1st Timer back from trip

Reyes0702

Earning My Ears
I thought this would be a good place to talk about my first trip ever to WDW! I would do trip report but it seems daunting to me and Idk if there is a rule about doing a pre-trip before doing a trip report, which would be too late for me lol. But this was a much needed family trip with DH, DS10 and DD6 to bond and to reflect of how much we need to take vacations more often as a family :goodvibes

Our trip took place from October 27 - 31st, we had the best weather ever.

So, first lets talk about MK- We arrived on the 27th, checked in and ran to MK. Bad idea... we drove down from AR so we were beat, even with our stop to Panama City Beach. We were grumpy and too tired, so we stayed only for Celebrate The Magic show and then we went to contemporary to our Chef Mickey ADR (We had a blast at Chef Mickey's, but hate to say the food options seem limiting to me)

On 28th we returned to MK, we were able to do some of the must do rides like 7DMT, Splash Mountain, BTMR, HM, Buzz Lightyear, Pirate. They say its a two day park, but honestly we did pretty good for one day. We knew we could not do everything but we did enjoy rides, characters and BOG! We did not stop to look at shops a lot so that meant we bypassed Main Street (that may make a big difference of a two vs. one day park). We also, skipped some parts of tomorrow land, since the park closed at 7 pm that day.

Next let's talk about Epcot- sorry but this was my least favorite park. I thought I would love because I heard a lot about Soarin, which was great. Anyways, It just didn't keep my attention, especially my kids, we only did half the world at world case then came back to future world. We did TT, Soarin, Captain EO, Mission: Space, Nemo. We ran back to World Case to do our ADR at San Angel Inn (very yummy). We did to the three caballeros when we were there, probably the only ride on world case haha.

Next HS- okay I know ppl say this is a one day park, but me and my family were not able to make it to all parts of this park. The one thing that I can say is that it is laid out weirdly to me... maybe it just me. But I felt like I had to run around more than the other parks. We did not get to go on RR or ToT, but we went on Star Tours, TSMM, and The Frozen Sing Along (pretty cute). Oh, btw The Legend of Jack Sparrow was not that great... did not get it. This park closes early so after our Mama Melrose ADR at 5 we headed out.

Lastly, I want to say this was surprising for me, but originally our plans was to do 2 days MK, 2 days Epcot, 1 day HS to do our 5 days total. AK was not in my plans, but after Epcot being a not so great option for us, we decided to give it a go and I must say it was good that we did! AK is now our second favorite park, after MK. We did ITTBAB (great show!), Kali Rapids, Expedition Everest and lastly Safaris. We watched Finding Nemo - the musical, it was beautiful, but sadly I am the only one who loves musicals in my family. The only downside is not being able to ride The primeval swirl, due to 6 year old not being 48". So oddly enough she could ride Expedition, but not this ride that seemed less scary, any whoo it was ok we did the TS and then started to head out, but we saw there was a sign that just said DINOSAUR... so we decided to check it out and I have to say I liked the ride quite a bit. It was a good ending to the day. Oh, and have to add that I heard AK can be hot but it was lovely weather with lots of shade.

So, that was my trip in a nutshell. I thought it would be good to get a first timers opinion of the parks. Also, we did pretty good with our FP's, we didn't do RD for any park but we got there pretty early. When we did we notice the wait times for SB for the popular rides were 30-50 mins, and that was doable for us. But later in the day it was more like 50-80 mins. I now been back for a whole day and my verdict is that I would do it again and we will probably in 2016! The atmosphere overall of Disney is great, I did see some things that I did not care for, but I decided that it was about me and my family and our much needed get away trip so that's all that matters. Thanks for reading!

Funny how different two families can be :) I was leary about Epcot but pleasantly surprised, it just might be my very favorite park (Closely tied with MK)
I totally agree on the layout of HS, all the other parks I felt we had a good plan going in. That one just felt so all over the place. I think it is probably a huge reason we didn't enjoy that park very much.
BTW- Primevil Whirl is ROUGH, we felt the same about the height limit but after riding it I can kind of see it. My 8 year old loved it but the rest of us not so much LOL, very jerky.

Glad you had a good trip :)

I'm glad you spent a lot of time pointing out how some things you thought you'd love you didn't. And the park you thought you could skip was nearly your favorite. I try to stress to everyone that even with the planning DVDs and these boards, there is just NO way to know what will or won't hold your attention until you see it for yourselves! :thumbsup2

We had a fabulous time. Now that we experience the first time we can plan accordingly for our next trip!

We are eyeing the royal guest rooms at POR has someone stayed there that can give me insight? Worth the $ or not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter