1965 Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella"

Kennywood

Kennywood
In the 1965 Rodgers and Hammerstein's TV movie, "Cinderella", there is a scene where the Prince is giving a ball.

Does anyone recognize the actress in this picture:

While she didn't have a main part in the movie, she does look familiar.

Any ideas?

The imdb page is very short. It could be Linda Howe, who also was a dancer in more movies in that era, like Brigadoon. And Francesca Bellini played in Days of Our Lives for a long time. They played maids #3 and #4. But I don't think they also did the nobility in this scene. Could be, but not billed as such.

When I try to google, I don't come across any famous people who got their first break as an extra in Cinderella in 1965. So, maybe she just reminds you of someone.

I checked the cast list in IMDB too. She looks much like Francesca Bellini, only Bellini's not blonde.

images

The guy in that screenshot looks like Ed Norton meets Bryan Cranston, but I digress.

Is it Trudi Ames? She was also in the
movie Bye Bye Birdie.

I loved that version of Cinderella and looked forward to watching it every year as a kid. Stuart Damon, the actor who played the prince, was a regular on the soap General Hospital for 30+ years (and sadly passed away last year).

I thought Barbara Eden right away. I do like that version of Cinderella.

Is it Trudi Ames? She was also in the
movie Bye Bye Birdie.

I loved that version of Cinderella and looked forward to watching it every year as a kid. Stuart Damon, the actor who played the prince, was a regular on the soap General Hospital for 30+ years (and sadly passed away last year).
Ding ding ding. I think we have a winner.

From Trudi Ames Wiki page in her film credits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trudi_Ames
Filmography[edit]

My absolute fave show growing up! Looked forward to it airing every year as a little girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter