$194 per ticket!!! Whoa! NFL games

"his ALL TIME FAVORITE team is coming to town in October"

Oh, duh. Here I assumed he was a fan of the home team.

Nope...he actually doesn't really like the home team very much, it just happens that we got preseason tickets for that particular game at that stadium.

Last edited:
I assumed it's the Patriots. The team, star player getting older automatically made me think TB.
I'm guessing the visiting team that's driving up the prices is the Los Angeles Chargers. ;)

In October the New England Patriots are visiting the Chicago Bears for the first time in many years (2010). Yeah, I'm bored at work today and have time for some internet sleuthing.

lol, you know how everyone loves those Chargers! :rotfl2:Premium prices for those bad boys!

I presumed it's the Patriots too, but honestly it's irrelevant. The NFL is extremely popular, amazingly so. Many stadiums have sold out every game for decades straight. So tickets are extremely hard to get unless you go to the secondary market...and then you'll pay whatever the market supports. With more popular teams, the market will support a very high price tag. It sucks, but that's the popularity of the NFL. I'm a huge NFL fan, oh and my hometown team are defending Super Bowl champions :cheer2:, but I would never pay anything close to that for a ticket. I'd rather buy my Sunday NFL Ticket on DirecTV and enjoy watching any game I want.

I presumed it's the Patriots too, but honestly it's irrelevant. The NFL is extremely popular, amazingly so. Many stadiums have sold out every game for decades straight. So tickets are extremely hard to get unless you go to the secondary market...and then you'll pay whatever the market supports. With more popular teams, the market will support a very high price tag. It sucks, but that's the popularity of the NFL. I'm a huge NFL fan, oh and my hometown team are defending Super Bowl champions :cheer2:, but I would never pay anything close to that for a ticket. I'd rather buy my Sunday NFL Ticket on DirecTV and enjoy watching any game I want.

I knew they would be expensive, but I was thinking in the $75-$100 range expensive for the cheap seats, not almost $200!! The tickets we had last night had a face value of $67 for pretty decent seats, and I looked at the same seats for the reg season game and they are going for over $500 each!

We have bought $100 Disney 1-day passes for the 5 of us, and that was a little crazy, but it was for Disney and was all DAY. For 3 hours, I'm not sure I can stomach it. And you are right - it's totally a case of the visiting team driving up the prices too, because prices for other games at that field are a third of the cost for the same seating ranges.

But his face, though....it would be priceless if we could pull it off.

Maybe ask your son if it's something that he would be okay with having be his Christmas gift or a birthday present? It's still a lot but if he's given the option to choose between other things and this chance to see his favorite team, which does he value more? It sounds like he will get a lot out of the experience, so it will be worth the money for him. And fairly, it's not JUST a three hour thing. The excitement of going to the stadium, being there, etc. is factored in too.

As someone who spends a lot of money on sports annually (not $190 in one pop, but I go to 15 or so MLB games a year and it adds up to over that by a good margin), I find paying for the experience of a live sporting event to be a good investment. And it's not something you'll do often, so as a special treat, I'd go for it.

If the Pats played the Redskins (the home town team) I would pay $200 each for a ticket...
Make it a big one time only event... the memories will be worth it!

Did you read my post? lol

I'll admit - I skimmed over the part about it being about the visiting team coming to town as well. :o Yeah, that is going to be an issue - you can always keep searching over the secondary market, hoping for better prices, but you're probably screwed.

I assumed it's the Patriots. The team, star player getting older automatically made me think TB.

Yep, there were several other clues as well. The clincher was the follow up post about a team blowing a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter last night. Didn't take too long to look up what team that was.

I enjoy the game but refuse to pay the prices they ask. Get invited to game with work very occasionally that’s more then enough for me. Besides prefer to watch from home if I watch at all

College football tickets have gone up that much too for big games especially if they’re in nfl stadiums. LSU/Miami game this weekend is $200/ticket this weekend. Some of our home games this yr range from $150-$175.

I very much enjoyed when the Patriots visited here for the preseason since we beat them :). Our preseason tickets have a face value of $43 but during the regular season I think they are in the $175 range. And if we go to the playoffs they are even higher. My ex husband gets his tickets free from work but does have to pay taxes on them.

My biggest issue would be spending that much for cheap seats. Will he be able to really see much?

For comparison, I just dropped $900 on two Pink tickets. The seats are beyond amazing, but still, that’s $900 for about the 3 hours of entertainment. Oh, I also just saw her this past March.

I know I’m probably in the minority, but I just don’t understand why people spend so much money, time and emotional sanity on professional sports. I have respect for the skills and athleticism, but not enough to pay them my hard-earned money.
Spending a fortune on after market sports tickets is no different than people hitting up Stub Hub for a sold out 3 hour concert.

If it is important to you, you will assign value to it. Really doesn't matter if you don't get it. I don't get car racing, but respect that it might be someone else's passion. Everyone has something they will spend their money on.

OP, keep checking NFL Ticket exchange. Many season ticket holders will lower their prices close to the game. Even for popular games, you can often find face value same day of the game. You will have to gamble, but if you want the security of having tickets long before the game, you will pay out the nose.

I am no help - I went to the secondary market to get Bears/Patriots tickets - and am paying double for what I am for the Bears/Lions game.
So I am of the opinion - life is too short, buy the tickets!

I my opinion everything is expensive these days. This is the thing if I were in your situation I would buy the tickets as part of a birthday and xmas gift. There is no greater joy than taking your son to a place and game that he will never forget. The joy on his face and the excitement he will have will always be remembered. You can not put a price on that. I call these memories that will last a lifetime. Just go for it and forget about the price. I have a DD who is on a competitive trampoline and tumbling team and we travel the US. It is way more expensive, but she loves it and we have made so many amazing memories together.

And there is not just the cost of the tickets. Parking can be pricey and any food/beverage would add to your total cost. While any sport is a different experience when seen live, many of the televised sports are becoming a far more economical way to enjoy them. That is true of baseball/football/auto racing.....etc. If you watch the televised coverage closely, they will sometimes go out of their way to NOT show few people are actually there in person.

Those multi-million dollar salaries of many top pros has to come from somewhere. Either ticket sales/ad revenue/TV broadcasts.....etc. All of those things are eventually reflected in higher prices of the things you buy.

Last edited:
I say go for it! Especially if you're talking about the Patriots...I only say that because Belichick, Brady, Gronk & some others won't be around too much longer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter