1st adult trip!

stephy1225

Earning My Ears
It's my husband and I's first adult Disney trip....so exciting! Well at least for me...he's okay with going but it's not his first choice of vacations. We are traveling with my brother and his girlfriend. Sept @ CBR

Any adult disney veterans have advice for dos and don'ts?

Some tips from us, a kid free couple that totally enjoys Disney as adults:
Wake up early, and get to the parks before the heat and crowds. Plan an adult lunch at a nice sit down restaurant , Rose and Crown for example and enjoy an adult beverage and people watching. After, walk and enjoy the scenery and eventually head back to the hotel for much needed time by the pool and a very important nap. Timing the nap mid afternoon, helps prevent walking during the muggy afternoon and diving into stores during a T-storm down pour.
Waking up refreshed its time to get ready and head to a nice Signature TS dinner, enjoying all the comforts of the Disney dining experience. We usually plan 3 or 4 Signature dinners to soak in all the treasures of the Disney culinary treats.
Head to Epcot and drink around the world, slow enough to enjoy the drinks and unique deserts or snacks at certain countries (i.e. Schoolbread at Norway)
We are looking forward to trying out Disney Springs and the Mono Rail drink crawl.

Hope this helps a little!

We take our time getting going sometimes. Animal kingdom we do get up early and only spend a half a day which than move over to epcot. We also put alcohol in our bags and take down with us vs always buying drinks in the parks. That way if we want to go back early or just don't want to be in the park we can have something at the hotel room.

If you are there after Sept. 14th Food and Wine will be happening at Epcot. Plan to spend at least two afternoons there (I recommend park hoppers) testing from the booths. If you aren't wine drinkers, there are a number of booths that have beers from the countries and some have beer flights. I've found as adults (me and my son) we tend less time concentrating on rides and more on just enjoying the place. We spend more time exploring what the resorts have to offer and eating at nicer places. We also take out time now, we don't run from ride to ride and think we have to go from open to close We stand in line if we want to ride a ride, it allows us to talk to each other and just take it slow.

Let the crowds clear out at park closing and enjoy a leisurely stroll out of the park. Nothing beats the ambience of a nearly empty park at night. Epcot especially! The World Showcase is so romantic. Watch Illuminations from Italy and have a seat for a few minutes, then stroll leisurely out of the park. I like to go to the left, through Japan and Morocco. Or make an ADR at or just before park closing. Don't worry, no one will kick you out and transportation will still be running.

You guys ROCK! Love all these tips.
@MaybeMaybeline I love the idea of a leisurely stroll out of the park. Last time we were there (8 yrs ago) we brought our son so everything was a race.

We are doing our first adult trip in October! We are DVC and go usually twice per year with DD8 and DD6 so this will be new for us to not have to worry about timing of things. F&W I am most looking forward to because the girls aren't really into it and start complaining as soon as we get to the first country. We plan to do lots of people watching with a drink or dessert in hand, have nice dinners with wine and do the monorail drink tour. Rides aren't as important but will be a bonus for the what we do go on. Only bad side is I can't use their sleepiness to justify going home early to get to sleep ;)

We are doing our first adult trip in October! We are DVC and go usually twice per year with DD8 and DD6 so this will be new for us to not have to worry about timing of things. F&W I am most looking forward to because the girls aren't really into it and start complaining as soon as we get to the first country. We plan to do lots of people watching with a drink or dessert in hand, have nice dinners with wine and do the monorail drink tour. Rides aren't as important but will be a bonus for the what we do go on. Only bad side is I can't use their sleepiness to justify going home early to get to sleep ;)

Monorail Drink Tour!?!? Never heard of it...guess I have some more research to do :)

There is no type of Disney trip I dont like, HOWEVER, traveling with only adults is freakin killer! I've been with my now husband once, my entire adult family and also went for my bachelorette party with all my girlfriends and have had the time of my life each time!

Go on and get up early and get to the parks. Theres nothing like being there before it gets mobbed, and the weather is a little cooler and nicer (its awesome to have that first cup of coffee as you walk around main street). Plan and book reservations at your fav restaurants so you can take a nice break, grab a beer or glass of champs (after all, you are in Disney - why not celebrate) and then get back to it. (MK - Be our Guest or Tonys Town Square for our outdoor table mid afternoon so you can have your meal while you watch the parade : Hollywood Studios - Sci Fi Drive in or 50s Prime time (both have a nice selection of beverages) : Epcot - anywhere really but the San Angel inn ALWAYS great food and Marrakesh with the belly dancers are awesome : Animal Kingdom - Yak and Yeti (these are always safe bets with great atmosphere)

On your Animal Kingdom day we always go back to Epcot for more food and drinks or Disney Springs for the same (Maybe even some live music or a drink on the water!)
Magic Kingdom - stay late and ride the coasters at night - so fun! (If you can, Be our Guest serves adult bevs only at night - hard to get reservations though)

Take your time in Hollywood Studios and just enjoy the day - to me this is the most adult theme park and I always have the best time with friends here. Second is Epcot (adult wise) esp if you are there during food and wine festival

Look into the Live music at HOB in Disney Springs - could be a super fun night out after a day at a park! - or dinner drinks and bowling at Splitsville in DS

I hope yall have a blast!

It's my husband and I's first adult Disney trip....so exciting! Well at least for me...he's okay with going but it's not his first choice of vacations. We are traveling with my brother and his girlfriend. Sept @ CBR

Any adult disney veterans have advice for dos and don'ts?
We are going kid free in July. Splitting our stay between Boardwalk and Poly. Nothing beets walking to Epcot, drinking around the world, then a night cap at Jelly Rolls. We also love the bar at the Prime Time Café at the Studios. a night at Disney Springs is also a must. We've never done the monorail crawl but will be checking this off the bucket list while staying at the Ploy. Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Monorail Drink Tour!?!? Never heard of it...guess I have some more research to do :)

We are staying at GF this time so we plan to have dinner at Narccoossee's and then a drink at Citrico's and/or Narccoossee's, Trader Sam's at Poly, then to end the night and watch fireworks at the Top of the World at the Contemporary. Depending on how tired we are will determine how many we have at each place!

There is no type of Disney trip I dont like, HOWEVER, traveling with only adults is freakin killer! I've been with my now husband once, my entire adult family and also went for my bachelorette party with all my girlfriends and have had the time of my life each time!

Go on and get up early and get to the parks. Theres nothing like being there before it gets mobbed, and the weather is a little cooler and nicer (its awesome to have that first cup of coffee as you walk around main street). Plan and book reservations at your fav restaurants so you can take a nice break, grab a beer or glass of champs (after all, you are in Disney - why not celebrate) and then get back to it. (MK - Be our Guest or Tonys Town Square for our outdoor table mid afternoon so you can have your meal while you watch the parade : Hollywood Studios - Sci Fi Drive in or 50s Prime time (both have a nice selection of beverages) : Epcot - anywhere really but the San Angel inn ALWAYS great food and Marrakesh with the belly dancers are awesome : Animal Kingdom - Yak and Yeti (these are always safe bets with great atmosphere)

On your Animal Kingdom day we always go back to Epcot for more food and drinks or Disney Springs for the same (Maybe even some live music or a drink on the water!)
Magic Kingdom - stay late and ride the coasters at night - so fun! (If you can, Be our Guest serves adult bevs only at night - hard to get reservations though)

Take your time in Hollywood Studios and just enjoy the day - to me this is the most adult theme park and I always have the best time with friends here. Second is Epcot (adult wise) esp if you are there during food and wine festival

Look into the Live music at HOB in Disney Springs - could be a super fun night out after a day at a park! - or dinner drinks and bowling at Splitsville in DS

I hope yall have a blast!
Thanks so much! We do plan to hit some of those places and even made ADRs for some of the restaurants you named. BOG is impossible to get ressies UGH I'll keep trying.
Oh and I love thay you had your bachelorette at Disney!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter