1st Step towards exercise.......

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
Well I bought the firm last night. I guess that is my first step to starting regular exercise. I really hope that I like it, it seems like on the WW's boards there are so many who really love it. I hope I get addicted and WANT to do it too!

I guess with exercise, its like dieting. You have to come to a point in your life where you move beyond thinking about doing it and make that decision to JUST DO IT! I have definately done it with eating and really want to do it with exercise. I just want to enjoy it though!

I am afraid though, of slowing down my weight loss. I was thinking about waiting till my losses slowed down or stopped, or I was at goal. Something is pushing me to start though, and maybe it will actually make me look better by the time my vacation comes. Last year I gained when I added WATP.

Thanks to everyone here at WISH, without your inspiration and seeing everyone else who has added exercise to thier "change of life" journey's, I might not have had the desire to start.

WISH me luck!

Melanie

Melanie,
I know you can do it!!! You're right about exercise - about getting to a point, and then doing it. I am proud of you that you ordered the tapes.....my sister has the original Firm tapes and loved them (she's taking a break right now from them due to back issues). She said she definately felt it after the work out.
You will get to the point where you enjoy the exercise - just try to do a couple of different things so that you don't get bored.

Good luck!!!!!

:)

I couldn't have said it better. :) Just gotta reach that point in your life where you say "okay, enough is enough, I'm ready."

Good luck with FIRM -- I hope it works for you and you enjoy it! :D

Yaaay, Melanie!

I'm counting on you to be a "real life" example of how the Firm does work! I keep seeing great informercials about it and I read on the WW website too (so I see lots of people posting about their Firm workouts, but I don't "know" any of them!) Good for you!

I would say START IT NOW. Don't let the scale be your only guide for your weight loss journey. Even if the numbers on the scale don't move as fast as they did before you started working out, you KNOW you are still LOSING FAT! Your body will be building muscle and using your stored fat for energy to fuel your workouts. You will get leaner and your clothes will get looser. You can't just go by what the scale says. Since I've reached goal my scale has gone up and down by 4 pounds, but my measurements show that I am getting smaller!!! And I also have some pretty mega cheat weekends, so I know that with your dedication to WW you will see better results with the tape measure than I have! ;)

That's just my 2 cents. You should really start this new workout when you are ready to, but I think the sooner you do, the better! Good luck!

Melanie, which ones did you get? I bought the one with the fanny lifter. So far I can do the abs straight through and I am working on the body sculpting tape. And the cardio gets me laughing at myself so hard I have to stop....I have become so uncoordinated in my old age! LOL!

I struggled with the question of when to start working out other than the treadmill and it seemed my body was craving more. I do feel better (maybe it is mental) now that I am working more.

Good luck and if you ever need a laugh...I'll laugh with you!!

Melissa

Melanie,

Good for you! I can't wait to hear how you like the tapes. I am starting to try out some new "in house" exercise ideas and would love to hear if this works for you.

I know that losing the pounds seems to be so important in the mind but exercising is really starting to change the way my body looks in areas and I am really liking that. Hopefully, even if you do add a pound or two, you will be able to see the success of exercising soon.

Good luck and let us know how the tapes are!

Jen

Go for it Melanie!! I have heard great things about The Firm CDs and I would love to hear how things go from you. I don't think you should lose solely by eating alone. Remember our goal is to become and stay more healthy. If you pick out any diet plan I am pretty sure they all say exercise should play a part in it. So my vote is to go...and let us know how you like them. I am considering this purchase too. Good luck!

Melanie and TigerKeeper GO FOR IT!!!!!! I have been using the firm tapes since the begining and i love my results. The ab tape is the one i can do the best. The others i seem uncoordinated to do them but that was back at 220+ lbs maybe now i should try again to keep up. I have the three set that uses the fanny lifter with it. I just use a rubber maid step stool intead of spending the money on the fanny lifter. I love those tapes and the ab on is tough but it's easy to follow and i feel so strong and healthy when i finish it. Let me know how it goes for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter