1BR VWL or 2 BR Kidani for the 4th of July?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW for the week of the 4th of July with me, DH,and adult DS and his girlfriend. We have a 1 BR BWV Boardwalk view that I plan to keep for the first 4 nights. We will need to move to another resort for July 3rd - 5th. MK has evening magic hours until 2am on July 3rd, which we definitely plan to do.

I can get a 2 BR at Kidani or a 1 BR at VWL. I'm trying to weigh out the convenience of being so close to MK over the space of a 2br, especially after 4 nights in a 1br. I haven't decided whether or not we will venture into the parks on the 4th yet; we may just relax at the hotel before heading home the next day. I do have the 1br currently booked at VWL. Would love some input to help me decide! Thanks! :). I've have been to Jambo House but never Kidani, and I've been to WL but never VWL.

We are going to WDW for the week of the 4th of July with me, DH,and adult DS and his girlfriend. We have a 1 BR BWV Boardwalk view that I plan to keep for the first 4 nights. We will need to move to another resort for July 3rd - 5th. MK has evening magic hours until 2am on July 3rd, which we definitely plan to do.

I can get a 2 BR at Kidani or a 1 BR at VWL. I'm trying to weigh out the convenience of being so close to MK over the space of a 2br, especially after 4 nights in a 1br. I haven't decided whether or not we will venture into the parks on the 4th yet; we may just relax at the hotel before heading home the next day. I do have the 1br currently booked at VWL. Would love some input to help me decide! Thanks! :). I've have been to Jambo House but never Kidani, and I've been to WL but never VWL.
I believe you've nailed the key issue: room vs. convenience. I am a bit biased (see my signature), but given you plan to go into MK for EMH on the 3rd, I'd keep your VWL reservation. Yes, you can get to MK from AKV via bus or driving, but having the option to boat is wonderful. Granted, the boats heading back to WL at the close of MK will be crowded, but you should still be fine. Aside from that issue, VWL--like its mother resort WL--is serene, cozy, and quiet which are qualities I look for at the end of a busy park day or when just wanting to relax. You can catch a movie on the beach, watch fireworks from the beach (and EWP), stroll the grounds and nature trail, laze in the Hidden Springs pool, and dine at one of the better Disney restaurants, Artist Point. I've stayed at Jambo and Kidani, and they are lovely, no doubt. But, you do feel slightly isolated which, to be fair, many people love. Though we thoroughly enjoyed our stays at AKV, VWL is where we bought and stay most times. Good luck with your decision! :thumbsup2

HOWEVER, my dear wife pointed out that a 2BR at Kidani not only has two separate bedrooms (which is good for adults), but there are three bathrooms, as well. As much as she loves VWL, she said in this instance her choice would be the 2BR at Kidani depending on what you think about the driving or busing issue to the parks, especially MK. As for food, Sanaa is at Kidani, and we've had two excellent meals there, not to mention Jiko is also a top-tier choice. So, now you have an opposing argument. Again, good luck with your planning!

If your main purpose is MK visiting, I would stick with VWL. Especially if it is only 4 nights.

Your son may want to sleep in an actual bed instead of a sofa bed for the entire vacation. Also the girlfriend will never have any privacy. I know I would feel uncomfortable with not really having anywhere to put my belongings or to just "get away" for a few minutes. Therefore my vote would be for a 2 bedroom for part of the stay - maybe upgrading the BW to a 2 bedroom or 2 studios.

After going back and forth way too many times, I finally switched my reservation to the 2BR at Kidani. Comfort won over proximity, at least for now. :) I did get put on a waitlist for a 2BR at BLT, though I know my chances are very slim that it will come through considering that the 4th of July is involved. Thanks for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter