1st day on SBD/update of day 3 pg 1

luv2nascar

<font color=purple>You're a wizard Harry. And a th
Today is first day on South Beach Diet
The day is almost over and I did pretty well
I need to find snack ideas and recipes though
I,ve got a lot to lose but you gotta start somewhere

Best wishes as you begin your journey to a healthier lifestyle! I know there are several people doing SBD here on the WISH Board, and I'm sure they'll give you some great opinions and advice! I'll be looking forward to your posts!:) :) :)

Congratulations on your first day!! Soon you will see how much more wonderful life is when you are in control of what you eat! :) Good for you!!

Welcome to the "Beach" luv2nascar!

I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday. It's good to know you made it through your first day. I can give you some suggestions for snacks. You can have nuts. I like almonds and there are also cheese sticks. DH and I also like to take a slice of deli meat (I like thinly sliced chicken) and place 1/2 slice of low fat american cheese in the middle, roll it up and pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. I call them my chicken egg rolls. The chicken is all warm and the cheese is gooey and melted inside. Well, those are my favorites. If you have any questions, just holler. As previously mentioned, there are several of us on SBD.

Also, beware that you may experience some withdrawl symptoms as your body detoxes. I had a bad headache that lasted day 4 and 5 but was gone after that and I started to get that energy rush people talk about. It's wonderful! I also keep a journal on the WISH journal board if you want to read about some of my misadventures on this program. Take care and hope to see you posting again on WISH soon!

My favorite snack is macadamia nuts. Low carb and tast yummy!

NancyJ

How about:

Dry roasted peanuts
Cashews
Pistachios (love 'em)
Celery and Peanut Butter (yes, you are allowed 2 TBS of peanut butter a day on SBD - got this from the SBD nutrionists at southbeachdiet.com)
Celery sticks with low-fat cream cheese or neufchatel cheese
String cheese

Do you have the South Beach Diet book? For desserts, try sugar free fudgecicles and sugar free popcicles. And the Mocha Ricotta Cream dessert ROCKS.

Thank you everyone.
Today is day three and its almost over
haven't even cheated yet
Really feel full alot. My hardest time of day is 5-7pm. I really want to snack. I am resisting though.
Had some peanuts last night.

Had to get on the scale this AM to check it out. At the start of day three it says I lost 3 lbs. WOW. I am sooo liking this.
I feel less winded all the time.

wondering if anyone actually stayed in phase 1 longer than 2 wks to try and lose more weight faster. After 14 days I may change my mind but right now I'd love to lose as much as possible as soon as possible. In reality I need to lose at least 100lbs. That is hard to even type right now. 89 lbs to onderland.

Originally posted by luv2nascar
Thank you everyone.
Today is day three and its almost over
haven't even cheated yet
Really feel full alot. My hardest time of day is 5-7pm. I really want to snack. I am resisting though.
Had some peanuts last night.

Had to get on the scale this AM to check it out. At the start of day three it says I lost 3 lbs. WOW. I am sooo liking this.
I feel less winded all the time.

wondering if anyone actually stayed in phase 1 longer than 2 wks to try and lose more weight faster. After 14 days I may change my mind but right now I'd love to lose as much as possible as soon as possible. In reality I need to lose at least 100lbs. That is hard to even type right now. 89 lbs to onderland.

Many people do stay on phase 1 longer than 2 weeks, although the folks at southbeachdiet.com don't reccommend it. The main reason is boredom. Many diets fail due to the dieter getting bored with the foods they are allowed to eat. In phase 2, you slowly work good carbs back into your diet (whole grain, fiber rich, low sugar, no processed flour stuff). That can be pretty scary, especially if you lost a pile of weight in phase 1. The key is to work it in sloooooooooowwwwwlly.

Yes, phase 1 results can be dramatic - I dropped 16 pounds, from 253 (Jan 5) to 237 (Jan 18). Today I was 235.5. You will continue to lose in phase 2, just not as quickly.

Welcome aboard.

Way to go--keep at it! You will love the "Beach"!:teeth:

These are my favorite fill in snacks:

celery with the laughing cow cheese wedges
sugar-free popsicles and fudgsicles(couldn't live without these!)
pistachio nuts
string cheese
toasted almonds
sugar-free jello

My very favorite recipe is to take pistachio nuts and grind them fine, add salt and pepper. Press boneless/skinless chicken breasts in the nut mixture. Brown in olive oil in a skillet. Place in a baking dish and bake until done. This is delicious!

Good Luck--keep in touch with how you are doing!:wave:

Just wanted to add that that I losy 14 pounds during the Phase 1 and was tempted (just a little) to stay on it longer for the results I was experiencing but I was ready for some variety. I always say that DH and I are on South Beach 1.5 because there are still some carbs I'm not ready for yet. Example: rice. I just don't trust it, brown, converted or otherwise but I want to make some beef stroganoff this weekend and I'm going to break down and buy the darn rice. DH and I are adding back the good carbs slowly.

You mentioned having to lose about 100 pounds. Join the 100 pound club with me then. I started out at 282.5 pounds and am 257.5 now. I went to www.virtualmodel.com and made a model of myself at my supposed ideal weight (150-160) and shuddered. It wasn't until I lowered the weight to 140 that I thought the model looked really really good so that's my goal weight 140. There I said it. So I have about 117 pounds to go. I will do it too, one pound at a time. Let's do it together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter