to wait about 40 minutes for a table.

I had read this many times before, and it made me nervous for our 10:30 reservations last July, but we must have been lucky because we had no more of a wait than the previous July's reservation at brunch opening. But I no longer have a two-year-old to keep happy, so best to take precautions.

That said, I would choose Ohana as well, for reasons already mentioned -- Stitch and the fact that you're a!ready going to 1900 PF.

I can only speak to Ohana. We do breakfast every time we visit WDW. We go first thing in the morning and usually have no wait. The characters spend lots of time at the table, food is fresh and delicious, and we have nothing but the best experience. Our last visit we were sat right at the windows facing the Magic Kingdom. It was awesome. 1900 PF is on a to do list though.

Two Words: Strawberry Soup!
(Now, I have never done 'Ohana for breakfast. But, Park Fare was lovely in December!)

We much prefer the food at 1900 for breakfast and the interaction with the face characters there (especially Mad Hatter) is fantastic. I think it really depends on what unique characters you want to see and what time you want to eat. Stitch vs. Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter and Alice.

9/17

9/18
Tusker Breakfast
1900PF dinner
9/19
Crystal Palace PPO
CRT dinner

9/20
MNSSHP

9/21
Deciding

9/22

9/23

It's been a while for both, Ohana 4 times, 1900 once. Ohana to us was much more relaxing. Cast members constantly walk around with different dishes of food. They do a good job of getting the kids up dancing around. The food was good at both, a better selection at 1900, but 1900 was also a mad house. Too many tables crammed in to a non descript, interior room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter