1st time Disney dining

married2mm

DIS Veteran
where would you have

Breakfast?

Lunch?

Dinner?

Quick service & table service ideas most welcome.

The diner in question loves mushrooms -hates corn and eats pretty much everything else!

Our go to places (which is strictly based on the various experiences of my extended family over a few years):

Breakfast - for adults, The Wave has a great breakfast buffet with the option to buy items off the menu if you're not a buffet person. For those who love characters, 'Ohana if our favorite.

Lunch - we tend to eat counter service. Les Halles in France is our go to snack/lunch place. When we do have a sit down lunch, we do Brown Derby in the Studios or Yak & Yeti at AK.

Dinner - for signature dining, California Grill or Artist Point. For non-signature dining, Spice Road Table in Epcot, Sci Fi in the Studios.

Breakfast - Kona Cafe

Lunch - Brown Derby

Dinner - Chefs de France, California Grill, Ohana

I have an issue w breakfast. I love it, but I really resent that breakfast costs more than lunch in so many places

With that in mind, I like resort breakfasts
Any food court has pretty much the same plate. Will often share w hubby w a plan to add a snack later

For ts I like Olivia's (for pretty much anything!) and kona. Love macadamia nut pancakes, yum!
For buffet Boma

For lunch I like flame tree barbecue I have never been disappointed
For ts th.

If we are doing a character meal it is most likely lunch. I like a midday break w ac and food
TH and CP. garden grill has my best memory off silliness w Pluto.

For dinner Signature meals are my favorite, although boma is always good
Narcoossee was amazing. I can't go back, the night was too perfect. Literally
Yachtsman is a favorite

I don't like citricos. Haven't been to FF since the big rehab. Friends who have gone are mostly it's ok. Too bad, it was a must do. CG not on my list
Was never a big fan of Jiko and to be honest, I have still holding a grudge over the bison being removed. From AP. Although the portobello mushroom soup is amazing

This trip, I’m trying to do more unique things. Be our Guest is a great atmosphere. I’ve had lunch there before and really liked it. We always hit Ohana dinner. Fun and good food. We like Sci Fi Dine in too.

This time we are trying Whispering Canyon Cafe and California Grill.

Are you looking for 1 day, ideas for each park? There are lots of good options, just need more information to give a useful suggestion.

Our favorites.....
breakfast- Crystal Palace (awesome buffet and characters!)
lunch- Sci Fi
dinner- Ohana or Raglan Road

Could we please have some more information, perhaps in regards to where you are staying and what kind of time you like to put into dining?

I highly recommend all the dining at AKL (Boma, Sanaa, and Jiko). Boma is a buffet which is especially delicious and appears to have great dining options for children.

However, depending on where you are staying and your transit options, AKL can be quite the journey.

I also highly recommend Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

With all due respect, you are asking for a World of confusion by asking such an open-ended vague question. There are some 300+ places to eat at WDW. Everyone has their favorites, everyone has the ones they detest. All restaurants will fall into both categories depending on who you ask (meaning I may love a restaurant that someone else can't stand and visa versa). We also have no idea how much you are looking to spend on a meal, the ages of those in your party, how many meals you are looking to schedule, is this your first trip, etc. etc. etc.

Your best bet is to check out the menus on allears.net. The menus there are pretty up to date, including prices, and will give you a good idea of what to expect at each restaurant. After you have narrowed it down, then ask about opinions on specific restaurants or peoples opinions on a tentative schedule you have made up. Leaving it so open and vague is going to leave your head spinning.

Apologies-ought to have been more precise.
1st time eating in the world.

Our favorite breakfast TS: 'Ohana at the Polynesian

Our favorite Magic Kingdom TS: Liberty Tree

Our favorite Epcot TS: Biergarten

Our favorite Epcot QS: Sunshine Seasons, Kringla Og Bakeri in Norway

Our favorite Hollywood Studios TS: Me, 50s Primetime but the others like Sci Fi

Our favorite Animal Kingdom CS: Flametree BBQ and Sa'tuli Canteen

Are you looking for 1 day, ideas for each park? There are lots of good options, just need more information to give a useful suggestion.

Again-I wasn't intentionally being vague..

I was/i am simply looking for meals/restaurants which a first timer eating in wdw would not ordinarily experience in their home town
Everyone's experiences and suggestions are welcome and I shall happily select from there.
We will be on vacation with our dd (the reason for my thread!) for 14 nights-so plenty of meals to be had and lots of choices to be made!

We shall have a car and happily travel from parks to resorts ,Disney springs,boardwalk In order to enjoy delicious meals.
Dh loves food, I love the parks and dd will just be delighted to be there.

Therefore-once again; any and all suggestions are most welcome indeed.

Btw-party of 3 adults ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:tink:

For breakfast CRT once if you have never been otherwise Boma, a truly good breakfast.
For lunch we always eat CS at whatever is closest.
For dinner we eat at Ohana's twice every trip already got it scheduled twice in June.

MK - Crystal Palace breakfast, Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, Tony’s or BOG dinner.
Epcot - Tutto Italia lunch, Coral Reef lunch or dinner, and Chefs de France or
Le Cellier for dinner.
DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby lunch and 50’s Prime Time Cafe dinner.
AK - Tusker House breakfast and Rainforest Cafe lunch.

Resorts - Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast at Wilderness Lodge, Trail’s End Buffet breakfast at Ft. Wilderness, Cape May Cafe breakfast at Beach Club, and Boma breakfast and dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

AK pre park opening breakfast at Tusker House and a late lunch at Yak & Yeti (TS)

MK pre park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace and a late lunch at Columbia Harbor House

Epcot late morning breakfast at Akershus or Garden Grill with a later dinner at Tepan Edo

DHS we don't love any of the dining here Prime Time menu doesn't appeal to us and Sci Fi has just beck Yuck the last few times.
I do like Hollywood Brown Derby, but it is not on par with other Signature places, so we wouldn't do it unless we were on the dlx
plan and had the credits to waste. We typically would do QS and eat elsewhere for dinner.

We typically do not eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner while in WDW as it is just to much food and there are so many yummy snacks to enjoy in between.

My daughter who is 14 loves Raglan Road in Disney Springs, so that is a must every trip.

For Signatures we really enjoy Narcoosees, Flying Fish and Jiko.

Also, with respect...to add to OhThePain's response, the choice of restaurant will depend on the type of dining experience you are seeking. Many of the restaurants are fine dining with excellent food in a formal atmosphere (signature), some are more casual with average food but better pricing, and some are uniquely Disney World. Some are character dining, some are buffets. Most require ADRs (advanced dining reservations). Be prepared at 180 days before your trip to make your ADRs. Also, be prepared to wait a little while for your table and estimate 2x the price you would pay elsewhere for the same food. With that said, here are some of the most popular restaurants (that are also on our list of favorites)

MK: Be Our Guest (strictly for the unique atmosphere. the food is barely average).
HS: 50's Prime Time (for the unique experience and the fried chicken)
HS: Sci Fi Diner (for the unique dining experience)
EP: San Angel Inn (beautiful atmosphere, good food, affordable).
AK: Yak n Yeti or Nomad Lounge (good food)
DS: Morimotos (beautiful, try the ribs)
Resorts:
AKL: Jiko, Sanaa, Boma...all great food
WL: Artiste Point
Poly: 'Ohana

Honorable Mentions: Yachtmans, Le Cellier, Via Napoli, Tiffins, Brown Derby, Skipper Canteen.

To name about 20 of the 300 choices....

Good Luck!!

For BF- we love Crystal Palace and Cape May.

For lunch/dinner- we love Il Mulino, Rose and Crown, Be our Guest(lunch only), Sunshine Seasons, Columbia Harbour House, Yachtsman, and Yak and Yeti.

Some other good choices for a fun atmosphere are Ohana dinner and 1900 Park Fare dinner.

Have fun!!

Breakfast: Kona Café, Whispering Canyon Café, Boma.
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern, Flame Tree BBQ, Sanaa, Kringla Bakeri, Via Napoli.
Dinner: La Hacienda de San Angel, Jiko, Ohana, Raglan Road, Yachtsman.

Just a few of our favs, check out some menus, see what fits you and your family the best.

Thanks very much indeedy for the new ideas and added info.

CRT has never appealed to me -but in a discussion with dd (30) she couldn't believe it wasn't on the obvious 180 adr & must go list!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter